Old 07-25-2009, 11:48 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' y'all! Good news! My house has not fallen down. DH and BIL will remove one wall today, and start on another one as soon as they are done. We are working on the living rm/den/dining room. Currently, we have a den and living room that are adjacent to each other and a small dining room. We are changing that to a family room with a large dining room. Our current small dining room will become the breakfast room. My extended family is large, and when it is my turn to host family gatherings, we are always crowded. This way we will have a dining room table that seats 10 and room to add another table in the same area. We never use the living room anyway, so it will be the family room. I am very excited to see the end results; it is the biggest change that we are making. Today, I just need to clean up around the construction and do some laundry.

Sounds like we all are getting into the hotter/steamier part of summer. Tennessee has had the mildest summer in my memory, but I think the typical summer has finally gotten here. Hot and muggy

GTG make a showing before dh gets home from work. Have a great day everyone!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:03 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain....three days straight...that's all that's happening here!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:33 PM   #48  

Rhonda-that's the pits for the jazz festival. Is any of it indoors? I hope so.

It's 5:30 and I just realized that I have only eaten watermelon today. I've been hungry now and then, but have been too busy to eat.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #49  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks. I'm up early today for my weigh in. I have to weigh in today instead of tomorrow. We have a little mini trip planned with Sister and BIL. Lots of fattening food is involved and I'm not going to avoid any of the yummy stuff. I'm just going to practice portion control and get exercise.

I've been punky and blue the last couple of days. Jim is feeling better and then I got sick. Ended up at the Doctor on Friday and am on antibiotics and Mucinex DM. Sheesh. I'm just thankful that he got me in and I got on the medicine so that I could feel ok for the trip.

Anyway, sorry I haven't been posting but I just wasn't up to it. I have to pack today and I don't even know what I'm bringing. But...first things first. Gotta get ready to go see Jenny!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:30 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Sloan, the renovations sound exciting. It's good that you have some expert family help. It quit raining last night and the jazz festival (outdoors) continued. But, we didn't go because we had other plans with friends.

Vickie, I hope you feel better and enjoy the foods. I had a modest slice of blueberry pie last night and enjoyed it all.

Donna, hang in there...you've got such a rough patch right now!

I've been to spinning class and am now going back to work on this place, and in the yard. DH said that I now had so many flowers in the back yard it looks like someone is buried there. (Well, I do have one dog and one cat buried there!)

BBL,
Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:59 PM   #51  

Mornin'

I have had a couple of "off" days, so I'm back at it today eating wise. I've decided to move back to core and stop counting points except for wpa's. Since I'm pretty sure I am going to change my goal, I decided to just go back to my comfort zone.

Rhonda-It is nice having BIL to help us. He and DH trade out. DH is a mechanic, so he works on BIL's cars.

Donna-we did not stay at the auction 'cause it was so crowded. We were only being nosy anyway. We have not heard about how much the house sold for, but with some money and tlc, it could be a showplace. Probably well worth a million dollars.

Vickie-Hope you feel good for your trip, and Jenny was good to you this morning. Let us know! We're rootin' for ya!

Have a great day chicks. BBL
Old 07-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #52  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I think I'm going to be trouble on the scale for tomorrow W-I,as I went over my low calorie day,but I should really be upset as I lost 5 lbs of my 8 that I gained on the cruise.

PAULA-Its getting hot and humid and sticky ,but I'm not complaining just helped Leo put in another A/C in the up stair loft,tomorrow we'll get the other two in the living room and computer room.
Hope the pounds start melting off now that the HHH weather is among us

Quote:
Mornin' y'all! Good news! My house has not fallen down. DH and BIL will remove one wall today, and start on another one as soon as they are done. We are working on the living rm/den/dining room.

SLOAN-Glad that the house hasn't fallen in You're home will be a Home & Garden model once it done.Leo & I are not going to remodel anything in our home as we're to old for that,but than again we have no we're not handy or have any green thumbs.

What ever works for you,counting calories is not for every one,I'm still doing it as I love to play with numbers.

RHONDA-Leo & I are a little disappointed that we can't watch the Canadian Open,we're such golf fans, but the both of us don't play.Glad you enjoyed your blueberry pie,we all have to take a break here and there.

VICKIE-Good luck at your W-I today and have a great time with your family on the mini trip.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:06 PM   #53  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks Chicks. You are all just the best. I lost 1.4 which covers the gain from last week. I have to go compute the total loss.

I still feel yucky. I've only had 2 doses of the antibiotic so I have to give it time. It's a once a day for 7 days stuff. I can't take amoxicillin or zithromax so my options are limited. It's called Avelox. My stomach is upset, I think from the Mucinex DM. I'm really tempted to stop taking that.

I'd love to stay and catch up but I have to go pack, take care of the pool and do my nails. I'll try to come back later.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:51 PM   #54  

Vickie-your nausea may be from the avelox or the mucinex. Make sure that you have something in your stomach when you take the mucinex and avelox. Nausea is one of the big side effects of avelox. Also, try eating small bland meals, and if you are not allergic, you could take some dramamine. The dramamine sometimes works for nausea, but can make you sleepy. I know that was unsolicited advice, but that's the nurse in me. I hope you feel better so you can enjoy your trip to the fullest!

Maryann-It's great that you have lost the five pounds. The rest will be gone before you know it!

Hey y'all

Last edited by sloanie; 07-26-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #55  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Sloan! I forgot you are a Nurse. I'm planning to eat basically bland food, if that's what you call Amish country cooking. I'm so disappointed though because I was SO looking forward to the food. I will make sure I take it with food. I hadn't been careful about that.

Last edited by Vickie; 07-26-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:03 PM   #56  
Southside White Sox Fan

BTW, I love unsolicited advice! Problem is that I give it too.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:44 PM   #57  
focused and aiming

Vickie, have fun on your trip. I'm glad you got some meds and are feeling better. Congratulations on losing 1.4 lbs.

Rhonda, we have 40% chance for rain all week. I hope we get it. It's been 102* again today. Yesterday was 100+. Curtis and I both overheated at an archery tournament. He almost fainted. So did I. Now wouldn't that have been a royal mess? lol Anyway, we survived. Today we've been taking it easy just trying to recoop.

Sloan, I had forgotten you're a nurse, too. For some reason I was thinking you were a teacher.

Maryann, on a good WI.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:58 PM   #58  

Sandra-I am both a registered nurse and a teacher. I teach health science which is a program for students who are interested in health care careers. In order to teach those classes in Tennessee, you have to be a licensed health professional and complete the equivalent of a minor in industrial education for teacher licensure. I practiced nursing full time for eighteen years and have been teaching for twelve. I enjoyed nursing, but I really love teaching. It is the perfect job for this time of my life.

Enough about me. I hope all of you have had a great weekend and are ready for an "on core" week!

Nighty night
Old 07-27-2009, 06:42 AM   #59  
Southside White Sox Fan

See you on Wednesday everyone!

Have two great on program days.