Old 04-30-2009, 09:22 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Coco, sorry about your son's accident and whiplash. That can hurt..I hope he takes care of it.

I'm sleepy and headed for bed early. I'm going out early in the morning for another spinning class...I'm nuts, for sure.

It's raining, raining, raining...all night they say.

'night..

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:28 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

Kathy, I got my MBT's @ Take 5 Birkenstock on Camp Bowie. Did you see the Think! shoes? Mine were over 2. In the last 2 weeks I've bought 3 pairs of SAS and 1 pair MBT. I'm shoe poor. But-----we are noticing that I'm not limping in the evenings from broken down feet. Hallelujah!!

Eating? I am struggling. What more can I say?

Maryann, that's good that you and Leo are careful. I hope you get some relief for your ankle soon. I can empathize with you.

Paula, on losing. I was losing as long as I weighed daily. Miss a day and blewy!

Rhonda, to you, too, for losing. And your bike class? Sounds like fun. We're not going to the club for a few days till the scare goes away. Cleburne schools are closed till next week.

Coco, I'm glad you took ds to the doctor. My shoes are sort of like NB. I'll be able to wear them to shoot. I'll wear them with jeans and shorts. (They look funny with capris.)
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:41 AM   #33  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Can't believe that's its May 1st., and we're almost at the 1/2 way mark of the year.We're having a rainy & gloomy day,not going to do much today except take several trips down to the basement and get my laundry done.

PAULA-I heard about the boys in Lowell on ABC news on local radio.I'm suppose to hear some time today or the latest by Monday what the MRI revealed. Its healing slowly, not with the ice packs but with heat. Why didn't the doctor tell me that,in the first place and not push the rice method on me.BIG CONGRATS on your 3 lbs,I so far staying the same,but I 'm going to average it out on Monday.

RHONDA-OH!! I thought it had something to do with spinning,that how much I know. Thanks for explaining what the exercise is all about. That does some like fun,maybe I will try it with my bike at home and Leo call out from the other room the different routes. CONGRATS on your 2 lbs.

COCO-Thanks,Oh I'm so sorry about your sons accident & getting whiplash. Hope he heals soon,and you take care also,nothing like a mom to be there for her son.

SANDRA-Sorry that you're struggling with the food plan plan. I still using the small plates and I'm now seeing what a portion size should look like. Hope to hear some news by this weekend.

Have to go,will be back later
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:14 AM   #34  

317 calories gone by 7:15AM this morning.

I think I'm hooked on this spinning. I have plans to go back next Tuesday and Wednesday. I have really enjoyed it. They play music that if I heard any other place, I'd be yelling "turn that noise off!" but I just get on that bike, get with the beat and zone out...It really does help to have a friend to go with. She's half my age and I'm gonna catch up to her, by golly.

Rhonda
Old 05-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #35  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, you go, girl! Spin away!

Maryann, it does feel like this year's sailing by, doesn't it?

Tomorrow we have the senior olympics in Dallas. I'm just not going to worry about what I'm eating till it's over. However, shooting will help because I will be busy and will also be getting exercise. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #36  

Hi Everyone
Just a quick stop. I am tried tonight. Been a long day. Or it seems like it.
Started out with taking hubby to eye Dr. They are going to take his cataract off in a couple of weeks. They is some difference in his vision since he was to the eye Dr last. I think that was in Feb. So Dr said to take it off. So had to get that scheduled. Then he was to have some blood work. So they went ahead and done it for a pre op. Or what ever they call it.
Then had to pay insurance, and car payment. Things like that.
Then when we get home. Had a call from our insurance agent. The guy that hit our son. Has NO INSURANCE. So now have to deal with all that.
Son's neck is still stiff. He did go to work today. But said turning his head to the side was ok. Hurt but could do it. But to look up. That was a different story. Told him to just take it easy over the weekend. He dont have to work.
Well I am going to get off here.
I hope everyone had a great day.
Sorry I didnt post to each of you.
But know that I am thinking of you.
Talk to you tomorrow.
Night
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:06 PM   #37  

I am being a traitor and switching to South Beach Diet. I think being strict with my carbs will help me get past this point where my scales are stuck.

To me it seems most of South Beach is Core but all of Core isn't South
Beach. Please tell me where I am wrong with this as I am still learning about South Beach

My son got a lab puppy and I have been hiking with her so maybe that will help also. Sure has been good for my mood!!!

Meet Riley, She is a shelter rescue !!

I still check in to see how everyone is even though I don't post often.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:25 AM   #38  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy, Happy! Lost 5 pds this week. That was the Easter gain, now I'm pretty much back to where I was. I'm thrilled. My new evening treat is Wasa light crispbreads (3 for 1 point) toppped with 1T Better'nPeanut butter (1 point). It gives me something crunchy to munch on and its really tasty. My will power is getting better when its late, I'm trying to have my night time snack before 9. So far, so good. One week at a time.

