Height: 5'4"

Default Core Chat: August 4- August 10

New Pages!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good Morning All:

First, PA, I read your post on last week's thread. Please accept my condolences about the death of your nephew. As I read it, I could see the faces of my three nephews, and my heart broke for you. I know that others who know you from the list share in your grief.

Next, what wonderful news about you dd's wedding. How wonderful and how especially sweet to feel joy while feeling so sad about your nephew.

Do come back to the chat board. Don't worry about catching up. Vickie's in her poool, Sandra's shooting arrows and I'm still trying to get more exercise. Froufie and Coco are missing in action! The "newbies" are inspiring us all!

Rhonda
Old 08-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Monday everyone. Had an ok weekend. Lost our internet access on Saturday - spent close to an hour on the phone with the provider and then motorola trying to figure it out. Finally the ISP determined it was on their end - by mid afternoon we were back on line. Outside of errands and cleaning, can't quite think about what we did. Oh well, couldn't be that exciting. I cooked 3 dishes yestarday for the week -- Salsa chicken and core cole slaw for lunches and then a diet pepsi pot roast in the crock pot for tonights dinner. I'm doing well on plan and trying to get in more exercise. I'm also starting to put things together for vacation - we leave for the cottage a week from Saturday. Lots to do!

PA - welcome back and so sorry for the passing of your nephew. And congrats on your dd's wedding. Hope things continue on the upswing for you.

Rhonda - thanks for the new pages.

Tracie -- that bread recipe looks interest. Did it come out like bread or sort of close? I'm wondering for the point I would use for lite bread it the effort is worth it. Your thoughts?

Well, off to set up the challenge thread. Need to think of something.....
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Okay chicks, am I a goofball! I posted on last weeks thread. Guess you can tell I don't even know what day it is!

Nancy-You little I really want to eat some pizza! I was thinking of trying the cream of wheat bread as crust, and I posted a soy cheese question so I can decide on how to make it. I'll keep ya posted.

TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:07 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda, you just crack me up.

Oh Patti....I've thought about you often these last weeks and just figured you were busy with the wedding and such. I am so, SO sorry for your loss. Nothing can ease the pain of this tragedy. Please let us know how we can help you through this terrible time.

I'm off to errands. May you all be well, happy, and healthy.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:55 PM   #6  

Did I mention that in a matter of a week I'm now a Crochet addict??? I actually just about completed a baby blanket last week -- I had no yarn last night when the power went out. I was "jonesing" pretty bad I brought home some to start a new project and I found instructions on the web to do double crochet. I'm living dangerously now!
Old 08-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Better than eating, Paula! Think of all those happy babies.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:07 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

Patti, it's good to have you back here. You have definitely been on an emotional rollercoaster. Don't worry about those few pounds. You'll have them off soon. I am sorry about your nephew, but happy about your dd.

We flung arrows most of the day today confirming our sites on our bows. I got in a lot of visiting, too. Remember the vision impaired archer from last year? It looks like we'll be shooting on targets next to each other again this year. It was so good to see her, her husband, and her mom.

Paula, that's a good hobby. I can't crochet at all. I always thought it looked like fun, though.

Vickie, I'm inside getting ready to fling arrows again early in the morning. Curtis shoots tomorrow afternoon. One of our archers is stranded in Boston because of flight delays out of Chicago. How's your weather there today? Did you get a lot of rain?

Rhonda, you're a hoot, Cuz. I love your sense of humor.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:20 PM   #9  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Hi chickies! I've been busy packing up the motor home. We are actually driving the motor home with our bikes to the campgrounds tomorrow when I get home from work(about an hour and 30 minutes away from home), and then coming back tomorrow night, sleeping at home and then picking my dbf's dd up in the morning(we can't get her until Wednesday morning) and towing the boat up with my dbf's Expedition. The reason being, I have never driven the motor home. I will get my chance when we come home on Sunday and I'm a bit nervous about this. But people assure me there's nothing to it. I sure hope not!

Patti, I'm a newbie to you, but not really a newbie here anymore. I'm very sorry for your loss. Also congratulations on your dd's wedding. I hope to get to know you!

Paula, the bread is actually easier than making regular bread in the bread machine. It's definitely worth making. It is very good. You will be quite surprised how good it is. But as I said, use the sugar, don't use splenda. My first attempt, I used splenda and it did not rise. It still tasted good, but it was so heavy. I made it with the sugar and it came out wonderfully. Even if you don't have a bread machine, it doesn't sound all that hard to make. You only have to knead it 10 minutes(I think, if I remember correctly) and then let it rise and bake it.
Also Paula, great going on the crocheting. It can be addicting. If I had more time, I would love to start doing this again. I used to make my own dishclothes and I loved them. I just don't have the time to do it anymore.

Sloanie, when I get back next week I will be trying the pizza, using the bread recipe for the crust. I also think I will check out the veggie threads and see if I can find the blend that was mentioned in the other thread. I am able to get the ff mozzerella, but the veggie shreds sounds better.

Rhonda, thanks for starting up the new pages for this week!

Vickie, hope you are having a good week!
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:02 AM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

OMG, Sandra! The storms were horrible here. Several tornadoes came through but we are fine. We almost lost power several times but it stayed on. It's 11:00 now and we were able to take the pooch out. I'm off to bed now. At least I don't have any firm plans until 1:00 tomorrow.

Have a great day Chicks!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #11  

Vickie, glad you made it through the storms last night. They looked scary!

Sandra, will you get any of the tropical storm affects where you are in Texas?

Tracie, I'll need to buy some cream of wheat and try that bread. Thanks for the info -- do like the idea of making it into pizza crust!

Not much going on here. My car is in the shop, dd is having 2 freinds over to play. Have the water slide set up for them, its not has hot today but its muggy. I think they'll still have fun. Next week the truck needs to go into the shop -- I'm driving that today and its what we'll take to Maine. I asked DH if it needed to go to the shop before we went away and he said it was fine. Ah, NO! There is a rattle in the front end. So, we'll get that fixed next week as we leave the following Saturday.

My scale FINALLY moved downward for me today. I don't know what it is with my body, but I periodically go through phases where no matter what I do my weight goes up 2-3 pounds, then levels off and then goes down. Its not a tom thing, it occurs every few months. Maybe I need my Thyroid levels checked again, should be done soon anyway. At least I don't let it throw me any more and I did log my true weight last Friday morning. No point in lying to myself by either not logging it on the WW site or fibbing a bit.

Well, got to make a call for work. BBL
Old 08-05-2008, 10:01 AM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! We've had a rough ride for the last 18 hours but I think things are finally going to clear up.

I've got a cut and color today so I'll be feeling a bit better about myself after that's done. Have a great day.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

ah, nothing like getting your hair "fixed." I had my cut last week also.

I made the Core pancakes today (oatmeal and cottage cheese). They are delicious...just like everyone said.

Off to work now...have a great Core day

Rhonda
Old 08-05-2008, 11:24 AM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Yummmm.....I'm almost ready to start cooking again. My start date for going back to meetings is August 18th. My counter is being torn out on the 11th so I'm waiting until I can cook again on the 18th. In the meantime, I'll be good as silver....almost as good as gold until I go full blast back into my program.

Jim's sugar is up so I want to help him too.

I'm glad you liked the pancakes Rhonda. They made a good lunch for me.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:41 PM   #15  

I was 140 yesterday but 141 this am.
I only count it when I am there a few mornings in a row.
That will be the half way mark for me and I want to reward myself.
The budget is tight so it needs to be about a $100 or less.

Maybe eating at a place we usually don't go, exercise clothes,
a nice outfit , or hair highlights.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote