Smile Weekly Chat:March 2- March 8

New Pages!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning:

I hope everyone's doing well.

I did rather well on the weekend about eating low calorie and mostly Core. I've gone back to basics about writing everything down and that is very helpful.

My MSN homepage reported research indicating that the best approach to losing weight was low carb plus exercise. BUT, the difference among the various approaches was very slight, just a matter of a few pounds.

I've also been following the color (or colour) approach; that is, eat red, purple, yellow, orange, green, etc...that's a very easy way to make sure you're getting the nutrients you need.

It's very cold today, with wind. Nothing new there

Have a great and OP day!

Rhonda
Old 03-02-2009, 07:43 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks for remembering, Rhonda!

I'm off to have my blood work taken and then I have my JC weigh in. I'll be back after all of that.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:28 AM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Not a good day, the we're having a ice storm expecting winds from a no'easter some time this afternoon.TG Leo went out to get the staples that we needed. The only thing we're hoping for is for the power to stay on.

I lost 1 pound this morning at W-I.I so happy, as tomorrow I can report that I lost a total of 3 lbs since I went to the doctors 2 weeks ago.

Now I can move my ticker this week,to read correctly.

RHONDA-Glad you had a great weekend eating wise.I think I did the same as I wanted to lose something before going to the doctor. Low carbing???????That's interesting.That's another thing I'm going to bring up to the doctor.I was reading a woman weight web sited [woman to woman=changing woman's health naturally]and they talked about Thyroid problems are some times mistaken for insulin resistance,as they have the same or similar symptoms.

VICKIE-Good luck for your blood work and your W-I
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well Chicks, I had a great week for me. I'm down 2 pounds for a total of 13.2. I'm skipping off to change my tracker!

Then lunch, and off to errands.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #6  

Congrats to Vickie and Maryann for losing!

I just glanced at the study, but it did distinguish between the radical low carb like Atkins and other low carb approaches....perhaps it would be better to describe it as "lower" carb...
Old 03-02-2009, 09:08 PM   #7  

Old 03-02-2009, 11:26 PM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow Chicks! I had a long and busy day. Quiet here. I went to Bed Bath and Beyond to look at Method and Mrs. Meyers green products but ending up buying nothing. It gave me some good exercise to at least be up and walking around.

Rhonda, I have to journal on JC too or I'd never remember what I've eaten. I've consumed more fruits and veggies than I ever even ate on Core. Colorful is good! I'm not eating low carb. I hope that's not a problem for me. I guess I'll see if I end up being insulin resistant. I don't know much about it.

Mary Ann, I always worry about the power. I hope yours stayed on.

Tomorrow I'm getting up early to exercise and eat and then I'm heading out to Super Walmart. Gotta get stocked up for the month.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:44 AM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I win last post, first post and am awaiting my prize!

I'm having a cup of coffee while I wait for Jim to finish walking on the treadmill and then it's my turn.

Have a great day and drink your water.

Thinking of you Mary Ann.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #10  

There's your prize, Vickie! Enjoy being the Queen of the Weekly Chat for a day.

So far, so good today. I'm home from work to to the dentist. So, I made some soup for lunch, then heading out. I took a quick trip to the grocery store and wanted anything chocolate. I'm happy to report my NSV: I didn't buy any of it.

Talk to you later tonight..long day ahead of me.

Rhonda
Old 03-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #11  

Hi Everyone
Just thought I would get on here for a few. Ran a couple of errends this morning. Then came home and fixed us a boco veggie burger. Now to fix something for supper.

BEACHBUM Congrats on the loss. That is great. When do you go to the DR with your journal. I bet he will be pleased with the loss. Hope you are doing ok with the storm.

VICKIE Congrats on your loss. You are doing really good. When do you go for your test. Good job on walking on the treadmill. And I need to drink some water. Havent gotten much in yet today.

TEJAS Hope the dentist appt went well.

Well I am going to get off here. Got the girls blankets in washing. So need to see if they are done yet.
Have a great day.
Will be back later.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

OH Rhonda, thank you for my beautiful prize!

Congratulations on not eating the chocolate but opting for soup instead. That's not an easy feat. Don't work too hard.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:46 PM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Coco, we were posting at the same time! I had my bloodwork done yesterday and am waiting for the results. I'm a bit nervous about meeting my new Doctor but that's not scheduled yet.

I laughed with Jim just a few minutes ago. I forgot when I was walking on the treadmill that I'd be walking all over Walmart. Normally, I don't exercise when I go there. Now I'll get double exercise today.

Later, Chicks!
Old 03-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #14  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Is it SPRING yet??? According to what I see on the ground we have a combo of snow with ice on top.[1" of snow what 1" of ice on top].Stupid town didn't sand our street and its like a skating ring. Leo wasn't going out this morning too dangerous,but hopes the sun will melt some of the stuff so I can go to the doctors this afternoon.

VICKIE-Congrats on your 2 lb loss. You're doing great,wish I had the same to report,but once the doctor works with me,and finding the problems I hope I will being going downward on the scale again.

Yes we were fortunate that our power stayed on,it just cold out but were nice and warm, with our gas insert in our fireplace.I agree with Rhonda you are the of the chat.

RHONDA-I have a feeling the doctor is going to tell me I eating to many grain carbs[bread,cereal brown rice pasta] etc. Good Luck at the dentist,I hate going to see him.Congrats on your NSV staying away from the chocolate.

COCO-Thanks for the congrats I'm going to the doctor this afternoon.I'm sure he will be glad,as hes said at my age I should be losing.Don't mind the snow but the ice on the road is a different matter.

Will be back later and report what the doctor told me.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #15  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I just got home from the doctor's,Leo drove me there.My eyes are fine,he explained why the my eyes are doing that,and that I shouldn't worry.

Now for my food journal and not losing weight.He was happy to see that I lost 2.5 in 2 weeks and said that .5-1 a week is a normal way to lose.Asked him if I should go back to low carbing he said no,just CC with a 1400-1600 range. He looked over all the foods I'm eating and told me that I was eating healthy,my portion sizes were correct.He told me that using a journal helps to see where I went wrong.Asked why I was gaining the same 168-170 for the past month. He told me that I have to stop partying when he saw Super Bowl Sunday on my weight loss chart.

So I guess I will have to except the extra eating when holidays & occasions come up,and plan the best I can to avoid over eating. This month we have St Patrick's Day[corned beef & cabbage and boiled potatoes]April= Easter[NO candy from the EASTER BUNNIE[roast beef,roast potatoes and green beans]Thanks goodness the rest of the year is holiday free until Nov. ,except for Summer BBQ's

That's it,Next month I have a cholesterol blood test ,so maybe he'll ask how I'm doing in the weight dept.