Weekly Chat: July 6-July 12

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to

• NEW PAGES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Rise and shine, everyone!

It's a new week to do even better than before. I started the day with a spinning class. This one was a little different than the others: we were told to chose a RPM level of about 90 and stay there for most of the class. It was interesting, almost meditative.

Today doesn't have too many food-related temptations in it, so I think I might make it through without too much effort. Who knows

I hope you all have a great OP day.

Rhonda
  • Good Morning Ladies

Got on the scale this morning and I stayed 168 like I was on Friday.Don't know if the S/F shakes had anything to do with not gaining over the holiday weekend. I will try it again during the Next holiday [Labor Day] and if it is,I will use that method for all of the on coming holidays.

Nothing ,new I going out with Leo to have his port flushed and than go to Marshal's to see if I can find a fancy blouse for formal night .Can't believe that its this Saturday already,have so much to do,making a list, washing, pressing & packing.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting us up for this week. WOW!!! 90 rep for 45 MINS. That's a lot of spinning,I can only do 60 Reps every 5 mins for 30 mins. You really must be good keep up with 90/45.

Have a great day,
  • Mornin' everyone!
    It sounds like everyone had a nice holiday weekend. We came home yesterday from East Tennessee in a terrible storm. We had a very nice visit with dd, and now it's back to remodeling Hades. Hoping to make some headway today as dh is off.

Maryann-I'm so glad your weather has been better. Hopefully today will be the day you find that special blouse. It sounds like your "sandwich" plan worked. Good idea!!

Rhonda-it's a good thing that killer is moving away. He sounds a little over enthusiastic!

Sandra-good luck with the reboot. We all have to do that from time to time. I am just trying to take it one day at a time.

Paula-your weekend made me think of the movie Pollyanna. A good hometown Fourth of July celebration!

Vickie-How are you doing? Did those great nieces and nephews keep you busy?

Coco-How was your camping trip?

Today is weigh in day for me, and I'm excited/nervous. I have been op for the entire week, but did use all of my wpa's, and most of them were used on Saturday. I hope that did not do too much damage. I'll bbl to let you know. Have a great day everyone!
  • Happy Monday. I'm motivated and have a good plan for today. I did end up just having cherries for a snack last night. Night time eating is still my down fall. I'm happy with what I did yesterday and I'm looking forward to running/walking again tomorrow. I'll need to take the dog for a walk tonight, he can't go very fast, so running with him is out. But tomorrow is my day off so I'll have time. Just need to take my mom for blood work and errands (she still hasn't gotten the OK to drive, it may be another week or so). Then I'm getting a pedicure sometime tomorrow.

Maryann, are you leaving from Boston? It sounds like a wonderful cruise. I've never gone to PEI - went to Nova Scotia (Halifax and Cape Bretton) a few times in college. Its beautiful. I hope the weather is good for your trip. Where are your stops?

Sloan, good luck with wi. I did not log my weight on Saturday am -- I think I should have as it was way up after eating and drinking Satruday afternoon. I'm going to stick to plan this week and log my offical WI next Saturday.

Sandra, what is reboot? Your computer?

Vickie, good luck on your wi today. Hopefully you'll get past that next 15pd mark! You are doing so well. Any thoughts on getting another dog - maybe one from a breeder that is younger? Or an orphan from a kennel?

Rhonda, congrats on keeping up with the spinning. It may be like me starting to run - its a bit addictive and interesting to see how we can progress.

Hi Coco, Donna and anyone I missed (feels like I forgot someone, sorry if it was you!)

Have a good day.
  • Hi Chicks! I'll be back later after weigh in.
  • Happy Monday All,

Well, I definitely over-indulged on Saturday, but it was fun. Then yesterday was not a pretty sight eating wise, but today is another day and I am starting over (yet again). WI was this morning and even though I was feeling a little puffy from my choices over the weekend I weighed and counted it. I was up 1.4 Oh well, as long as I stick to program this week I'm sure I'll see improvement. Then next week DH goes in for his surgery so.......we'll see.

Maryann - Hope you found your top. When do you leave again? DH debated but decided to have the port out during his surgery so he won't have to have it flushed. Hopefully he won't need it again.

Paula - Sounds like you had a fun weekend. I wanted to go to fireworks this year but didn't make it. Our town does theirs during "homecoming" in August so maybe we'll make it then. Probably depends on how DH feels.

Vicki - Hope wi for you was better than mine

Sloane - When you're done with your remodeling want to come tackle mine? Just kidding, hope your wi goes well also.

