Old 06-10-2009, 08:00 AM   #16  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm up early today so I can exercise and get ready to go with Jim to his Ortho doctor. His shoulder is hurting him badly again even after two surgeries. He just had his last surgery in January of 2008. It only gave him short benefit. I'm guessing there is an MRI in his future.

Have a great on program day.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #17  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Going to take it easy today as the weather is treading again.Going to ride my bike later on today. Up a little after having a wonderful afternoon with my friends playing canasta,didn't indulge there,just a a can of diet soda,but when I got home something that I ate started the triggering effect,and that began munching all night.Oh well today another day,just have to do some of Rhondas' spinning with my bike.

I'm happy that I found a new way of counting calories,via the Calorie King counting calories booklet that helps me know the real count other than the WW point system.

SANDRA-We saw an unusual bird coming out of the next she made in our eagle.Never saw that bird before. Its was small with a dull red head and tail and the rest of her body was brown. Don't think it was a robin.We must look on the computer to see what it was.Don't keep a bird bath as the mosquitoes are wicked up here.Got bite twice on the arm and thigh.

RHONDA-Congrats on your 1lb loss. that spinning class for 45mins. is working. I'm staying on the 30 mins segment,and if I attempt to exercise more I 'll split it up to anther part of the day.

COCO-Sorry about your gain,it could be the sodium you had,drink more more with lemon juice in it as the lemon is a dietetic and will flush out the sodium.

VICKIE-Sorry about Jim's shoulder,Leo has a shoulder hurts him when he sleeps on it too long and the doctor told him its just plain arthritis.

Have a great morning,will come back later on this afternnon
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #18  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I hope Jim stops hurting soon. I empathize with you two. Curtis has a lot of aches, too.

I got off plan last night and felt miserable and went to bed a little after 8. Today I'm back on target.

Maryann, we have mosquitoes, too, but martins are helping. Let us know when you find out what kind of bird you saw.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi:

whew...running like mad today, getting advice about offer to stay another 6 months.

I took my BP at the 30 minute point in spinning today. It was 162/101. That's too high, but not likely to kill me on the spot. So, I've got to take BP record into the MD and get advice.

I'm sorry to hear that various DH's are aching. My DH is doing OK and trying to cut back on calories. He did stop drinking diet drinks. Now, wants OJ all the time and I've told him that it's full of sugar...do we ever "win" these discussions?

I did OK last night at the fancy dinner, but I have to go to a wine tasting and farewell event tonight. So many temptations, so little time...

I'm off again

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:24 PM   #20  
focused and aiming

Maryann, who is that in your avatar? Is that you? Thank you for posting the photo.

Rhonda, I'm glad you're going to the doctor. Let us know what you find out. Tell Doyle to drink more water. That's a loving suggestion from his cousin.

The guys are here working today. It's hard to stay inside and not "help." The sidewalk looks really good. Our place is starting to look more like a home. It's amazing what a little concrete will do.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #21  
beachbum

Yes Sandra that's me, last year in our back yard. I thought it was time that you guys knew who you were posting to.

See I have lots of weight to lose,hope this part of the year I will succeed.

Last edited by beach bum; 06-10-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #22  
Southside White Sox Fan

Mary Ann, you're cute!

Rhonda......RETIRE! Not that I'm a doctor or anything, but your BP is way too high my friend. But, you know that already. I hope you go to the Doctor soon.

Sandra, I'm glad you're back on program. No biggie. Start over.

Coco, you know what you strayed with. Just put it behind you.

I'm doing well, although the scale is not cooperating. Just gotta keep on keepin on!

I guess Kathy is gone again?

Paula, how's things going?

No Angela or Frouf? I should look up their email addresses.

Jim got a cortisone shot in his shoulder. He's to take it easy for a couple of days and ice. The Ortho says that the collar bone tip did not grow back and he doesn't see arthritis. He did see an abnormal but not torn rotator cuff. We are to see if the shot helps. If not, he goes back for an MRI.

Last edited by Vickie; 06-10-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:13 PM   #23  
focused and aiming

Maryann, it is great to get a peek at you. You're a lovely lady--but we already knew that.

Rhonda, I agree with Vickie.

Vickie, thank you for the encouragement. I'm back on plan today. Last night I felt actually ill. My system is used to being on plan. I hope the shot helps Jim and he doesn't have to go for another MRI.

Curtis is going fishing tomorrow with a friend. I'm trying to think what I want to do. I'd like to have a fun day myself, but I'm having trouble coming up with any ideas.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:52 AM   #24  

Height: 5' 10"

Real quick post and I've got to run -- Maryann, its a female cardinal!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #25  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Looks like we have another nasty day for walking I will proceed to ride my bike with some spinning like I did yesterday afternoon. I had the opportunity to get my weights & rod out to work on my standing up back exercises and upper body workouts while watching TV.

Have lots of errands to get done this morning before watch the golf tournament this afternoon,so I going to make this brief.

SANDRA-Thanks for the kind words.I think we are going to be run with mosquitoes this year as we're getting rain and damp weather which they love to breed .We had the mosquito & pest truck in this week to spray the sump so hopefully that will help.

Take a nice bubble bath and relax,or read a good book or do some knitting or crocheting that's what I do to pass the time.

