Old 07-14-2009, 09:49 PM   #16  
focused and aiming

We didn't do well with the eating, but we didn't do too badly either. I guess sometimes that's as good as it gets.

Rhonda, you're doing well. Just hang in there, Cuz.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' y'all
I don't think I'll get much done today. I hurt my back! As it turns out, picking up a couch and loveseat can be too much for a 50 year old back. I have an appointment with the chiropractor this morning, so maybe she can help. The carpet cleaners are on their way, and my furniture is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I just pray that it stays sunny, cause a muddy driveway means no furniture!

I'm sending out to you all! TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:11 AM   #18  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

I've got all kinds of things hopping around here today. I have a guy coming at noon to do some window repair. We can't afford new windows. Then we hope to swim after he leaves in the afternoon. It'll only be our 4th time in the pool.

Woo hoo!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #19  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda and Coco, just keep at it. That darned weight has to come off sooner or later.

Sloan, congratulations on your loss and BUMMER on your back. Whatever are you thinking girl? I hope your chiropractor can get you all adjusted.

Sandra, we know what to do. I had an unplanned splurge meal yesterday but I got right back on. I'm getting good at not letting one bad meal or dessert send me over the ledge.

Paula, how are you doing?

Time for my breakfast now!

Last edited by Vickie; 07-15-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #20  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Things are going well in getting back to the old core plan. I must say after tracking points and eating core, I feel more in control now not counting the points. I made a nice black bean salad yesterday (black beans, corn, peppers, onion, cuke and tomatos topped with red wine vinegar and olive oil). Very yummy. I ate it through out the day - it was yummy! I've also been keeping away from carbs as well and keeping off the scale. I managed to do my walk/jog yesterday. I'm seeing an improvment, I think I jogged 1/2 of the 3 miles (off and on). So, things are going well and I feel in control.

Sloan, I hope the chiropractor can give you some relief. OUCH! But, the rooms will look great when done and you'll have a new couch to sit in --ok, trying to look on the bright side of things.

Rhonda, have you done your measurements? I'm sure those are changing even though the scale is not. Do you feel a difference in your clothes?

I'm starving -- going to get my salad in a few minutes. Brought canned crab meat mixed with ff may to put on top of it. YUM. Have a good afternoon.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:54 AM   #21  

Hi Everyone
Just getting on for a few.
Waiting on a load of clothes to finish. Then hanging them out.
Got one load out.
Had some fiber one pancakes for breakfast. Added some fresh blueberries. Very Yummy.
Got a salad made for lunch. Lettuce, cucumbers, sweet peppers, raddish, then added some reduce fat feta cheese, mandrin oranges, and just a few walnuts. Then going to use light raspberry vinegrette salad dressing. Hope it turns out. Will see here in a little bit.
Havent decided yet what to have for supper.
Well am going to get off here for now.
Hope everyone is having a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #22  

Afternoon chicks!
The chiropractor had to get rough with my back today, but it did help a little. I'm still very sore and will not be moving furniture any time soon. I am still counting points successfully, so that's really an accomplishment for me. I have not been op for this many days in a row for a long time.

Coco-I love feta cheese. I have not ever gotten it in a low fat version. I'll have to look for it.

Paula-thanks for the well wishes. Your black bean dish sounds yummy!

Vickie-thanks for your well wishes, too. I liked the comment you made about being able to get back op after a slip up. I am finding it easier, too.

Rhonda-measuring yourself is a good idea! Maybe that will show the changes that are taking place.

Sandra-Hang in there. As we all know, one off program meal does not signal failure.

GTG help ds paint a little. I'll take it easy, but the chiro said I should continue my normal activity, just no throwing couches out the window!

BBL
Old 07-15-2009, 05:20 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Coco, that salad sounds good. I'm not so keen on feta cheese, but loved the rest of it. Too bad I've just about had all my points, so my salad tonight will be less interesting. Well, at least no cheese.

I had salmon at lunch and that is rather high in points.

The spinning teacher said that she believed 80% of weight loss is food, but not to quit spinning. I have no intention of quitting; I like everything else that is happening with it.
She also so that the resistance training, push ups, sit ups, etc. is really good for boosting metabolism.

The personal trainer took our measurements, so I'll look for change there.

Vickie, you need to move south with that pool

Sloan, throwing furniture sounds like fun....without the back ache that is.

I'm going to go sit down for a while...I've been on the run since 5:30 this morning!!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:44 PM   #24  

I've found fat free feta in my store -- its very, very good. Its all crumbles just like the full fat and taste just the same --imo.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #25  

fat free feta? I'll be on the lookout for it. Thanks Paula!
Old 07-15-2009, 07:52 PM   #26  

Just weighed myself -- after dinner and a couple glasses of water. I'm less than I was last Saturday am neeked!
Old 07-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #27  
focused and aiming

Sloan, how is your back? I hope you're better.

Sounds like all of you are doing well. I did better today. Life is good.

The decks were to be finished today but it's looking like tomorrow. Cross your fingers.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #28  

Hi There
The salad was very good. I am not real crazy about the feta cheese. So I didnt put very much in.
Wont be on here tomorrow until later. Have to take the doggies to the groomers.
But I will be thinking of everyone
Hope everyone had a good day.
Night
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #29  
Donna

Hi All,

I'm off to take DH to the hospital for is surgery. We are entering the last chapter of this saga and are praying for noooooooooo sequels.

I've been pretty much off plan all week although yesterday was better. I'm going to try to get strict with myself next week after DH is out of the hospital.

Sloan - hope you're back feels better.

Everyone else -

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:32 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone:

Paula, that's great about your weight. Good luck at WI.

I've been to the personal training session and am now going to work in the garden. There are some spots that need filling in with some color so I get to go buy plants! I love that part of gardening!

I'm not going into the office today. They know how to find me if they really need me. So, I'm going to work around here, make a nice lunch for me and DH and pretend that I'm retired already.

I hope you all have a great day, and I'll BBL.

Rhonda

ps: I hope Maryann is having a good cruise...maybe she'll check in with us at some point
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote