Old 05-20-2009, 08:03 PM   #31  

Hi Everyone
Just getting on here for a few.
See what is going on.

VICKIE I think you should take the new doggie. You know I said I didnt want anymore after our little one died. But the best thing that happened to me. Was som friends of ours got us a puppy. It was the best medicine for me. I still miss Gingie. But I am very happy with the one I got now. But you have to decide for yourself. They are so much company and comfort. Enjoy you day tomorrow. You deserve it.

ONTARGET Glad you had a good day. It is always nice to get together with friends and do something.

BEACHBUM That is wonderful news about hubby. And great job with the exercise.

Well not sure when I will get on here tomorrow. Sometime.
Hubby has to be at the hospital at 7:30 in the morning. Just having a cataract removed.
But know that I will be thinking of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #32  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Coco. I'll say some prayers and hold good thoughts for your Hubby's surgery tomorrow. One can never have enough prayers.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Maryann, that's fantastic about your husband. Great, just great. And, thanks for the information about the cruise..that's the line I've looked at.

Vickie, you would not be disloyal if you help a doggie in need, not at all. Think how lucky that little dog will be to be in a loving home with people who know how to take care of an animal.

Coco, I hope it goes OK with your husband's surgery tomorrow.

I did OK with food today. I had a very small piece of someone's birthday cake, but it wasn't much more than a chocolate smear on a plate! And, I avoided the cookies at a meeting I attended.

Have a good night everyone.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:00 AM   #34  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Rhonda. Way to go on the smear of cake!

I didn't exercise today but I will tomorrow.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:11 AM   #35  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! The day is sunny and beautiful. I don't want to exercise but, what's new about that? I'm trying to take a page from Rhonda's book because it DOES make a difference and I'm tired of weighing this much.

We have a million errands and things to do today. So if I'm going to exercise, I have to skeedaddle. I'll talk to you all later.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:19 AM   #36  

Since last Friday I've had a little pain over my left knee cap. I spent some time on-line looking at knee pain and have decided that I need to spend more time warming up....so, all you exercisers out there, don't skimp on the stretching and warming up.

Have a great day, all.

Rhonda
Old 05-21-2009, 09:40 AM   #37  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Went to bed early last night and woke up at 5:30AM so its going to be an other early night for me tonight.

Nothing much happening,going grocery shopping and than the rest of the day will be spend getting my winter clothes down stairs and the light clothing upstairs.

VICKIE-Oh we are,now we can go on our cruise with out that worry. I love Scotties,never had one as we're cat lovers. and I would take her,Of course no one will replace your Cassie but Scottie will bring her own love and that what you need now.

SANDRA-Glad you like your pedicure and that you swam along with eating right that's all that's expected,don't have to be perfect.

COCO-Thanks,now if I can get the foot of mine to heal,it would be a great summer.Prayers are on the way,for
your DH cataract removal, Leo has his second next Thursday.

RHONDA-Thanks, We always use this line as they cater to the older crowd. Big Bands instead of rock and roll music etc.Oh Thanks for the reminder that's what is expected to is warm up and stretching when exercising.I sometimes forget to do it but than my joints pay for later.

Have a great morning
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:18 PM   #38  

Just a quick stop in. Hubby's cataract removal went well.
But we had to sit forever. Had to be there at 7:30. Didnt call him back until 9:30. So we didnt get home until noon.
So am behind.
But will be back later.
coco
Old 05-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #39  

Hi Everyone
Just getting back on for a few.
Hubby is doing ok. The patch doesnt seem to fit on the eye very well. Goes back to the Dr's tomorrow. For a follow up. Guess they will take the patch off then.

BEACHBUM How long did your hubby have to put the drops in. Hubby has two different drops to put in. 4 times a day. The one I think is for a week. Not sure about the other. Guess they will tell me tomorrow. Hope you got your shopping done. And got the summer clothes out.

TEJAS Hope your knee is better.

ONTARGET how are you. Hope you had a great day.

VICKIE Hope you had a good day. I know what you mean about the exercise. I know I need to do it. But I just havent made myself. And I know if I did the weight would come off so much better. Maybe one of these days I will get motivated. Hope it is soon though. Hope you got all your errands ran.

Well ladies I think I am going to get off here for now. I have been up since 4:00am. And I am starting to feel it. Guess I should never have sat down.
Thinking of everyone.
Night
coco
Old 05-21-2009, 08:34 PM   #40  
Southside White Sox Fan

Great news, Coco. My Mom was so happy when she had hers done. She felt like she had the world back again. She had both done and lens implants.

I just got home from dinner and my Great Nephew's baseball game. It was nice.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:35 PM   #41  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Mary Ann. You all are so sweet and such good cyber friends.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:05 PM   #42  
focused and aiming

Coco, I'm glad your husband's surgery went well. Now get some rest.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:05 AM   #43  

Good Morning:

Good news, Coco. Like Sandra said, now rest!

I went to spinning this morning but just sat on the bike seat while working out, standing up in the pedals for mere seconds a few times during the workout. My knees didn't hurt. I found some exercises and stretches to do, so I've been doing them. I expect that they will help.

We went to a friend's for dinner last night. NOT core but I did try to be moderate. I made meringues and added light whipping cream and peaches I had frozen last year on top. It was very good. I'd never made meringues (you know, just like on a pie, but cooked in a slow oven until they're hard, then used like a crust). It was really, really easy.

Today and this weekend I plan to be very modest in the food intake. I've been sticking to 22 points and have been surprised that the weight is not coming off more quickly. But, it is supposed to take 4-6 weeks for your body to adapt to the exercise...maybe it's just in shock

I hope you all have a good day. I'll be in the office, dealing with paper work and virtual paper work.

Rhonda
Old 05-22-2009, 08:55 AM   #44  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies
I need some loving prayers again this time its for my DD that has 4 small children under 8 yeas old.

Shes going in for a heart chatheterization this morning as she had chest pains at the beginning of the week,and she only 39 years old.

We only found this out last night,as she didn't want us to worry.I don't know how much more I can take this year. Wish I was able to be with her,but I can't travel with this bad leg of mine.

We both think that its a lot of stress that shes under,as her DH had 6 small stores that sells small items for a studio or dorm apartment. But now is down to one.If he losses that,they are planning to move out of NY and go further south. If that happens Leo & I will only see her and the family once a year instead of the 5 x's a year we used to do.

Sorry for all this whining,but I so upset I can't even think .

Thanks for being there for me not only though weight control but for every day life..

==============================================

COCO-Leo had to take 2 kinds of drops 4 x at day for 3 day before they surgery now he has to take 1kind of drop twice a day once in the morning and once at night.

I didn't get my clothes down stairs going to try to get them down today.

VICKIEThanks,that's what we're here for to give & help our cyber friends though every day life problems.

RHONDA-Glad that your knee doesn't hurt anymore.I do think that you have to stretch the muscles after exercise,as all the exercising pros tell us. I'm sure you o e day uncore dinner won't undo the the whole week of OP and exercise.

Have agreat morning
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:17 AM   #45  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Mary Ann, I will absolutely pray for your daughter and your whole family. Technology is so great these days in the heart area. I just know they'll be able to help her. Take good care of yourself.

Rhonda, it will come. I'm losing all of a sudden pretty regularly. It's not huge amounts but it's coming off. Sometimes I think we don't stick with things long enough to let them work. Patience, my friend.

I've got a hair appointment and then pool opening stuff to buy. Can you all believe my pool will be opened on May 26th? Of course, I won't be able to swim in it until the end of June since we have no heater. Oh well!