Old 05-20-2008, 06:29 PM   #16  

Height: 5' 10"

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. My dad is doing much better today. His fever is down to normal and he looks like his old self. He is still out of it a bit, but they had him up to go the bathroom a few times and he has been eating. They'll re do the xray tomorrow to see if his lung looks better. Its a big releif to me that he is doing better. We just need to get the xray results...

I didn't make it to wi today, dd was asleep at the time I needed to go. She had a bad morining in gymnastics, basically was weepy and crying the whole time saying she had to keep going last (which she wasn't). She seemed to just be off today. We didn't tell her about my dad, maybe she just sensed something was wrong. Who knows. So, I didn't make it, but I think I'm about the same. I've actually been on program all day. Made the carrot cake, but I made it all core. I couldn't find the brown sugar twin, so I just used all splenda. Then instead of the oil I used applesauce. Haven't had a piece yet, but it looks great.

Frouf, welcome back! Missed having you post. Hope all the dance recitals went well for dd.

Nancy, congrats on the walking. I'm actually thinking of maybe starting to bike early in the day (being back to the house by 6). Yes, just in the thinking stage!

Got to go log my dinner on line. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks,
Sounds like everyone needs a prayer. Some for struggles and some for praise. Paula, I hope things continue to go in a positive direction for your dad. I'll be praying for him. Tracie, .2 lbs today may be a .4 loss tomorrow depending on fluid retention or tom. Don't be discouraged. It is awesome to me that you stayed on program all week. I would be soooo proud of that!!

I love the fact that so many of "the chicks" are faithful to pray for each other. If you think about it, it has to be true that God has connected the group for a reason. I'll certainly be praying for all of you.

Dh had sinus surgery today so it has been a long one. He's doing well, so I'll go back to work tomorrow. I'm just so tired
Sloan
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:57 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Froufy!!! Hi...nice to see you back. The weekend was miserable down here in Toronto also. I KNOW your pain!

Glad to hear that your Dad is better, Paula. Poor DD. But, we all have off days. I bet she'll snap back.

I've been very upset about Edward Kennedy's diagnosis. As soon as I heard he had a seizure I told a friend that he had a brain tumor. Regardless of your party of choice, you must admire that man's tenacity and dedication to public service.

I made the carrot cake, but forgot the soda, so the texture wasn't great. I'll try again, and the applesauce sounds like a good idea.

Now, where's that Cuzzin Sandra?? And, Vickie, let's have a few words about you and DH.

We got a $5,000. bill for the car. Yes, that's right: 3 zeros. I guess I won't have the bathroom redone.

Have a good night all.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:21 AM   #19  

Rhonda, ouch! Is the car worth $5000? Well, I guess it is now.

Sloanie, hope dh is healing well.

Not much going on here. Dad is better, they did the xray this morning. They'll know the results this afternoon when they meet with the dr. He is better but still very weak. Again, thanks for all the prayers. Sloanie, I agree with you that God does bring people together for a reason.

Well, need to go log my food for the day. BBL
Old 05-21-2008, 11:26 AM   #20  

Forgot to mention -- had some of the carrot cake. YUMMY! Fabulous recipe. I did bake it in the oven at 350 - it was done way less than the 60 minutes. More like 40. Be sure to check it. Glad I made it all core (w/o the oil), as I could easily eat it all.

There were 2 recipes I made this week that I need to post - one was a cheesy meatloaf pie and the other cottage cheese casserole. Both good.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:33 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Good morning chicks!

Paula-I'm looking forward to your recipes. Glad to hear your dad is getting better. It will take a while for him to get his strength back (I am an RN). When you are 84? years old, laying around only serves to make you weak. When he is feeling better, he will need to be conscious of exercising (whatever he can tolerate) every day to build back up. Don't be discouraged; it takes a while. DH was doing well this morning when I left for work. Thanks for asking about him.

Got to get busy. Sloan
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:56 PM   #22  
~Getting My Groove Back!