Sandra - reboot

Well I've gotta go grab lunch and then walk the dog. I already counted it here so now I've gotta stick to it.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
  • I lost 1.6 for a total of 31 pounds down. 2 fifteen pound goals down and 8 to go!
  • Vickie!!!

Sandra, it looks like I'm the only one who understood that you meant getting back OP when you said "reboot." It must be because we're cousins and both from Texas!

Donna, I see you kept your promise to be back here today. Good for you!

I'm doing well today and hope everyone else is.

Rhonda
  • Congrats Vickie!!!! Need to update your siggie -- two down and EIGHT to go!
  • Thanks Paula. I'm going to go read and catch up now.
  • Rhonda, I don't know how you do it. I'm not even sure that I know what spinning is anyway. Does it mean standing up and pedaling?

Maryann, it's great to maintain over a holiday. Congratulations to you! When do you leave?

Sloan, I hope you had a great weigh in. I'm awfully happy to hear that you made it home safely despite the storm. We had a great time with the Great Nieces and Nephew. We ran around and then played some kind of automated Uno game that shoots cards at you. It was fun and the kids really enjoyed it.

Paula, better cherries than potato chips! I just bought some Ranier cherries today. I didn't even know what they were until Sandra turned me on to them a couple of years ago. They are $5.99 a pound here so I just bought enough for Jim and I to have some one time. If they're good I'll buy more.

Donna, you are doing amazing with all you and DH have been through. Just do what your doing and get back on program. Everything will work out.

So I've got an iced decaf (counting the one lowfat cream on the side) and I'm going to catch up on my Angie's list entries. It's about to rain here and it will be cool for the next couple of days. That means no swimming until probably the weekend.

it's weird that you should ask about the dog. Two other breeders have contacted us with retired champions to place. I'm not sure we are brave enough to go that route again. We'll see. We said we needed time to decompress so I'm going to try to give that to ourselves.
  • Hi Ladies

Found my fancy blouse its a paisley with all shades of olive green,black & cream.So,I have a choice of cream, black or olive slacks to complete the set.

Now to get the check list completed,have no idea what I'm going to bring. Ten day forecast tells us the PEI is going to have showers here & there so,I can't just take shorts thinking about my capri sets for the day and more dressy attire for dining in the evening. Men have it so easy a pare of pants & shirt or polos & shorts.

SLOAN-One of my former WW leader told us to sandwich any holiday,I tried with eating less food on the day before and the after,but it didn't work,but the shakes did do the trick.

PAULA-Yes were taking a limo up to the Boston Pier where the ship is docked. I just hope the weather holds up,and we will be able to take a tour of PEI after we disembark. The first stop is Bar Harbor,Sydney,than to PEI and after that Quebec City,to Montreal where we take a plane back to Boston.

TECH-This Saturday.The doctor suggested for Leo to leave the port in,for 2 years anyway,and than if the cancer is really gone he can have it removed.

VICKIE-BIG BIG CONGRATS on your successful weight loss journey.That's wonderful that you lost a total of 31 lbs.You'll be down to goal very shortly.
  • Hi Ladies

Found my fancy blouse its a paisley with all shades of olive green,black & cream.So,I have a choice of cream, black or olive slacks to complete the set.

Now to get the check list completed,have no idea what I'm going to bring. Ten day forecast tells us the PEI is going to have showers here & there so,I can't just take shorts thinking about my Capri sets for the day and more dressy attire for dining in the evening. Men have it so easy a several pairs of pants & shirt or polos & shorts.

SLOAN-One of my former WW leader told us to sandwich any holiday,I tried with eating less food on the day before and the after,but it didn't work,but the shakes did do the trick.

PAULA-Yes were taking a limo up to the Boston Pier where the ship is docked. I just hope the weather holds up,and we will be able to take a tour of PEI after we disembark. The first stop is Bar Harbor,Sydney,than to PEI and after that Quebec City,to Montreal where we take a plane back to Boston.

TECH-This Saturday.The doctor suggested for Leo to leave the port in,for 2 years anyway,and than if the cancer is really gone he can have it removed.

VICKIE-BIG BIG CONGRATS on your successful weight loss journey.That's wonderful that you lost a total of 31 lbs.You'll be down to goal very shortly.
  • "Reboot" is my new word to use instead of "dusting." All I meant was we were back on program beginning Sunday morning.. Sorry for the confusion. And-- we are still op. Life is good.

Rhonda, I am tickled that you knew what I was talking about. I think Sloan did, too. I know sometimes I sort of march to a different drummer. Maybe you two are in my parade with me?

Vickie, congratulations on having 2-15's down. You're doing great.

Maryann, congratulations to you, too. I hopped on the scales Sunday Am and was shocked to see I hadn't regained all I'd recently lost. Life is good.