Old 08-24-2007, 10:35 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Paula on the scale being down!

Now I know why Sandra wants to move back to Texas: she wants to be nearer to that wine she loves!!!

I haven't tried that chicken. I'll look at the recipe; supposed to try new ones this week!

Coco, it's so humid here in Toronto it's almost unbearable. I'm taking my niece and her kids to a Buskerfest this afternoon and we are going to swelter!!

Later,
Rhonda

Another day to be motivated!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:24 AM   #47  

K im off later this afternoon..Ill be back tomorrow, evening prob..behave while im gone@! walk and drink lots of water..
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:18 PM   #48  

Afternoon everyone
Another hot and humid one here today. So am trying to drink extra water today.
Well not much happening here so far today.
Had to run to the post office this morning.
So got some cube steak from the store. Boy does it look lean. So will have that for supper tonight.
Am also thinking about fixing some zucchinni with some potato's and then putting some spaghetti sauce on that. I think that would all be core. Cause we are aloud potato's once a day. Will have to check on the sauce though. Not sure about that.
BLESSEDWITHSARAH Hope you had a great day at the beach. Good job on planning.
TEJAS Yeah some fried chicken does sound good. I havent had any in a long time. I see where they said Vickie had posted a core fried chicken. I will have to check that out. Good job on only eating 1/2 of the dessert. That took alot of will power. I know it would or me. Hope you had a great day with neice and kids.
ONTARGET Glad you didnt stop for BUI. Biking under influence. Did they get to take the pictures of your house. Have a good day.
Well I am going to get off here for now.
So will be back later.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:46 PM   #49  

coco if you like zuchinni, take one zuchinni, chop it into slices, add 1 chopped up onion, some chopped up garlic, and throw it all into a baking dish. Top it off with one can of diced tomatoes and put some tin foil on top. Bake it at 350 for about 1/2 hour or so....(till hot and bubbly and veggies are tender) This is very good and ALL CORE. Some fat free parmesean cheese would be great in it as well...
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:31 PM   #50  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Chickies. We had our photo op this AM. The house looks fabulous. Anyone want to buy it? Curtis and I are exhausted. We're taking it easy the rest of the day. Meantime, I'm watering rosebeds.

I will do my later this evening. I need to undo some major eating defects I suffered today.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:57 PM   #51  

Hi All:

That zucchini recipe sounds good.

I did well today. It was not easy since I went to the Buskerfest and there was major food everywhere. I had 3/4 of a hotdog. I almost NEVER eat those things, but I just had to have it, so I did. But, I turned away from the funnel cakes, the ice cream, the fudge, the popcorn...etc.

Sandra, congratulations on cleaning the house and moving forward. I absolutely dread having to move out of here in a few years. Maybe you'll fly up and help me since you're experienced now!!??

Have a good night everyone.

Rhonda
Old 08-25-2007, 09:38 AM   #52  

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning all! Its going to be hot here today -close to 95. Big change from the barely 70s we had all last week. Had a great time at the beach yesterday. I did have some pretzels, but I logged them in and counted them. Otherwise, I stuck to my core lunch.

Patti, that zucchini receipe sounds yummy. My gf gave me one also that I think I can convert to core or low points. I'll post it if it comes our good.

Well, just wanted to stop by quickly to say Hi. Need to clean my house and grocery shop this morning. We have no milk, no juice and no margerine in the house. EEK, not like me at all. Well, have a great day. BBL.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 11:31 AM   #53  

I've been frying chicken for almost 2 hours...batch after batch...feel like a real Texan woman!

I don't even want to eat any either.

Off to picnic in the drizzle!

Rhonda
Old 08-25-2007, 02:33 PM   #54  
Donna

Good Afternoon All,

Sorry I haven't been here the last couple of days. It was hot and muggy and I got home late and was crabby.......I have not been doing well on the walk plan I wanted to add a mile every day to my current exercise (trying to get more in) but I didn't Thurs or Fri. Thursday I got home late and it was after 9 by the time I ate, then I had to take out the trash and it was still hot and muggy. Couldn't drag my but for a walk. Yesterday major storms were rolling thru when I got home so no walk there either However, my new pedometer says the walk from car-site-lunch-site-car is almost 2 miles so I'm still going to log that I got in my walk, since I did work.

