Weekly Chat: June 29- July 5

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to

• New Pages!

• Happy new week everyone:

Vickie, we know that you are sad right now, so maybe you don't feel it's a "happy new week."

Tech told us she had a bad week, also.

Let's see if we can pick ourselves- and one another- up, not use food to quell our emotions, and take care of ourselves and one another.

I've started my week with a spinning class not even 24 hours after having had a class. This is the first time I've done that, so we'll see how I feel in about 12 hours! Like a rag doll, I bet.

What are everyone's July 4th plans? We won't do much, and Wednesday is Canada Day so we have two opportunities to overindulge in one week!!
  • Sorry about being AWOL. DS took his computer to a friend's house, so I was without. I'm going to take our broken desk top to see if it can be fixed. I have read the posts, and I must say I am with several of you. The remodeling is SLOW and frustrating. No one moves as fast as I want them to. I am not using food to help with that, but I am seeing a gain!!! I am very frustrated about that, and the worst part is that my DH told me, very kindly during a conversation about my gaining, that he could tell that I had gained a little. Oh no I am going to a ww meeting today to pick up the new material, and plan to count points for a few weeks.

Vickie-I am so sad for you. I know how much you looked forward to having Sara at your house. There are so many dog rescue organizations out there that have dogs to offer. Have you thought about looking into something like that? I'll say a prayer for your broken heart and will be thinking good thoughts for you.:

Rhonda-Taking a day off when your muscles are sore is a good idea. Sometimes ibuprofen help reduce swelling in the muscles and speeds the healing process along.

Paula-your day at the beach sounds lovely. My sis and I talk eachother out of chores very often, too!

Donna-hang in there, I'm with ya.

Sandra-glad your reunion was fun. We have had very hot weather, too, but this morning is cool and very low humidity! I'm going to sit on the porch a while before I tackle painting the bathroom.

Coco-The remodeling is very slow. I was hoping to have my bath and bedroom back in order by the end of the week, but I doubt that will happen. Oh well, it will be so nice when we are done.

Maryann-Hope your hip feels better. Rest and don't overdo it. Good job leaving off the

GTG to chiropractor today then off to a ww meeting for materials. When I get back I will work with DS on the bathroom, so I'll see ya later!
  • Thanks Chicks for all the love and support. I should be able to be here more now that I don't have Sara to watch. I managed to stop at the one bad meal yesterday with the exception of a bag of 100 calorie wheat thins right before bed. I have all these emotions that need to be fed. Not a good thing. All in all, I handled it better than I have ever done in the past. Something like this could have knocked me off program completely and set me on a path to gaining all of my weight back.

This morning I am going to JC and will talk with my Counselor about all of this. If she has any great advice, I'll be sure to share. I expect a gain after my small loss last week that I didn't even get to post.

BBL. Drink your water!
  • Good Morning Ladies

Guess what is doing out side??????? and its going to continue until the 4th. I guess the fireworks is going to be a DUD this year. We usually don't go down to our towns display as it too crowed and there not parking spots.

Got on the scale this morning and I up again,even with out the popcorn .Went over the last 2 months of my food journal and it looks like the culprit is to little calories. YES I say too little. I have been an 1000 to 1200 after deleting the fitness burned calories from my total.Reminds me of my ww days when the leader put me down to 20-22 pts and I gained. So I either have to up my calories or lower my days exercising.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new week pages.We're going to have something simple for our BBQ ,hamburgers & Hot Dogs with corn on the cob and salads. We're going to watch the golf tournament that day and than watch the Boston Promenade & Fireworks that follow in the evening.

SLOANE-As you can see in the post above the staying away from the popcorn didn't work. Oh gee!!! I know about the frustration of workers.,being on the Cape its so hard to get any contractor to come and get the job done. We're still waiting for a man to come fix our septic tank system after 2 weeks of him coming for an estimate .

DEAR VICKIE-You been though so much,and the body does go back to comfort foods when the emotions are running high. Glad to here your be going to the JC this morning and get some idea of what to do for future episodes.

Quote:
    Maryann -- we got home just in time. On the news they showed Mansfield and people at the Jimmy Buffet Concert at the Comcast Center. We are about 5 miles from there. Got home, got all the stuff out of the car and the sky opened up for a good hour and a half! We must have gotten about 3 inches of rain in that short time. Did you get any of the storms? I don't think I saw any on the news.
    PAULA-We're you lucky to be home before the rains & thunder storms came.WOW that's a lot of rain in that short time. We on the Cape didn't get the stuff you got just a showers ,but than at night the rain came back to us,Leo had to close the skylite in the bedroom.

