Old 06-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks!

Another busy day! I made the final decisions on flooring and took all of the samples back this morning. We still need to paint the bedroom baseboard today, and it's already 4 in the afternoon. DD is in from East Tennessee which is always happy for us!!! We only get to see her about 4-6 times a year, so we love our visits. She will be in until Monday morning, so that will be nice.

My eating has gone south!! I am back on track again today, but how many days can I say that? I find that I am bored at night when it is quiet. DH goes to bed early 'cause he works early. I plan to make some popcorn to snack on, but I want to buy some kind of hot air popper or microwave popper. Do y'all have any preferences? I had an Orville Redenbacher microwave popper in my hand at the store then realized that you had to buy little inserts for it that were disposabe, so I put it back. I'd like to hear some suggestions. I think if I can plan better snacks, I will do better.

Paula-so sorry to hear about your Mom. Is she with you? How is she sleeping at night? Does she have to sleep in a recliner? I know things are stressful for you right now. Hang in there.

Rhonda-wine sounds good to me! How are your critters? I hope the bloodmeal is helping.

Sandra-sounds like the lunch plan is going well. How do you keep yourself from snacking at night? I really need to follow your lead!

Tech-sounds like you are busy. I'm glad you are back with us!

Hey to the rest of you chicks

I've got to go visit with dd, and she is going to cut my hair

BBL
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:11 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

The critters were rooting around looking for grubs this morning at 5:20AM when I got up to go spinning: that's how they are!!!!!! I had just put down fresh blood meal last night. They're gonna taste raccoon blood soon if they don't go somewhere else

Donna, do try spinning. Give it about a month and see how you like it, is my recommendation.

I have to go to a social event tonight, related to work. That will be the fourth event this week. They're fun, but this is too many. There's one for me and the colleagues who are retiring from my home department next Wednesday.

I was at home today, mostly working in the morning, and mostly sleeping in the afternoon My, that felt good.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 06-19-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #48  
focused and aiming

Paula, most days I do well, but don't follow my lead this week. I've been off schedule and haven't seemed to handle that well. When I do well, I try to focus on what a "treat" lunch is. Sort of an event. That helps. At night I sort of plan something exciting for the next day's lunch. That helps keep me focused.

Rhonda, your day sounds good. We have company coming over tonight. Would ya'll believe one of the contractors whose been here most of the week is bringing his wife over tonight to meet us and see the flowers. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #49  

Height: 5' 10"

Evening! Thanks for all the thoughts for my mom. She is doing OK. She saw the dr this morning and he was happy with how her eye looked. So, for 2 weeks she can't bend at all and no lifting for a month. She does need to wear a patch since there is gas behind her eye holding everything where it should be and she can't see through that. During the 2 weeks that should go away and she should be able to see OK.

DD had a great day being an "assistant" to me and a few others in the office. She was very well behaved. I thought for sure she would get borded.

Other than that it feels like its been a really long, long day. Hi to you all. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:52 PM   #50  

Hi:

I'm just home from a lovely event. One of the cofounders of the program I run was given an honorary doctorate at the university this week and tonight she gave a party for her friends and colleagues. She is originally from Antigua, and is a central figure in the Caribbean community in Toronto. So, I spent the evening having Caribbean food , listening to Island music and meeting people I've never met before. Never mind that the venue was crowded, hot and uncomfortable: it was a lovely evening.

Now, no more food for me all weekend!!!!

Rhonda
Old 06-20-2009, 08:09 AM   #51  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! NO time for me to stay and chat. I'm busy getting ready to leave in the morning to pick up Sara. I've been shopping, cooking, packing, etc. This has been fun but tiring. I probably won't be able to be back to chat until Tuesday.

Be safe and drink your water!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:59 AM   #52  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Looks like it going to rain again ,so before it comes & I decided to get down to the beach early and get our walking done before the wet stuff hits.

COCO-Be safe with all those storms.We're disappointed again that the US Open is going to postponed again due to a storm coming into the NY area.

DONNA-I know how frustrating it can be when you trying so hard to get the weight off,and than some in life comes up and you lose track.We're all been there and we will support you all we can.Just keep on posting when you can,and I'm sure you'll see the numbers going down again.

Thanks that the only photo I have of me at quit descent of me.Haven't take photo shots in ages.

SANDRA-I think once the hot weather comes we will be eating 3 light meals again,but until than we're still on comfort foods.
Quote:
Maryann, Donna, Sloan, Coco, please send us some rain
Ok whats you address I'm glad to share it with you.

SLOAN-Enjoy your weekend with your DD I used to see my every other month,but now that Leo had the Big C we don't go down that much any more maybe 2x's a year. She was coming up,to see us instead,but now she has a blood clot in her leg its impossible for her to make the trip by car or plane.