RHONDA-That's a good idea about taking your BP before & after the spinning. that is high hope that doctor can advice you,on what it should be. I think I will do the same thing.

VICKIE-Thanks,for your kind words also. Like to look a little skinner than that photo,but it didn't happen. I'm sure the cortisone will help relieve the pain from your dh shoulder. I know when I had the shot for my rotary cuff tendinitis the shot worked for me.

PAULA-Thanks for solving the mystery,we do that cardinals in this area,so we might have a couple of chicks hatching soon.

Have to go will be back later.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:24 AM   #26  

Hi All:

Maryann, I love the picture. You look very friendly, as we know you are!

I've just learned that deli turkey has about 11 times the amount of sodium that plain turkey breast has! I usually buy bake turkey breast sliced, but I think I'm going right to the real turkey breast and not the one sold at the deli counter.

Thanks for all the encouragement to retire. It's all up in the air. The opportunity to make significantly more money, probably for the last time in my life is appealing. But, we'll see. I won't be self-sacrificial in this deal. And, I've taken my BP readings to my MD.

I'm at home this morning, heading into work soon. I've got the sprinkler on the new sod. The racoons are having a great time tearing it up every night, looking for grubs. Last night they got into the compost bin just for an added touch!

The wine tasting was really that, a tasting. So, I didn't have too many temptations last night, except for the hors d'eouvres (spelling??) which were delicious-- and I enjoyed every morsel.

Today and tomorrow are simply more work, with our graduation tomorrow night. That is always a celebratory event!

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 06-11-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #27  

Height: 5' 10"

Lunch time and I have a few minutes to breath and catch up! So much going on.

Maryann, I believe Cardinals mate for life. If the female is around, you should see the males - nice and bright red. We have a few nesting in our yard. I love seeing them. Nice to 'see' you as well!

Rhonda, tough decision. If the money is that good, what's 6 months....maybe the housing market will improve by then as well. Good luck figuring that one out. On your BP -- ok, very non medical person here. I know your pulse goes up with exercise, your BP shouldn't??? I had an issue where my BP was up -- my thyroid level was off, one of the fun filled side affects being hypo-thyroid! Let us know what the Drs says. For turkey breast -- do you have a pressure cooker? I did a bone in turkey breast in the pressure cooker. It was the best I've ever made. Super moist! Didn't look pretty, but I took all the skin off and sliced it up.

Vickie - congats on getting back on plan!
Sandra - any tournaments coming up?
Coco - don't let the gain get you down. I've been like a yo-yo for the past few months. Just get back to plan, it will come back off.

Seems home improvements are happening to a few of us! We (I mean DH) is finishing up our bedroom -- he has sanded the floors and has 2 coats of finish on them, one more to go then he can do all the trim. Then its done and we can move back in. I'm going this weekend to find a carpet, if I order it now, I won't be waiting when the room is done. In addition to that, we tore down our old metal shed (Sears special from 1974). Now its gone and DH will be building a new one.

Well, go to get moving. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #28  

Paula, I have a pressure cooker, wanted one, bought it, and haven't used it!!!

I'll have to change that!

The MD asked me to take BP right after exercising to see what's happening. It is going up if I'm rushing around. She is a good doctor so I'm sure she'll do the right testing, and I'll mention thyroid. I did have a thyroid infection years ago and normally get it monitored every year.

Rhonda
Old 06-11-2009, 08:56 PM   #29  

Hi everyone
Just getting on here for a few.
Hope everyone is doing ok.
Got some new glasses. I took the other ones back. And order new ones from somewhere else. I cant believe the difference. I can see pretty good out of these. Still need to get use to them. But at least they dont make me sick. And I dont have to sit with my head back when on the computer.
Wont be on here for a couple of days. Going camping.
Be back on Sunday.
I am thinking of each of you.
Have a great weekend.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:00 AM   #30  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Raining again,and this time its poring.We had a appointment with the bank to go over our portfolio,but we canceled why go out in the pouring rain.

Very disappointed in this weather as I wanted to go out & buy some tomato plants and put them in our whiskey barrels,but the tomatoes need sun and hot weather to start to grow.By the time July rolls around it too late as the plants will only grow green tomatoes at harvest time. That's the difference between living up on he Cape and living on Long Island NY. My DD are started to turn red. BAHHH I wanted home grown tomatoes,for my summer salads.

RHONDA-Thanks for the nice compliment.Oh Gee Rhonda I never thought that the deli turkey had so much sodium in it. I buy that every week, no wonder the scale is starting to crawl or stall. That's probably the preservative to keep the turkey from spoiling Thanks for the tip.

PAULA-Leo doesn't think that's it a female cardinal,as he says that he hasn't seen my bright red colored birds around. Now whomever inhabited the nest is gone,& I guess we'll never know for sure.Thanks, I now have a heaver face.,the weight somehow moves upward & not on my hips or thighs.It was just the opposite years ago.Thanks for the idea you gave to Rhonda,we just recently bought a pressure cooker and I think we're going to give it a try. Who cares what it looks like you can still use it for sandwiches or salads,and than avoid the sodium.

COCO-Glad you got a new pair of glasses that work for you.Can't believe how two different places had two ideas,of what was best for you. Now at least you can see the computer again.Have fun camping,can't wait until we're go on our vacation July11th is the day.

Have a great morning,not going out today as I don't want to swim around town.