Old 05-29-2009, 07:50 PM   #46  

Hi there
Just thought I would see what was going on.
The guys got most of the chimney done today. They have to come back on Monday. And finish some little things.
Dont have any plans for the weekend. Maybe I can get a few things done around here.
Well I am going to get off here.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:38 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi from San Diego:

My laptop crashed, so I'm in the hotel business center dropping in to say hi to the chickies.

Vickie, the dog looks great and so does your room. I love the color.

We're having a good time here when I'm not in the conference meetings..the conference is good too...it's called NCORE, about race and ethnicity in higher education, primarily in the U.S.

We went to Coronado today and saw the Hotel Del Coronado...how fancy it is. I can just see myself staying there, I guarantee you.

No spinning bikes here, and only one recumbent! I've only been one once, but we have walked a lot. I'm watching the food intake and trying to stay moderate. But, restaurant food can't be trusted, I know that.

The weather is disappointingly cool, no warmer than Toronto was today. Overcast and grey also. I've learned that's a typical May here. If I come back it will be in some July some year!

We're due back to Toronto around midnight Sunday. I'll see you again on Monday. I hope you all have a great weekend.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:16 AM   #48  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Nothing new,just going out this morning to get my hair cut,before the Hot & Humid weather come in.

I lost one pound of the two that I gained yesterday it has to be some kind of hidden sodium in my meals yesterday. Going to continue to drink more water to flush it out.

VICKIE-Thanks for the well wishes for my DH & DD. I know it sounds like I changed plans but I really didn't,I just started to limiting my carbs like bread,pasta rice & cereal from my diet.I still have the starchy veggies like potatoes,corn and peas.Along with yogurt and fruit, reg veggies,protein & fats.Ditched the diets long ago every since I stopped WW,but I still counting calories,by using the WW point system.What I think the gain was some kind of sodium that I didn't account for. Thanks for your concern I really appreciate it.

COCO-I believe it was the sodium that brought the scale up as I keep a food journal and did see anything that would bring it up,especially now that I down again.Leo is fine,and he see so much better,as he can now read the small print where he needed reading glasses before. We're going to call our DD today and see whats up.

RHONDA-Glad to to see you posting again,sorry about your laptop crashing some time that happens. When my DD was in the hospital her lap top had problems also. Happy to hear your enjoying the country side. It a beautiful spot San Diego.

Have to go,but I be back to see what your gals are up to.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:24 AM   #49  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Today we celebrate my and Jim's birthday with the family. I've planned my whole day out in calories. I'm not baking for us but did order a cheesecake from our favorite restaurant to feed my family later. We'll also be going out to dinner. Prior to the cheesecake, I'm at my 1700 calorie daily limit. I'm going to try not to do more than have a few bites.

I hurt myself on the treadmill yesterday and don't know when I'll be able to exercise again. I must research some warm ups because I think that's how it's happening.

Have a great day and drink your water. It's warmer now....NO excuses!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #50  

Hi Everyone

VICKIE Hope you and hubby have a wonderful day. Sorry you hurt yourself. Hope you are better.

BEACHBUM The sun is shining today. In the 70's. I hope the humdity dont come back. I dont like that. Great job on the loss. Hope you have a great day.

TEJAS Sorry about your laptop crashing. Is it fixable. Glad you are having a good time at your conference. Sounds like you are doing well with staying on track. Have a safe trip home.

ONTARGET Hope you are having a good day.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH Hope the scales were good to you today.

Well I am going to get off here for now.
Will be back later.
coco
Old 05-30-2009, 08:11 PM   #51  
focused and aiming

dear, Vickie and Jim. :

I'm sorry you got hurt on the I hope you get better quickly.

Coco, I'm doing great. This is day 6 op and I'm doing swell. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #52  

Well not much going on here.
Went to Bob Evans and ate. Then to Wal Mart.
Then came home and washed a couple loads of clothes.
And just tried picking up some stuff. Where does all the junk mail come from. Had a pile of it to go through.

ONTARGET Glad you are doing ok. Glad you are op for 6 days. That is great. Here lately it has been a challenge for me. But if I make it through a day op. I am happy. Guess I am letting too many emotions get to me. But I know food isnt the answer. But I still turn to it. Not as bad as I use to be. But still need to work on it.

Well I guess I will get off here for now.
Hope everyone had a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
Old 05-31-2009, 07:10 AM   #53  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Well today is my first day back to church and seeing my choir friends again after being laid up for 2 months. Suppose to see the doctor next week for a follow up appointment,for a reading of my 2nd MRI.

VICKIE-I didn't know that your hubby shared the same birthday as you,sorry I was late in wishing the happy couple

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE TWO OF YOU,AND MANY MANY MORE

We don't have cakes for our birthday either anymore, cakes are too sweet for us now that we are older. We rather settle for a nice dinner instead.
Sorry about your hurting yourself on the treadmill,hope the pain is subsided by now.

COCO-We had a beautiful day yesterday and again today temps are a little lower than yours, but didn't have to go our with a jacket.Thanks I hope I lose the other pound by tomorrow. We get a lot of junk mail also,I think once you order from someone they sell your name to different companies.

Have a great Sunday and I be back later to see what your gals ore up to.

beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:45 PM   #54  

Hi Everyone
Not much going on here.
We went to church this morning. Then to eat. Then went to my sisters for a little bit. Came home got a small load of clothes in the washer. Waiting on that. The guys are taking naps. So thought I would get on here.

BEACHBUM Glad you were able to go to church. Did you get to sing in the choir. Hubby goes tomorrow for his knee. So see what they say.

VICKIE Hope you had a wonderful day yesterday.

ONTARGET AND BLESSEDWITHSARAH AND TEJAS Hope you are doing ok. And having a wonderful day.

Well I am going to get off here.
I hope to be back later. But who knows what the guys will want to do. Once they get up from their nap. May want to go visit someone.
Dont know if I will be on here tomorrow or not. Depends on how much stuff is going on. Dr's appt and weigh in. I hope to make it to weigh in.
So everyone have a great day.
coco
Old 05-31-2009, 07:03 PM   #55  
focused and aiming

Coco, keep us posted on dh. I wish him well.

Maryann, I'm glad you were able to go to church. I know you've been missing it.

I'm heading to change my signature. I am confident I'll do well the rest of the day. Life is good.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:16 PM   #56  
Southside White Sox Fan

I've had two cheat meals this week. I'm kinda nervous about weigh in tomorrow.

I'm glad you are all doing so well. LOTS of stuff to do tomorrow. I'm off to be veggie now. No exercise for me.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:18 PM   #57  
focused and aiming

Vickie, for a good wi tomorrow.