Nancy, feel free to still post here. Vickie is doing Jenny Craig and still posts. We all need support, please stay! My niece switched to South Beach from core- her thoughts its basically the same thing, just different way of looking at it. If carbs are an issue for you, its a good choice.

Coco, sorry to hear about your son. Will his insurance cover everything? I hope it works out -- most of all that he gets better.

Rhonda, great going on the exercise!

Sandra, hope you can get back on track. Start today!

Hi Sloan, Vickie, Maryann ---is that everyone? Feels like I'm missing someone. Sorry if it was you!

Have a great day.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:55 AM   #39  

Nancy, do post here when you want to. I agree with you about the similarities but I find the lack of fruit on SB's induction phase makes me miserable.

One MIA person is Donna/Tech...where is she??

I'm off to go Powerwalking soon, then home to continue painting. Last night I put the primer on my wood corner pantry, after sanding it. Why didn't I do this years ago? It's so clean and bright looking.

Oh, DH quit drinking diet sodas and lost 5 pounds.

BBL,
Rhonda
Old 05-02-2009, 09:18 AM   #40  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Look like we're going to have another damp and miserably day.Suppose to rain all day,and it not good for my aching bones.

RHONDA-Gee!! You're really enjoying that spin class that you're going to. Maybe I'll do my own renovation of your spinning class once my ankle heals.

SANDRA-You have the right attitude going into the Senior Olympics. Why worry about the food,its only one day and you know what to to eat and what to keep away from. Have a good time,at the event.

COCO-Oh!! I'm so sorry that your having a such a hard time and carrying a heavy load on your shoulders. That terrible that the kid doesn't have any insurance.I heard a lot about those uninsured from the news cast.

NANCY-Hi if your doing better with the South Beach than the Core go for it. Remember that all diets don't fit for all. I was on the beach since 2003 up to 2007 lost a total of 6 lbs in Phase 1 but the minute I went to Ph2 I was yoyoed on the scale so I decide the core is it what worked for me,until recently.NO MORE DIETS not for me, I'm now eating healthy from a small portion sized plate and counting calories and that's the best for me.I find that I'm losing again but slowly.Good Luck with the beach,and don't be a stranger,it nice to hear from you.

Love the pix of your sons Lab puppy thanks for sharing.

PAULA-BIG CONGRATS on your 5 lbs weight loss. I find that the Wasa & PB makes a good snack and a filling one that keeps you satisfied. I used the flat bread & flavored rice cakes with the PB are satisfying also.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:05 AM   #41  

Hi Everyone
Waiting on a load of son work jeans to finish washing. So thought I would get on here for a few.

TEJAS How was your power walk. Congrats to hubby for losing 5 lbs. Isnt it funny how sometimes a fresh coat of paint really brightens things us.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH CONGRATS on the 5 lbs loss. That is wonderful. I like those Wasa crispbreads. I take a wedge of the laughing cow cheese put on mine. And have a cup of tea. YUM YUM!! Son is feeling some better today.

NANCY237 Glad you are back. LOVE THE PUPPY. She is so cute. Just keep posting with us.

BEACHBUM Hope the weather warms up for you. Then maybe you would feel better. Did you hear anything from your test yet. So not sure what all will go on since the boy that hit son didnt have insurance. Guess our insurance will have to pay for everything. Then maybe they go after the boy. So guess I will find out.

ONTARGET AND VICKIE hope you are both doing good. Have a great day.

Well got to go check on the washer.
be back later.
coco
Old 05-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas View Post
Nancy, do post here when you want to. I agree with you about the similarities but I find the lack of fruit on SB's induction phase makes me miserable.
Funny you said that because I am going to sorta do my own version of SB
with one serving of a berry or citrus fruit daily. I am just making sure
it is with some protein and good fat at the same time.

Like everything else in my life I must try "my way" first. If that doesn't
work I guess I will try the "official" way.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:37 PM   #43  

381 calories gone with the powerwalking!

Now, I'm going to rest a while then start painting again.

I will have a real test tonight: we're going out to an Italian restaurant with friends. I'll be careful

Rhonda
Old 05-02-2009, 04:53 PM   #44  

TEJAS Have fun tonight at your dinner. I am sure you will do just fine.
We went to Cracker Barral today. I was tried of getting the grilled chicken tenders. So I got something new. It was a grilled beef and broccoli dinner. It came in a little baby iron skillet. It was like a stir fry. Had some rice under the meat and broccoli. Was very good. So will have to be really good the rest of the day. Again have fun tonight.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:47 PM   #45  

Hi there
Just thought I would get on here and see what is going on.
I am done doing laundry for tonight. Will finish it up tomorrow.
My dryer is taking forever to dry stuff. So dont know what is going on with that.
Hope everyone had a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
Talk to you tomorrow.
Night
coco