Old 04-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: See ticky ticker

Height: 5'4"

Question Do I have to give up coffee creamer on core??!!

My name's Christine, and I'm addicted to Fat Free Coffemate French Vanilla Creamer...i'm passing the candle...heh

I was just wondering if there was any way that I can have my coffee creamer in my morning java. I cannot bear to drink coffee black and my body doesn't like trying to function without my coffee.
I wanted to know if it is acceptable to use either the Fat Free or Sugar Free type of French Vanilla creamer, or if anyone knows of an alternative to get that French Vanilla taste in my morning joe that i love and miss.
I am currently on Phase I of South Beach Diet with my husband and BFF coworker. We heard after 3 days of Phase I about the Weight Watchers Core recipe that has worked miracles for three of our town members. So, we plan to finish out Phase I of the SBD and then switch over to WW Core.
breatheincubus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #2  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

I am not a coffee drinker so I'm not sure if this is feasible or not. But you could use skim milk and add french vanilla extract to your coffee. Would this help? Both skim milk and all extracts are core.
Also, carnation sugar free french vanilla liquid(not sure what this is..is this the creamer?) is zero points for 1 Tblsp and only 1 point for up to 3 Tblsp. 4 Tblsp is 1.5 points.
Don't forget you do have 35 points a week, if you need the regular creamer.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wofc3BO/]

[/url]
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:25 PM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

On the core plan, you get 35 points a week to spend on non-core foods. You could just spend some of your points on your creamer.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:31 AM   #4  

Smile

I know I have those blessed 35 points. I was just hoping there was an alternative creamer...
And Carnation Sugar free fr. vanilla sounds like creamer to me...I'll have to check it out.

Thank you both!

Old 04-18-2008, 12:39 PM   #5  
Tracie

Just remember, even if you drink 1 Tblsp of the creamer, in each cup of coffee, and you have 3 cups of coffee, you will have to count the 1 point. If you only have 1 cup with 1 Tblsp, then you don't have to count it.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:54 PM   #6  

Question Many thanks and another burning question....

Hmmm.....what about two TBS? I usually don't drink more than three cups of coffee a day, so I can deal with that I suppose.

I think I may look into the skim milk and fr. vanilla extract option. That's a good idea as well...you just never know, could be the best thing I've had ever.

Umm...another question non creamer related....

The lady who told me about this 'lifestyle change' said that she can eat Schwans FF SF vanilla ice cream as much as she wants (within reason of course) and it is totally free....I noticed some tasty lookin Fudgecicles in the Schwans book and it says FF and SF. So...does that mean I can have those too?
The ice cream claims to be sweetened with Splenda, and the fudgecicles appear to have aspertame in them, have 14g of carbs and 6 sugars...if they're SF where are those sugars coming from!?!

If anyone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated...
Old 04-18-2008, 08:00 PM   #7  
Tracie

I don't believe that's true. When I look up ff sf icecream on the weight watchers website it is not marked as core, and is 2 points for 1/2 cup. I think she's misinformed. You can have the ff sf pudding and it is core as long as it is made with skim milk, but not the ice cream. Ww makes a really good fudgesicle, and it's pretty big and it is only one point.

With the creamer, it is 1 point for 2 Tblsp and up to 3 Tblsp., while 4 Tblsp is 1.5 points and 5 Tblsp is 2 points.

Tracie
Old 04-18-2008, 08:15 PM   #8  
Tracie

Oh yea breathincubus7, I also wanted to tell you that basically, anything with added sugar is not core. If there is natural sugar in the food, such as fruit, then the sugar is ok, but added sugar would disregard it as a core food. Not sure if I heard this on this website or if my ww leader said this. I think someone on this website stated this. It makes sense. So the fudgesicles with 6 g of sugar can't be core because obviously, it's added sugar, not natural sugar. And if it is supposed to be sf, I don't know where the sugar is coming from. Sounds strange to me. But then again, ff sf flavored yogurt is also not core(which surprised me), and supposedly is sugar free. The only kind of yogurt that is core is the ff sf plain yogurt.

Tracie
Old 04-19-2008, 12:44 AM   #9  

Smile

Well that's a bummer...I was looking forward to indulging.
I guess this lady has done the WW Core, but made a few adjustments of her own to it. She has lost 56 lbs since January, her husband lost 20 since Feb. and her boss has lost 40 since jan or feb. On her paper she gave my husband and I she noted that potatoes are acceptable as a vegetable and don't have to be limited to once a day. And says that she eats as much of that ice cream as she wants and still loses. So, I'm not sure if they're just lucky and have different reactions to different foods....I suppose I'll just have to test things out and see what makes me gain and what keeps me losing...it's only weight right, it'll keep coming and going until I die for sure.
Thank you so much for your responses. I had been using the FF creamer before we started dieting and was just getting used to it...now i guess i have to get used to SF... oh well, the small sacrifices we make to be healthier and look better!
Thank you again and have a wonderful weekend.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:05 PM   #10  
Tracie

According to my ww book, potatos, brown rice and whole wheat pasta must be limited to once a day. I didn't realize this until about the third week of doing ww, and I was still losing weight, and I know there were a few days I had potatos twice a day. But I also had lots of left over points at the end of the week, so if that's the case, the extra potatos that I ate could have been applied to my points, and I still would have been ok. Maybe that's the case for this woman. She might not use all her points, and the excess things she is eating could come off the extra points. I'm not sure, but I'm just letting you know what the ww information says. I'm sticking to the plan the way ww tells me to, to make sure I am losing the weight. I still have my treats here and there, but I count them, if necessary and I am definitely losing weight.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:05 PM   #11  

Wink

Well, I will have to ask her what she meant exactly...maybe I was just not reading what she wrote correctly...
So, what you are telling me, according to the core rules, is that I can choose from potatoes, rice, pasta, or bread; and my choice only one serving of it a day.
For example: My supper could not be lean steak on the grill, a baked potato, wild rice and a salad, without breaking into the 35 points anyway?

Sorry I'm obsessing, but I just like to thoroughly know these things so I don't screw up from the get go.

ps. love the frog ticker.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:37 AM   #12  
Tracie

I believe that's how it works. One serving a day of any one of them. You can't have potato and rice in one day. Or if you do, you will have to count points for anything over the first serving. That is my understanding. I will double check this at my meeting on Monday.

Last edited by twestra; 04-20-2008 at 12:38 AM.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:28 AM   #13  

Smile

Ok. Thank you! I appreciate it verrry much.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:19 AM   #14  

Question

Ok, umm...one more question...I promise!....for now...

Is it ok to drink flavored coffee beans, such as Dunkin Donuts Fr. Vanilla Coffee or Folgers Vanilla Biscotti? I looked at the Dunkin Donuts nutrition info and it said it has 20 calories in a serving, no sugars, no fat and 4g of carbs...
Old 04-21-2008, 12:53 PM   #15  
Tracie

I'm not sure on this one, but this is what I found out. General Mills International coffee, French Vanilla flavor, prepared, is 1 point. I don't know the calorie content or anything, but if you said the coffee was only 20 calorie, no fat and no fiber, it would be 0 points. 2 cups would be 1 point. 3 cups would still be 1 point and four cups would be 2 points

Also, for the creamer thing, have you ever heard of Splenda flavor blends for coffee, french vanilla flavor? I don't know what it is, but this is 0 points. I checked up to 6 servings and it still says 0 points.