Old 08-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #46  
Southside White Sox Fan

Poor Rhonda. I do NOT enjoy house remodeling and spiffing.

Sandra should be bragging!

I'm off to the pool. I just got off the treadmill and the pool water hit 85 degrees. Woo Hoo!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:42 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

I've been working on lessons for hours! My brain is fried. My DS is having terrible GF problems and sadness, my nephew that lived with us temporarily is in the hospital diagnosed with bipolar disorder and drug abuse, my house is still a mess, and I need a tranquilizer! I know that I should not be complaining. It could be much worse. Instead of whining, I should be praying for Maryann and Leo!!!

I am excited for Rhonda and proud for Sandra! I am also glad to be able to talk to the rest of you chicks!!

BBL
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Sloan, that doesn't sound like whining to me. People with bipolar, and those who love them and are affected by them, are dealt a difficult hand. It's in the males in my family. My ex-husband also suffers from it, taking refuge in pills and booze. That's why he's my ex.

You need hugs , so I've sent the best I can do so remotely. You have my sympathy and compassion. Hang in there. I dearly hope your nephew gets the help he needs and can stop, or control, the self-medicating. Although, of course, the biggest addiction problems in our Western world are the abuse of prescription, not street, drugs.

Vickie, I don't mind the spiffing part. I even like it. I went shopping today and found a bargain on a chenille blanket that will serve as a bedspread. It was $80, marked down to $30. I found a nice throw to go with it, and the bed is done! We have a spread but it is so dark that it dominates the room. The new color is ivory, so all looks bright and clean.

But, the painting...well, I'm tired, and tired of it. I had a bit of a meltdown this morning, after waking up at 4AM, and not being able to get back to sleep. DH did the right thing and painted the last wall for me. SO, the painting is finished for me except for 6 feet of baseboard, which I'm doing as soon as I sign off!!!

DH still has a ceiling to do, but that won't take too long.

Yes, maybe Sandra will brag a bit when she gets home, which should be soon.

BBL

Last edited by Tejas; 08-09-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:34 AM   #49  
Southside White Sox Fan

Here I am up in the middle of the night again. I HAVE to go to bed. I've got JC weigh in, babysitting, and grocery shopping tomorrow.....today.

I'll be back way later in the day to check in.

At least I did my exercise and was in the pool for 3 hours. Storms are on their way.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote