Old 05-02-2009, 10:17 PM   #46  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco99 View Post
Hi there
My dryer is taking forever to dry stuff. So dont know what is going on with that.
Mine does the same thing...It is a new dryer and someone told me that
the vent hose may be too long. We have to dry one cycle and then reset for another cycle to get things dry.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco99 View Post
We went to Cracker Barral today. I was tried of getting the grilled chicken tenders. So I got something new. It was a grilled beef and broccoli dinner. It came in a little baby iron skillet. It was like a stir fry. Had some rice under the meat and broccoli. Was very good. So will have to be really good the rest of the day. Again have fun tonight.
That sounds great . I am going to try taht next time. I used to always get
the blackened catfish but it doesn't seem as good as it used to be.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:29 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

I actually ate too much but I did make some efforts not to be too crazy.There really weren't too many dishes without pasta, so I ordered chicken with one and focussed on the chicken not the pasta....tomorrow is another day!

Regrettably its a day that I'm taking my former FIL out for his birthday. But, I'm taking him someplace with more choices for me.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:17 AM   #49  

Height: 5' 10"

One thought on your dryers -- when was the last time you cleaned out the hose? Mine was doing the same thing, DH then cleaned out all the lint that was built up in the hose and it made a huge difference. Not to mention reduce a potential fire hazard.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:08 AM   #50  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Still not going to church,gee!! is been a month since I been there.Some people will think I moved away. Going to call the doctor and find out if he heard any of the results from the MRI yet. This ankle is not getting any better,and the anti inflammatory drugs are not helping with the pain either.

COCO-The weather on the cape is different from the main land. We can get interchangeable weather when any type of front comes in.Its seems the storms like to go up the 195 corridor north and head to Boston.We will warm up some time in June. As I mentioned above my doctor should get the report by Monday.

RHONDA-Your doing great in the exercising dept and it will pay off. WILL CROWN YOU AS OUR EXERCISING QUEEN FOR THE DAY. that's the key to weight loss and right now I can't.I have to rely on low calorie foods. Hope you had fun with your friends I sure you kept the calories to a bare minimum.

NANCY-I'm having the same problem as COCO. I thought it was the fabric dryer sheets that were doing that.
Quote:
Mine does the same thing...It is a new dryer and someone told me that
the vent hose may be too long. We have to dry one cycle and then reset for another cycle to get things dry.
I got my new dryer about 3 years ago and they didn't mention mine had to be cut.

PAULA-That another option that I have to put in the back of my mine,is it have the vent hosed cleaned.How does you DH clean it?????

Last edited by beach bum; 05-03-2009 at 09:09 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #51  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Just wanted to let you know that I'm ok; just still scared about my dog and really, really, busy.

Yesterday was three birthday parties, a communion and Jim's birthday. We haven't celebrated Jim's party yet. Too much going on and too many worries.

I'll try to get to read posts today and see how you all are.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #52  

Height: 5' 10"

Maryann, he took the hose off and then vacuumed it out using a shop vac. You probably could do the same thing with a regular vacuum. HTH
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #53  

Hi Everyone
Just having a lazy day.
Working on the laundry for son.
That is all I get done it seems like. Laundry.
I was wondering if the lint was getting built up in my lint catcher thing. I clean the filter after each load of laundry. But sometimes. When I pull out the filter pieces will fall down inside the place where the filter goes. And you cant reach it. Wonder if I took a sweeper and tried to sweep that out. If it would help. Hubby had already shorten the hose. In fact instead of the plastic hose. he put in a metal one. But will have him check on that.

VICKIE I so hope your puppy is getting better. WOW. You are having alot of parties. I will be too. Here in a couple of weeks. Wedding, Graduation, and Memorial day. Hope you are doing alright. Now that you are in my prayers. And your puppy.

BEACHBUM I sure hope they figure out what is going on with your ankle. We are having a rainy day today. It isnt raining right now. So maybe we will havea break for a little bit. But it is awful damp. May have to turn the furnace on.

TEJAS Glad you had a good time yesterday. Hope your dinner out today is nice.

NANCY237 Yes the grilled beef skillet I got yesterday was good. But I am not sure what the points were. I figure it would be better than some of the other stuff they had. And I was getting tired of the grilled chicken tenders. But then the rest of the day I was careful. So hope it all balanced out. Guess I will find out tomorrow night.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH I will check the lint thing out. Hope you are having a good day.

ONTARGET Hope you are doing ok. Have a great day

Well I need to go and check on the washer. And to put another load in if it is done. Now to get things dried and packed.
Be back later.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #54  
focused and aiming

Hi there. I'm just checking in to let ya'll know I haven't fallen off the end of the earth. There's a lot going on down here right now and I haven't been handling it well foodwise. One of my friends and her husband are battling health problems. Also, we were in Dallas all day yesterday shooting the Dallas Area Senior Olympics. We dodged the storm and finished about 2 hours before the building at Valley Ranch collapsed. I guess ya'll saw it on the news. That's a practice facility for the Dallas Cowboys.

I apologize for not responding to each of you. I wish you all the best. I'll be back tomorrow.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #55  

ONTARGET Oh my gosh. That had to be scary. I havent seen the footage on TV. But heard my son talking about it. Hope your friend and hubby are ok. Will be thinking of them. Hope you have a good evening.

Well finally got the laundry done. For a day or two anyway. Had to get things washed up. Son is going out of town. So had to get everything washed up for his trip.
Not sure how the scales will be tomorrow night. A little worried. So keeping fingers crossed the scales are down. But will be happy with a maintain.
Well am going to get off here for now.
Thinking of each of you.
Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Night
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Hi:

Sandra, I was wondering about you and that storm. Thanks for checking in.

We went over to have a light dinner with the same friends we went out with last night. I took a salad and that was about all I had to eat. I was so full from lunch still.

Night all,
Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:17 AM   #57  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

W-I this morning and I maintained. Not worried as I had a bad month trying to nurse my bad ankle.Its a great possibility that I'm swelling up with water in that region.

VICKIE-Happy that you checked in,and sad about your sick doggy.

PAULA-Thanks for the instructions on the dryer hose,it sound simple enough.

COCO-Surprising enough I found that my ankle is hurting like it did before.Maybe its healing & I'm sure the doctor should have the MRI results this morning,if he doesn't call I will call the office some time this afternoon.

SANDRA-Oh don't worry about us,we understand that sometime we just don't have the time to post individually.Just take some time out for yourself and have fun at the Senior Olympics, remember,the old WW saying , 3 bites and move on. OH MY TG your weren't there when it happened.

RHONDA -Congrats for not eating that much at dinner. You're really in control of your eating and exercising,you're heading in the right direction for a great W-I.

Have a great morning

Last edited by beach bum; 05-04-2009 at 09:21 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote