Old 04-22-2009, 10:03 AM   #31  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! We had a busy day yesterday even after JC. Went to little Great Nephew's first baseball game. Just adorable! He has another game on Friday and we'll probably go to that too if it works out after the Doctor. My ear is about the same but I have 3 more doses of ear medicine left. I slept late today and it felt great! Rhonda, that something you have to look forward to....sleeping until you wake up. Nice.

I've got my coffee and a few minutes before the treadmill so I'm going to go read what you are all up to now.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:23 AM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning to all! I'm busy at work so I can't stay, just thought I'd check and say hello. I hope everyone has a really nice day!
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:47 AM   #33  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, that had to be super stressful with the student's health and behavior. I hope she gets all right but am concerned she didn't go to the hospital. Congratulations to you on your power walking. I am impressed. I did a lot of exercise yesterday but am not going to the club today. I'll prob do while watching TV tonight. I'm tired today. Sunday took a lot out of me.

Kathy, it's so good to have you back here. Now I'm hoping Melissa and Angela and others who are MIA will come back. Speaking of whom--Froufie, where are you?

Vickie, my weight is usually 3 lbs higher in the PM than AM. Congratulations on having a loss. Your true weightloss is probably higher.

Vickie's right. One of the big perks of retirement is sleeping in. We hardly ever set an alarm.

I need to get off here and put something together for lunch. Have a great Wednesday, Chickies.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Chickies:

Well, I won't be doing much tonight. I didn't sleep well last night and am very lethargic. I haven't felt very well most of the day, so I'm just going to sit in the recliner tonight. I'm chalking it up to "stress" from yesterday.

We have been watching the DVD set about Planet Earth. It is fascinating. I've also been watching the PBS series on the relationship between the settlers and the Indians. I really recommend it..very educational.

Vickie, I'm sure that baseball game was just precious.

I hope you all have a good night.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:41 PM   #35  

It was a long day for me, and tomorrow I need to get to work even earlier. And I have w/i at 10:40 ... should be okay though! I'm sort of excited to go get it over with, because I'm sure I'll be down.

I went for a walk today, just 10 minutes around the parking lot but at least it was better than nothing. I was wearing a straight long dress so taking big strides wasn't possible. It was getting annoying so I cut it short after the one lap instead of going more. I've learned my lesson though; if I'm going to walk, I won't wear that dress.

I've had mostly salad and vegetables all day, except for lunch I had a little bit of salmon salad and some TLC crackers. Now Judd just got home so I think we're going to go somewhere for a salad. I'm not sure where but that just sounds good. If we don't do that, we'll end up staying home tonight and I'll just make him some grilled cheese sandwiches or something easy. I'll have carrots.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:02 PM   #36  

Hi there
Having trouble getting on here. Tried to post with a regular post. But having to use quick reply. So will keep this short.
Raining and getting cooler. But weekend is to be beautiful.
Went and got my new specs today. But I am having a really hard time getting adjusted to them. So I am hoping I can wear them.
Got our hair trimmed today.
And that has been about it.
Did do a little cleaning. Not much. New specs makes me feel sick when I move.
Well will get off here.
Hope everyone had a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
Be back tomorrow.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:10 PM   #37  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'm not surprised you're exhausted today after yesterday's drama. Get some rest.

Kathy, let us know how wi goes.

Coco, did you change your hairstyle? I'm thinking of changing mine, but I'm not sure what I want.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:28 AM   #38  

Good morning:

Well, I did sleep last night and feel so much bettter. I'm going to start my day with a long walk and get in some power walking practice. Our homework requires three power walks during the week, and I've only done one. So, I've to walk today and tomorrow to be a good "student."

Eating will be a challenge because I'm going out for lunch and dinner. I'll manage it though.

Kathy when I read "cut it short" I first thought you meant your skirt, not your walk. I had an image of you out in the parking lot cutting your dress short! I noticed that it was in the 90's in Denton, and it was 40 here...oh my.

I hope you all have a great OP day.

Rhonda
Old 04-23-2009, 08:30 AM   #39  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

After Leo surgery yesterday a follow up of going to this eye doctor this morning for more instructions. My Ankle didn't hurt just by putting a old back brace on. Hope to continue doing this until the ankle heals.

Than Last night my DD calls to tell me that my son is in a hospital in Ohio somewhere, his blood sugar was extremely high the last couple of days,due to his Type 1 diabetes.He doing fine and out of danger they're planning to release him today.

STRESS is certainly hanging around at my house,but I did remember having my adorable grandchildren at our side the week before..So I guess a little rain must fall now and than on all our lives.

Have to get ready to drive Leo to the Eye Doctor,will stop in later
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:13 AM   #40  

Ok, I power walked for 20 minutes. I didn't get my HR up as high as before, but I did walk off 107 calories...off to work now.

Maryann, I hope your son feels better soon.

Rhonda
Old 04-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #41  

Rhonda, that's funny! I never thought about saying "cut it short" and not specifying that I meant the walk. However, I can see myself standing in the parking lot with scissors. I don't think I'll wear that dress again though. A sleeveless linen dress ... now what's wrong with that picture? Sleeveless means wear in hot weather; linen means it wrinkles like crazy in hot weather. Oh well!

I'm a wee bit nervous about w/i because we ended up going out last night. I had one roll, a salad, and then one piece of fried catfish. It came with fries but I did not touch A SINGLE ONE OF THEM, instead took them home as a doggy treat. Home scale this morning was about 1/2 pound up from yesterday.

One little victory though, was that I bought a new dress yesterday (short!) and got an 8. I had bought 10s last summer because I had gained about 5 and wanted to be comfortable. The one I saw yesterday that I wanted only had 6 and 8, so I got the 8 thinking that if I couldn't wear it, it would at least be a good goal dress. Nope, it fit perfectly and in fact, I might have been about to get by with the 6. It's crazy to say that at 150 pounds someone can wear that size but maybe it's because I'm tall. Enough about that.

Maryann, scary scary SCARY! I'm sure you were beside yourself when you heard that! It sounds like he's better now though and so I hope he continues to do okay and can be released.

I'll be back after the meeting to report. I think my last w/i said 156 though, and that's because it was after breakfast and wearing jeans. My ticker reflects the morning weight -- I'm not interested in knowing how much my breakfast OR jeans weigh ... just myself.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:54 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey y'all
I'm still alive and kickin' in Tennessee. It has been so long since I was on here, that I just skimmed this week's posts. I hope you all are doing well and are feeling great! Sounds like there has been some stress with the chicks, so I'm praying for everyone to be calm and healthy. It seems like we will never be getting internet at our house, and I've been so busy at work that I have really lost touch with the group. The cable co. keeps saying a few more weeks for the net, so I am really getting frustrated.

As usual, I am really busy at work so I need to get off here. Hope you all have a great weekend!!!!

Sloan
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:21 AM   #43  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Darnit.....I can't believe I never made it back here yesterday. I'm really going to catch up NOW!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 10:30 AM   #44  

Just a quick stop in.
Hope everyone is doing ok.
Got to get busy. Suppose to bring new refridge tomorrow. So need to get things done for that.

BEACHBUM Hope hubby's eye appt goes well. And that son gets out of the hospital soon.

SLOANIE Glad you got to post. Hope you are doing good.

TEJAS Good job on the power walk.

KATPO Hope weigh in goes well.

VICKIE How are you doing. Hope you have a great day.

ONTARGET No I didnt change my hair style. Just got the banks trimmed. Growing it out for locks of love or for patenna beautiful lengths. Its almost ready to be cut. But dont know how I want it cut. Its so easy now. Just pull it back and go. Have a great day.

Well I better get off here. Get busy.
Will be back later.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #45  
Southside White Sox Fan

Maryann, good luck on your test results. Mine weren't great but ok. Nothing that losing weight shouldn't help. I hope your ankle continues to improve and that portion control alone works for you. It doesn't for me but only because my life is SO sedentary.

Coco, I really dislike having my eyes dilated. I'm sorry your new glasses are giving you fits. Is this your first pair? When I went from reading glasses to trifocals I cried in the grocery store. I couldn't see clearly to walk. Every time I looked down at my feet I couldn't tell the floor from a step. And forget stairs. I got used to them but it took a while. I hope you're better today. My eye doctor says it takes a while of wearing them to get your eyes to adjust; especially if it is a big change in prescription.

Paula, hope you enjoyed your days off!

Sandra, you sound like you're getting awesome exercise. Keep it up and you'll have great rewards at your next weigh in.

Sloan, Welcome Home! Come post when you can.

Rhonda, I hope you've recovered from your experience with the student. Is she ok? Are you feeling better?

Kathy, great job on being soda free. Size 8 is awesome. Great job keeping your weight off.

Gotta treadmill!

Last edited by Vickie; 04-23-2009 at 01:24 PM.