S/C/G: 297/276/260

Height: 5'6

Hi! Where can I find this carrot cake recipe you guys are raving about? I'd love to try it out!
noussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:54 PM   #23  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

It is under desserts in the recipes, but I will post it. I guess you can replace the oil with unsweetened applesauce. I will probably try that next time.

The first time I made this, I did it in the crockpot and the edges got burnt before the center was done. So I decided to try it in the oven. It worked great. I used an 8x8 pan(sprayed with Pam) and baked it @350 for about an hour. Check it though at about 40 minutes. My electric oven cooks much slower than my gas oven and I used my electric oven for this. Following is the original recipe.

CROCKPOT CARROT CAKE
(they say serves 12 but i cut ours into 8 pieces so we could each have 1 per day to get in our 2 servings oil.)

2 eggs
1/2 c brown sugar twin
1/3 c olive oil
1 & 1/2 cups oatmeal
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 c grated carrots
1 can (14 oz) crushed pineapple--drained
1 teaspoon vanilla

beat together eggs, sugar substitute and oil. combine oats, soda, salt, and cinnamon; add to sweetner mixture and beat well. stir in carrots, pineapple, and vanilla.

place in sprayed crock pot.
cover and bake on high for 2 & 1/2 to 4 hours. (i baked mine about 3 hours and it was done.)
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:43 PM   #24  
focused and aiming

Hi there. Rhonda, thank you for missing me. I'll try to get here regularly again. Things have been hectic. We have our new home but no electricity for it so we're still living in the condo. Guess it could be worse.

Our weather's gorgeous. Swimming pools are open, blackberries are ripe, and flowers are blooming. Life is good.

Paula, I am glad your dad's getting better. I know you've been stressed.

Nancy, I also Flore. Keep posting.

Tracie, good tips, friend. I like what you said about .2+ possibly being -.4 tomorrow.

Froufie, it's good to see you here.

Vickie, how are you doing? How's Jim?

Sorry this is short. I'll be back later to check on all of you.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:35 PM   #25  

Hi Everyone
Just a quick note. See I have missed alot.
Hope everyone is doing ok.
BLESSEDWITHSARAH Glad your Dad is doing better you and your family are in my prayers.
Well I gained 1/2 a pound at weigh in on Monday.
So have to get back at it.
Going camping this weekend. So a little afraid about that. Not going to take too many snack foods. So that should help. Alot of veggies and low fat dip.
Having alot of rain. Hope it lets up soon.
Well I better get off here. Have alot of stuff to get done.
Thinking of everyone.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:47 PM   #26  

Noussa... I made the Carrot cake and used 1/2 cup granular splenda in place of the brown twin which added no calories. It was REALLY good but next time I may use a bit more sweetener . I also baked it at 350 but mine was ready in 30 minutes. I used the toothpick test. I am so glad to have this recipe!!
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:49 PM   #27  
focused and aiming

Coco, have fun camping. Are you tenting?
Old 05-21-2008, 06:53 PM   #28  

ONTARGET
No we are not using a tent. Our son has a camper and he is taking us.
Hubby wouldnt be able to camp if we used a tent.
Looking forward to getting away for a few days.
Hope you have a great weekend.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:58 PM   #29  

Walked again and we saw lots of wildlife and it is getting easier. I have had a very busy/productive day. My 18 year old finished exams so he is totally done except walking across that stage in a week after a class trip to Europe. (man..my senior trip was to Myrtle Beach!!) (Honestly I think I would prefer a week at the
I am going to relax tonight!!
The plan to eat 300 cal meals with 100 cal snacks mid afternoon and
about 8 pm seems to be enough to keep me satisfied. If the scales don't move with 1200 calories and walking an hour I don't know what else to try.

Last edited by nancy237; 05-21-2008 at 07:09 PM. Reason: found smileys
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:04 PM   #30  
focused and aiming

I went inside our new home a bit ago and just walked around looking out the windows. I could see cardinals and hummingbirds out both the front and back. We're going to really enjoy living there once we get electricity.