Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: June 1-June 7

New Pages!

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

I'm home, thank goodness. Travelling is such a privilege, and so tiring

I've been OP all day, getting back on track. Actually, I wasn't too bad while we were away, but we know how it goes. I didn't get even half of the exercise I thought I would. Tonight I walked the entire length of the United Airlines terminal in Chicago. I should have done it twice, but at least I did it. It took about 20 minutes.

Now, I'm headed for bed. See in the AM.

Rhonda
Old 06-01-2009, 08:18 AM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

W-I this morning and I lost 1lb. I was shocked ,but than again I able to exercise again. Had a great day seeing my friends again and than chewing on the fat later at our Sunday Brunch.

RHONDA-Thanks for the start up. I can't believe it June 1st already,and my birthday will be soon around the corner and I haven't made a dent in this weight goal that's when I promised myself that I be by now. Oh well I guess I'll aim for the end of the year.

Sandra-Had a wonderful day with my friends.

COCO-Good luck with your dh knee surgery,sending good vibes that everything goes fine. No I didn't sit with the choir I was in the back of the church so I could put my food up on the bench,met than afterward.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:24 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

I lost 1 pound......me and Mary Ann.....woo hoo!

Rhonda, you were in Chicago! What a bummer you couldn't have stayed longer. We are a great city. Isn't O'Hare HUGE?

BBL, I've a million errands to run.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #5  

Hi again,

Yes, VIckie, I was in your town for 1 1/2 hours and O'Hare is way too big! I remember once in the 70's having to run across it. Thank goodness I was younger then. Now, I'd just refuse and miss the plane.

I can claim that I had a successful trip. I didn't gain even one ounce. My weight is exactly the same! Tomorrow is WI so let's hope it holds!

Back to spinning tomorrow. That's gonna hurt!

BBL,
Rhonda
Old 06-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Take it easy Rhonda. Congratulations on holding your own. That's not easy eating in restaurants.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:13 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, Vickie, and Maryann, I am so happy for all of you. Your hard work is paying off.

I'm still op, too. This is the 1st day of week 2.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #8  

Went to spinning tonight...better to get back into it quickly. It was fine actually. Tomorrow might be a different story

I had a nice green salad with 1/2 chicken breast, 1/4 avocado and some kidney beans for dinner. It was very tasty.

Rhonda
Old 06-01-2009, 10:28 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

You rock, Rhonda. Way to go, girl!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:39 AM   #10  

Good Morning:

I'm not too sore, but I've noticed that about 24 hours after spinning I can really, really feel it. My friend goes almost everyday (but she confessed that she didn't go much while I was away!) but I can't take that...not yet.

I think one of the things that I like about spinning is the almost total expenditure of energy. As my friend said last night as we went into the spinning studio: Let's sweat!

I need to strengthen my quads, for both spinning and walking. I bet that losing strength in the quads is one reason older people sometimes have unsteady gaits...I actually don't know, but it sounds reasonable to me

Sandra, I'm happy to read that you're having good weeks.

I wonder where Kathy and Tech/Donna are these days?

I hope you all have a great day today....I'll BBL.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 06-02-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:05 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Tuesday. Well, i did track everything yesterday. Its so easy to get out of that habit. I'm working toward a loss this week - I'll take any loss. I've been holding steady for a few weeks now, but I've also been lax with the plan. Getting dd on the bus in a few minutes, then grocery shopping. later this morning dh and I are off to get a new ceiling fan for our bedroom. The electrical wiring should get done later this week, and we have narrowed the color down to 2. DH is going to get samples so I can see which I like better. Both are basically the same color, ones darker.

Vickie, Maryann -- congrats on your losses!
Rhonda -- congrats on staying the same while away. Thats just as hard as losing when home.
Sandra, good luck on plan this week. Are you tracking?

Well, got to get moving. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:08 AM   #12  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its a new week for me, and I started to exercise before breakfast. I went 20 mins on the bike,using Rhonda's spinning technique[closing my eyes and imagine riding to where ever i going and than back again] and I must say it works.

VICKIE-Congrats on your weight loss also.

RHONDA-Congrats for maintaining while away from home. Is the spinning bike really very different from the reg stationary bike???? I was never an avocado fan until just recently when I started trying them again and your right they are delicious.

SANDRA-Thanks,I feel better now that I exercising again. Glad to hear your still on program for the second week, I like your icons on your siggy.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #13  

Maryann: I don't know all the ways the bikes are different, but on the spinning bike you can adjust the tension with a knob very easily. You can go very quickly, up to 100 revolutions of the wheel per minute or more...although the teachers have all said not to go above that.

One exercise we did last night was to tighten the tension so that working at the level of 65 RPM's was difficult, then switching quickly to up to 100 RPM's. We did this about 6 times.

Also, you can stand up out of the saddle, like on a regular bike. We do quite a bit of that, although I do less than the others (who are about 1/2 my age usually!) .

I just had the same kind of salad for lunch that I had for dinner last night. I got up early and had breakfast at 6 AM; I'm really hungry

Rhonda
Old 06-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #14  

Hi Everyone
Not much going on here.
Hubby is doing ok.
Yesterday. The knee DR said he had bursatisi in the knee. And if it wasnt better in a month or got worse. To call. And they would recheck him. And maybe drain the fluid off.
The kidney Dr went ok also. Did some blood work to check a couple of things. And then he had to go for a ultra sound this morning of the kidneys. So will just wait and see if we hear anything. Dr said if there was anything that we needed to know about or any concerns they would call. So I guess. No call good news.
So that has been my day yesterday and so far today.
Well I took my glasses back today. I just couldnt see out of them right. I had to get progressive lens in them. They said they take some time to get use too. Well I had them almost two months. And I still couldnt see out of them. So ordered my another pair from a different place. So will see what happens with these. Does anyone else have the progressive lens. Are there any ideas on how to get use to them. I had never had them before. I know wearing them. But mine made me sick whenever I would turn my head.
Well I better get off here.
Need to get a couple of things done. Want to hang a couple of shirts out when they get done washing.
So I will be back later.
coco
P.S. CONGRATS to VICKIE AND BEACHBUM for the loss. That is awesome. I stayed the same. But will take it.
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #15  

Well I thought I would check in before it storms. It is getting kinda stormy looking.
So hope it passes over.
Got my shirts hung out. And dried.
So now tomorrow will have to wash towels and the guys jeans. Then I think the laundry will be done. YEAH!!!!
Well I am going to get off here.
Hope everyone is ok. And had a wonderful day.
Thinking of each of you.
Night
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote