3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Weekly Chat: May 4- May 10 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/170871-weekly-chat-may-4-may-10-a.html)

Tejas 05-04-2009 09:50 AM

Weekly Chat: May 4- May 10

NEW PAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!

:carrot:

Tejas 05-04-2009 09:56 AM

Good Morning everyone:

It's a beautiful Spring day here in Toronto, and I hope you have some good weather also.

Maryann, you posted on last week's thread. Maybe you can move it over to this week.

I hope you all have a great day: I've got the same ole, same ole....working!

Rhonda

beach bum 05-04-2009 01:29 PM

Good Morning Ladies

W-I this morning and I maintained. Not worried as I had a bad month trying to nurse my bad ankle.Its a great possibility that I'm swelling up with water in that region.

VICKIE-Happy that you checked in,and sad about your sick doggy.

PAULA-Thanks for the instructions on the dryer hose,it sound simple enough.

COCO-Surprising enough I found that my ankle is hurting like it did before.Maybe its healing & I'm sure the doctor should have the MRI results this morning,if he doesn't call I will call the office some time this afternoon.

SANDRA-Oh don't worry about us,we understand that sometime we just don't have the time to post individually.Just take some time out for yourself and have fun at the Senior Olympics, remember,the old WW saying , 3 bites and move on. OH MY TG your weren't there when it happened.

RHONDA -Congrats for not eating that much at dinner. You're really in control of your eating and exercising,you're heading in the right direction for a great W-I.

Have a great morning

Vickie 05-04-2009 01:53 PM

Good Afternoon Chicks! I had my weigh in today. I'm down 1.0 and thrilled since I spent the week on antibiotics and only exercised 3 times.

I'm leaving in a few minutes to take the dog back to the Vet. We think she has teeth issues. I'm just glad we were able to get her in right away.

I'm waiting for my ENT to call back and give me more or new drugs since the 7 days wasn't enough. I was in real pain last night. Oh well.

I'll get to catch up one of these days.

coco99 05-04-2009 01:53 PM

Hi
Just a quick stop in.
It is raining. Some flooding going on. They let the schools our early. But not all the schools.
So dont know if I will get to go to WW tonight or not.
With the flooding. I might be able to get out. But not back in. So will have to see closer time.

BEACHBUM have you heard anything from your DR about your MRI.

TEJAS Enjoy your day. We are having a lot of rain. We are in a flood warning until 4:30 pm right now. Had slacked in the rain. But I hear it hitting the window. So must be starting back up.

To everyone else I am thinking of you.
Hope everyone has a great day.
coco

beach bum 05-04-2009 04:29 PM

Thanks RHONDA for starting us up for a new week.I did manage to get the post over here after all.

VICKIE-Big congrats on your 1 lb loss.20 lbs all to ether that's fantastic.
Hope you get s stronger med for you pain,I feel the same way with my ankle I need stronger meds also.

COCO-Sorry about your flooding in your area. If you go Good Luck at the W-I. Called my doctor and the receptionist told me he out today as hes in the hospital doing some minor surgery's.She told me that he will decusss the MRI with my at my follow up 5/14. I told her to tell him that I need stronger meds for the severe pain that I get at night,she said he'll call you tomorrow.

blessedwithsarah 05-04-2009 04:52 PM

Maryann, any update from your MRI?

No time to post right now, I'll come back later!

Tejas 05-04-2009 11:27 PM

Oh boy, anything I might have lost from the exercising, I gained tonight. Some old friends were in town and we joined them at their son's house here in Toronto for a long meal, with lots of wine, and had an absolutely wonderful time.

So what if I have to spin and walk until the cows come home: I had a fantastic and convivial evening!

Rhonda

beach bum 05-05-2009 08:26 AM

Good Morning Ladies:)

Its raining again and the dampness it really killing my ankle. My weight in up a little also,can't wait until I can exercise again.

PAULA-Called the doctor's office yesterday and the receptionist told me that they had the MRI results but they won't give me the results over the phone. She told me that he [doc]will discuss it with my at my Follow-Up on 5/14.So now I have two more weeks before I find out. Meanwhile I told her to have the doctor call me,need some thing stronger for the pain,as Ibuprofen is not helping at all.

RHONDA-That's life, one step forward 2 steps back.We can't live in a glass bubble and not enjoy our family or friends,that won't be normal.Only advice is to drink lots of water to flush out the wine.

coco99 05-05-2009 09:55 AM

Morning Everyone
Well its not raining. Sun trying to shine. But suppose to get more rain sometime tomorrow.
Did have some flooding. Did go to WW. If we would have been out much longer. We probably would have had to go the long way around to get back home. But the water was just starting to get in the road.
On weigh in. I lost 3 lbs. So now to get the next 2 off. That will be the 5 lbs that I gained over the last couple of weeks.

BEACHBUM That is awful that they are making you wait two more weeks to see the Dr. I think I would tell I need to be seen sooner. Sure hope they can help the pain.

TEJAS Glad you had a good time with your friends. Its over. Today is a new day. And you will be back on track.

VICKIE CONGRATS on the loss. That is great. How's your doggy. Hope she is doing better.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH Hope you have a great day.

ONTARGET Hope you are doing ok.
Well I need to get off here.
Got some stuff I need to do outside. Before the next batch of rain comes. Guess it is suppose to come sometime tomorrow.
Will be back later.
coco

blessedwithsarah 05-05-2009 11:59 AM

Well, its raining. No, pouring right now. Miserable out. I did get my groceries done. Now, if the rain will let up just a bit, I'll venture out again. I need to go get dog food and then I'm off for a pedicure.

Coco, congrats on the loss!

Maryann, sorry you won't get an answer sooner. Hopefully the Dr will give you something more effective for the pain,.

Vickie, thinking of you and puppy. Hope things are improving.

Kathy, where are you??? Hope its going well

Rhonda, i think the exercising will help keep weight from coming back if you have a splurge! Hmm, maybe I need to do more.....

Sandra, how are things? Hope well.

Hi Nancy.

I think the rain is letting up enought to dash to the car. You know its bad when the dog looks out the door and turns around. BBL

Vickie 05-05-2009 12:22 PM

Sorry Chicks. I'm still sick and so is doggy. I called my Doctor yesterday and he never called me back. Grrrr.....

Cassie has an appointment tomorrow to a Vet 30 minutes away for a second opinion. Vet is highly recommended by my friend on a Scottie list and is her personal Vet. So off we go tomorrow.

Sigh. Life is Good but sometimes hard.

coco99 05-05-2009 07:29 PM

Hi There
Well we are now in a flood watch until Thursday evening now. But the creeks dont seem to be up very much. So that is good. Been having some rain this afternoon. Nothing heavy. Just a lite drizzle. But I didnt think we were to get any until tomorrow. Oh Well.
Havent done much today. Just did a few odd and end jobs that needed done.

VICKIE Hope the doggy appointment goes well. Dont you just hate it when the Dr is suppose to call and then dont. We are waiting on some blood results for hubby. But havent heard anything. So guess I will have to end calling them. You are in my prayers along with Cassie.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH We are having rain also. Had some clearing this morn. But then this afternoon the rain came back. Thanks for the congrats on the loss.

Well I am going to get off here. Hope everyone had a great day. Stayed dried. Talk to everyone tomorrow.
coco

Tejas 05-06-2009 07:53 AM

Good Morning:

It's a beautiful day here, but I hear that the rain is headed our way, after soaking many of you.

I began my day with a 6:30 spin class, and had one last night too. I'm not going back until Friday so I can rest a bit. But, getting rid of 500 calories was a great start to the day.

I've got an easy day today at the office and not too many food problems in front of me. I'm a day behind but I think I'll make something Tex-Mex for Cinco de Mayo. DH would like that.

I hope you all have a great day, staying OP, drinking water and moving around a bit.

I hope that all the medical tests come out OK for everyone, and, Vickie, I'm wishing for the best with your doggie.

Rhonda

beach bum 05-06-2009 09:10 AM

Good Morning Ladies:)

Its now 4 day straight that its been raining:rain: and damp:brr:. Can't stand this weather,I getting cabin fever,staying in all day all for that amount of time.

Well my doctor called yesterday afternoon and sent my pharmacy a prescription for a pain killer. Leo is going out to get it for me,even if his back is hurting in the dampness.

COCO-Big congrats:cp: on your 3 lb weight loss,:cp:you're doing fantastic. Glad you losing the pounds you gained.I'm surprised that you went out in all the flooding that was around you. I have a feeling we will be getting flooded also if this rain doesn't stop.

The doctor that we have here is very very busy he has lots of hip & knee replacements to do,as 33% of the people in our town are senior citizen.I was lucky:lucky: to get the two week appointment,but now that I have the pain killers it won't be that bad to wait.

PAULA-I can't stand this:rain: rainy weather we're having,pouring all day long. but we're still lucky:lucky: that we don't have tornadoes hitting us. I'll be out of pain some time this morning. Yippee!!!:D

VICKIE-Sorry:sorry: your not feeling well, the doctor will call ,it took mine a while to answer my call.

RHONDA-Send some sun:sunny: our way,we getting water logged:lol:. That's fantastic that you found a exercise that's burning 500 cal and something that you enjoy doing.Can't waiting I can exercise again,but mean while I lowered my calories from 1500 to 1300 on my calorie range.