You post almost sounds like mine, Leo go to bed early and I just keep my hands busy I making a throw for the back of the cough and than in the winter I can use that as a cover when it cold.

RHONDA-I feel your frustration with the critters.Its there an wild live origination that could pick them up an transport them to another location??? If not get the exterminator in. What ever be careful that they don't get into your house they can create a big havoc.

Glad you had a good time in the evening. I love Caribbean food,[ but than again what food don't Love?? that what get me here in the first place]listening to Island music. We have lots of dvds that we play contently. In fact I was once on an album jacket from Count Bernadeno's Band.Many years ago.

PAULA-Glad that your mom is doing fine. Oh what a scare,TG Leo didn't have to go though that.

VICKIE-HI have a safe trip,and enjoy yourself,see you Tuesday.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' chicks-just checkin' in to say Hi. DD and I are going upholstery fabric shopping with my sis and niece with a stop for lunch today.

Rhonda-your evening sounds delightful! No food for the rest of the weekend sounds a little harsh. Maybe you should try a few light snacks.

Maryann-I'm glad you got your walk in this morning. I'm jealous that you are able to go down to the beach and walk. I'm on a hill surrounded by thick woods.

Paula-glad your mom is progressing. Hang in there!

Sandra-hope your evening with your company went well. Befriending a contractor is always a good idea

Vickie-Can't wait to hear all about the arrival of Sara

Mornin' Donna

GTG try to dig out from under some of this clutter.
BBL
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #54  
focused and aiming

We had a wonderful evening last night. We were surprised how much we have in common. They are even into archery. Life is good.

Rhonda, your evening sounds like it was fun, too. Now are you inging "Happy Birthday" today? Give Doyle a hug for me.

I'm back op. Sounds like all of you are, too. Ain't it grand!

Vickie, I'm excited for you and Jim.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:27 PM   #55  

Hi:

OK, I'll have a few light snacks, but no food!

Maryann, in Toronto, raccoons rule. If they were in my house, I could get someone to remove them. Otherwise, if you've got them, you've got them. There are probably more raccoons than people here! And, my goodness, an album cover. You should scan it and send it to us!

We're getting lots of rain also. I read the cause is the lack of low pressure fronts from the southern U.S. So, Sandra you need to do something down there about that.

OK, so DH didn't want a cake or pie. I bought him a lemon tart; he'll like that. I was going to get him an atlas, but I might get movie passes instead. I am definitely making him chicken-fried steak for dinner though. I'll pass, or call it a "snack."

I'm excited to see pics of Sara! Stay dry everyone.

Rhonda
Old 06-20-2009, 02:29 PM   #56  

OK, Sandra, DH has been hugged for you~!
Old 06-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #57  

Height: 5' 10"

Some good news -- lost 3.5 pds this week. I think I'm having issues with salt/water retention. I'm going to continue to keep the carbs low and not add any salt. Its sunny now, I'm off to enjoy it while it last!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #58  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, wish I could help. We're dry down here but this is Texas. I just came in from watering. I'm glad DH got his hug. (I'll bet he got bunches.) Movie tickets sound perfect. So does chicken fried steak.

Paula, congrtulations on losing 3.5 lbs.

I'm back on track today. Life is good.

Vickie, I'm looking forward to seeing Sara, too.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #59  

Congrats Paula...that's great.

Well, I finally bought DH a movie review book, about 6 inches thick...he loves movies.

The chicken fried steak was so-so. I'm losing my touch. But the purchased lemon tart was delicious. I had only one bite.

I hope you all are having a good night.

Rhonda
Old 06-21-2009, 08:58 AM   #60  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Wishing all you DH out there aHAPPY FATHER"S DAY .I gave Leo US Army mug with heart milk chocolate candies.He can throw away the candy and use the mug for this tea in the morning.

SLOAN-I hope we will be able to get down there early in the morning before the tourist wake up and have their breakfast,as our beaches are packed where the parking lot that we use will be filled up. Too far for us to walk to the beach.

RHONDA-That's to bad hope they don';t do too much damage to your property especially if you want to sell and move away. Oh,Don't have a copy of it.We heard from one of the hotel staff that we were on it,but that album jacket was back in the 60's,when we were on our honeymoon.

PAULA-Big congrats on your 3.5 loss. I should go on low carbing myself but I just pick up a loaf of pumpernickel bread,that I threw in the freezer so maybe I just have 1/2 sand instead of a whole.

SANDRA-I'll know tomorrow when I face that dreaded scale.Thinking about intertwining my low carb with calorie counting,this week and see what happens at next week w-i.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote