Old 06-25-2009, 08:30 PM   #31  

Hi Everyone
Cant stay on here long.
Sorry I didnt get back on last night. But took laptop to neighbors and was there 5 hours getting things on it. It was almost midnight before we got home.
Then today. I have been cleaning veggies. Finished the laundry. And now getting things ready to go camping tomorrow.
Taking the laptop. So will see if it works. Hope so. So if I am not on here over the weekend. You know that it didnt work.
Hubby has a eye appt in the morning. Then after he gets done with that. We will come home and get the girls and take off. Son will be home.
Well I better get off here.
Got to go and get clothes packed up. And a few other odds and ends.
Hope everyone had a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:35 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I am visualizing you relaxing by the pool with a fruit smoothie. Ahhhhh......the life.

Coco, have fun camping. I hope your new laptop gets reception up there. Do you have a card in it or will you be using WIFI?

I'm taking my puter to my son in the AM as we leave for New Braunfels. I hope he can get it fixed so I can get back onto Facebook.

Night night.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:40 AM   #33  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

According to yahoo & the weather channel,Its back to rain and thunderstorms this weekend and all next week. UGHH!!!How will my tomatoes & basil going to grow with out the sun shinning on them?????

I guess I will be spinning on the bike again,as walking along the beach is out.

SANDRA-Have a great time at your family reunion this weekend.The rain is back,but my scale: is moving down again, this morning another pound lost,but we'll see at Monday W-I for sure.Like you say Life is good!!!

RHONDA-Enjoy your gold watch,I'm sure you all deserved it, with all the hard work it took all these years.

SLOANE-My wish of good weather didn't last long.But I must say lowering my calories is working and the scale: for that couple of days we good to me.

COCO-If you see this post hoping you have a wonderful camping weekend,hope the weather hold up.

Last edited by beach bum; 06-26-2009 at 09:44 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Maryann, that is an appropriate "smiley" for me. I do wear reading glasses, and I've always got my nose in some book, report, binder, folder, spreadsheet, or something. I'll be glad when I'm just reading novels!!

DH and I went out for lunch and are home now. I am actually going to go take a nap.

BBL,
Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:42 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi chicks! the pool deck is finished and the pool is full. I bought some little wind chimes to hand in the tree over the deck, and they are so cute! I guess since no one can see us from the road, it does not matter how we decorate our yard. Some people would say we are tacky, but I don't care. I have a pool!!!!

Sandra-I did enjoy a ww version of a margarita this afternoon after swimming. It is so good and only 3 or 4 points, so I'm told. I'll post the recipe on the recipe board. You will need to check out the points for the tequila. I don't there is enough of anything else with calories to count.

Rhonda-Hope you enjoyed your nap. I took one yesterday, and it was lovely

Maryann-Sorry again about the rain! Spin away!!

to the rest of you chickies!

I'm about to be home alone, so I'm going to enjoy the peace and quiet. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:13 PM   #36  

Well dont know what is going on. Cant seem to get through. Posted a post. And lost it. But just wanted to say "HI" Trying out the new laptop. Some setting must not be right or something. Or the service I am on. Isnt right.
So will try later.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
Old 06-27-2009, 07:58 AM   #37  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Had a busy week with dd, it was fun. Back to work for me on Monday and she starts camp. We never made it to the beach this week, the weather just wasn't that great. Its sunny this morning so far which is nice. I'll have dd take her bike while I go for a long walk. There is a route that I do that is about 3 miles -- yesterday I added a new challenge. I decided to try to run 2-3 telephone poles to see how I would do. I did pretty good! I ended up probably running a mile of my walk. I've always hated running -- it seemed a bit fun! Go figure. I figure if dd and I go out today, she can ride her bike and I can walk/jog.

I hope everyone is doing well. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:06 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' chicks-another busy day here in remodeling Hades. I have gazillion errands to run, and if I don't get to the grocery, my guys are gonna kill me. I have not gotten on the scales lately, and I guess that's smart. I may just weigh on Mondays. I don't know if you remember, but I don't attend meetings 'cause you chicks are my meeting group. I will post my weight on Monday and hopefully change my ticker, too!

Paula-your walk/jog with dd sounds like a plan!!!

Hope y'all have a wonderful Saturday! TTFN

Last edited by sloanie; 06-27-2009 at 08:08 AM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:58 AM   #39  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Sun is shinning again, so maybe we'll be able to get some walking done if the rain didn't leave to many puddles the walkways.

Just looking over my food & w-i journals and notice that I was 6 lbs lighter last Thanksgiving. than I'm now. That the time I was using the core food and recipes. I think I going back to look over the recipes that I used to cook. I think I was eating more filling foods that kept the snacking a bay.

RHONDA-That's funny, I had no idea when posting that smiley. I just thought it was appropriate you working for a university and such.

SLOANE-Didn't spin like I did during the week,as I didn't sleep well the night before. If I don't walk I will be on the bike again.

You don't need the meeting I used to go and get very frustrated with my leader,she was sweet but she always wanted to go down to 20 pts which wasn't made for me,Switched to core]. Met a woman from my old meeting and she still goes and I haven't seen any improvement in her weight. Told her that I was counting calories,but her remark was "That's to hard for me I like points better."[to me points & calories are the same].

COCO-Sorry you lost your post,its very rarely that I loss one on this board ,comparing to the others one I post to. If you can't get back HI will miss you,but have a nice weekend.

PAULA-Don't think its going to rain today,but you never know the weather here is so changeable. I used to love to power walk with a little jogging in it, but my hip started to go,so I'm afraid to do that anymore. But I like your idea about from telephone pole to telephone pole,maybe I could try that and see what happens. That not too far.

To all the others have a great weekend

Last edited by beach bum; 06-27-2009 at 09:00 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #40  

Good morning everyone:

I've been eating way too much this week, so the weekend is going to have to be much more restrained. I've started with strawberries, All Bran, and lf milk. So, while I'm still full, I need to go grocery shopping.

I'm taking today off from any exercise. I could hardly move yesterday when I went for a walk!

Paula, I used to run and think it is fun when it is done on something softer than the sidewalk! But, I can't do it anymore because of a disk problem in my neck.

The raccoons seem to have found other sources of food; maybe the garbage strike has provided them with more variety in their buffet.

BBL,
Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 06-27-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #41  

Morning Everyone
Will try and post again.
Seem to be having a little trouble. Tried to e-mail a friend. Wont let me send for some reason. So when we get home. I will have to get ahold of my neighbor and make sure all the settings are right.
It is sunny right now. And getting warm.
Hubby us making some kilin for a fire tonight. If we dont get rain. But right now dont look like it. Did have a few sprinkles last night. But not enough.
Well am going to get off here. Dont want to post alot then lose it like last night.
I hope everyone has a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
Old 06-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #42  

Reporting in that I've done well with the points and staying Core today...I had 22.5 points...I hope you're all doing well.

Rhonda
Old 06-27-2009, 08:09 PM   #43  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. I FINALLY got my beach day in today! It was sunny and warm at home so I talked my sister into skipping chores around her house for the beach. It was weird at the beach - sunny and warm but all around on the water was fog. Very strange. We got there about 10:15 and stayed until 2:00. When we got home (45 minute ride) the sky was black. We had bad thunder storms for almost 2 hours with hail.

Maryann - we didn't go toward the cape. Went to Horseneck Beach in Westport - close to Fall River. Its a state park with really huge waves. DD was body surfing in the COLD water. Ah, to be 6. Did you get to the beach? DH was in Brewster today and he said it was sunny and warm all day. Hope you got out today.

Coco, sorry you're having computer problems. Hope you get it figured out.

Rhonda, glad the racoons moved on! Sorry the garbage strike may be the reason :O

Vickie -- Where are you?? How is the new addition to your family?

Hi Sandra, Sloan and Donna.

Have a good night
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:11 AM   #44  
Southside White Sox Fan

With heavy heart and lots of tears, we are taking Sara back to her home. She has been getting more and more depressed with every day that passes. She will not play or interact with us. My worst fear materialized. She has lived all 5 years of her life with other dogs and she is grieving for them. We are doing the best thing and returning her to her breeder who loves her very much and will let her live out her life in happiness with the other dogs. We're off to bring her home this morning. It has been just a horrible, horrible week.

Last edited by Vickie; 06-28-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:14 AM   #45  

Oh, Vickie, I'm so sorry to hear that. At least, at least, you tried. You and DH put your hearts out there and took a risk. That's very admirable.

Rhonda