Quote:
    BEACHBUM Hope your hip feels better. For the laptop. Will have to get back with my neighobor about it. I dont think all the settings are set right. I couldnt even send a regular e-mail. And I dont have spell check. So dont know when I will get it there. But one of these days.
    COCO-Oh my hip feels a lot better now that I stopped the spinning on the bike. rested and now its back to normal. I going to do the spinning 3 x's week instead of every day thing. We have Firefox as our browser and they put red lines for miss spelling and than they give you the correct spelling when you right click. Hope you neighbor fixed the laptop by the time you read this post.
  • Hi there. This will be quick cuz I am with the granddaughters having a big time while their mom is at the dentist.
  • Finished with the chiropractor and did some errands with DH. Working in the bathroom has all but ceased while we wait for drywall mud to dry. I also went to ww and signed in, picked up my materials and left. The good news is that I am one pound lighter than this time last summer, but I still am up 5 pounds from my lowest this year and am 10 pounds from my goal. I hope I can count points for a while and get those last ten pounds off. My dd has also joined ww. We will be going for a visit on the fourth, so we will count points together. I am planning some yummy dishes and will probably use a lot of my wpa's on that day.

Sandra-have fun with your girls!

Maryann-sorry about your weather. Do you know the song "Just let a smile be your umbrella"? You'd better make that your anthem.
  • Hi All:

Sloan, you have my sympathies. At least one room or another in my house has been a mess this year, and at times, many rooms were in chaos at the same time. All of this in the process of getting ready to sell. I can almost see the end. But, the process has been misery. I keep saying to myself that I am lucky to own a home, that I have no real money worries, etc, etc....but, it's a tough slog to live in a house and redo it at the same time. It's not really "living."

Once again, I ate too much at a party. But, this IS the last one of the year. Thank goodness. I won't be surprised if I have a gain tomorrow, my WI day.

Tomorrow morning I'll be walking on the beach front with my friend, as long as it is not raining, which it has been lately.

Have a good night everyone...

Rhonda
  • We have gotten some work done today, but not enough to suit me. DH is feeling kinda blah, so he rested most of the day. DS and I are about to paint some trim in the bathroom. At least that's something.

Rhonda-I wish I was walking on the beach front. My house looks like it has been vandalized! I do need to stop whining though, and focus on how nice my home is. I could be living in a box somewhere!

I hope the rest of you chicks are having a wonderful night.
  • Good Morning Ladies

The sun is shinning, & we're going for a walk and than to walmart for some of the trail sizes for our cruise in two weeks.

SANDRA-Have a great time with your grandchildren and Oh your poor daughter having to go to the dentist.

SLOANE-Big Congrats your going downward on the scale I'm just doing the opposite my scale is climbing.Hope it just water retention,and that's all,as I've been trying so hard to get the scale to move the other way.

RHONDA-Sending your [[[[good vibes]]]]] for you're W-I . Hope they party didn't do to much damaged.
  • Good Morning:

Oh well, I gained a pound. So, this week, I'm going to aim for a two pound loss. I'm just glad it wasn't more: I really enjoyed all those parties!

GF and I went for our walk on the lakeside. It is raining lightly now, but we were dry during our walk. Tomorrow, we'll go spinning. It is really nice to have a "exercise buddy" who is also a good friend.

Sloanie, just hang in. I know exactly how you feel. I get very exasperated when things don't move at a pace I want. It's a real life lesson to just breathe deeply and realize that it will get done, just not as you wish

I hope you all have a great day.

Rhonda
  • Good Morning Chicks! I'm just here trying to get myself back in the right frame of mind and continue on with my life without Cassie or Sara.

I gained .2 yesterday. My total 2 week loss was .4. I'm still a bit shy of 30 pounds. I need to get motivated again. I've got two bad meals coming up this week; one of which is the 4th of July holiday. I'll try to be as good as I can on the holiday but I'm not going to be good on Wednesday. I'll just hope that portion control will help me on that day.

Rhonda and Sloane, I'm a control kind of girl too. We all want the pace to be quicker but sometimes life gets a little bit in the way.

We just all have to "control" things by letting our slips be a meal at a time instead of a day or a week. That's my thought for the day.

I'm starting a new rule for me. 4 glasses of water before lunch or NO LUNCH! Otherwise, I'm still trying to choke down my water after dinner.
  • Mornin' y'all-My day started at 5:00 when dh left for work. Pippi wanted to go potty, so I went out with her then got started with sorting and discarding junk from the kitchen. I was working along when I got a call that some of my appliances were being delivered. It's not time!!! Oh well, now I have two refrigerators and two dishwashers in my kitchen. Can it get more crowded?
    After lamenting about only getting 19 points per day on momentum, I only ate 16 points yesterday. I know I must eat the correct number of points, but the day got away with me, and I just went to bed.

Rhonda-thanks for your words of encouragement. Also, don't worry about the gain. You know how to take care of it!

Maryann-I'm so glad you can see the sun! I did not know you were going on a cruise; where are you going?

to the rest of you chickies.

Have a good day!
  • Oh yes, I know how to take care of it: get rid of 3500 calories a week for a pound loss. For two pounds, well, just multiply by two and get 7000 calories gone!!! That's a lot of spinning, walking and calorie counting!!!
  • RHONDA-One pound wasn't bad ,you'll lose that with your spinning.

VICKIE-You're so close to that 30 mark you'll make in a few days.

SLOANE-You we're here when I announce it a few months back.Were planning to cruise in 2010 but,after Leo getting the cancer back the second time again last year, we decided not to wait but to go ahead now,as we don't know what tomorrow will bring. We're going to Prince Edward Island and all the other surrounding islands.Than to Montreal where will take plane back to Boston.