I did have a major NSV yesterday though: On Fridays I work in the glass blowing shop, it is hot and tiring work I get home and don't want to cook. If dh isn't in the mood we end up going out or ordering pizza, usually starting off the weekend on a bad foot. So yesterday I put dinner in the crockpot before I left for work so we had a good for you meal when we got home . The recipe wasn't that good needs some tweaking, but the idea worked great. I think I'm going to try to do this every week.

Sandra - yea on getting the house ready, not a lot of fun I remember. And on getting in that cycling. Here is a link you might find interesting, one of my co-worker's sister is a photo-journalist student in Missoula and has been taking pics of the fires here is story she put together http://www.newwest.net/index.php/gal...age_full/1281/ Sara said the link might not be active for much longer though so if it's gone sorry.

Rhonda - Fried Chicken Yea on only 1/2 piece of desert. You are on a roll. Did the storms hit you bad? It looked like they were headed to Toronto.

Coco - how was the cube steak? Is your weather due to break anytime soon. It's not as hot here today, now if the rain would stop.

Paula - On the loss.

Patti - That zucchini does sound good. Have fun wherever you're off to.

Well, time for me to finish my shopping list and head out to the store. Think I'm going to make corn chowder for dinner

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 04:12 PM   #55  

Height: 5' 10"

Just made Vickies banana muffins - omitted the walnuts to make then truly core. Got 18 good size muffins. They smell great, I'll try one for breakfast tomorrow. We are getting ready to go out to a pizza place for dinner. I'll get the spinach salad with grilled chicken.

Bye for now.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 05:38 PM   #56  

Hi All:

Perfect picnic...a storm hit just as we were deciding to leave. We all got wet, of course, but no one was upset about it. My godson and his partner held the picnic, and he proposed marriage to her in front of us all. She was completely surprised and just burst into tears. She just couldn't talk. So we all yelled at her "Just say yes, just say yes."! It was really sweet. They have been together for seven years and have the most adorable 2 year old boy (looks just like my godson!) We all think it's about time!!!

I caved in and ate three drumsticks!!! Wooow, too many calories, but every one of them was delicious. I won't have any supper that's for sure. I avoided the chips and dips and all the other fattening picnic stuff. I just glad that no one brought gooey desserts! I had fruit.

Tech, that's a great NSV for you. And, I count every step I take, even if it's not some kind of power walk. I know we need to move it and get the heart working. But, I also know some moving is better than none.

I hope everyone has a good evening. I'm going to go check out the site that Tech included.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:40 PM   #57  

The link was working...my, my...
Old 08-25-2007, 06:20 PM   #58  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Chickies. We've had another busy day. Looks like we may put the sign out tomorrow morning if not tonight. There's an open house down the street tomorrow so we're all thinking we need our sign out.

Another confession--yesterday/today I have not done well eatingwise. I will try to get in more . That will help a little.

Donna, thank you for posting the site. Those photos are awesome. Don't they look "other-worldly"? I tell you this has been a nightmare. I cam't imagine being among the evacuees.

Rhonda, I'm impressed you only ate chicken legs. You're making excellent choices.

Paula, I'll bet those muffins are fantastic. Vickie comes up with some excellent recipes.

Got to go. I'll try to stay out of too much trouble.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #59  

Hi Everyone
Just thought I would check in.
Not much happening here.
ONTARGET Glad you got everything done with the house. Did you get your sign out. How was the eating today. Mine not very good. Son brought me home some chinese food. Its rice with some grilled chicken and a little sauce. Didnt want to hurt his feelings. But the good news is. I only ate about half of it. I usually eat the whole thing. So told son he could have the rest later.
TECHALUM The cube steak turned out really good. And the way I fixed the zucchini was good to. I figured up the points for the sauce. It was 0 points for 1/2 a cup. The weather is suppose to break tomorrow. We are in a storm watch until midnight tonight. And the it is suppose to start cooling down. The humidity is suppose to go away. That will be a big help. We need some rain. I feel so sorry for those getting all that rain and the flooding. I will have to check out the website.
TEJAS Glad the picnic turned out well. And the wonderful surprise. As I told techalum. My eating wasnt good today either. But I cant dwell on it. Have to let it go. But I am within my points today.
BLESSEDWITHSARAH How was your dinner. I bet the muffins will be good. Hope you had a great evening.
P.A. I will have to try your zucchini recipe sometime. Have to get another zucchini. The sauce I used was 0 points for 1/2 cup. So guess that wasnt bad. Hope you had a great day.
Well I am going to get off here. And go check out the site about the fires Techalum gave.
Night
coco
Old 08-25-2007, 07:15 PM   #60  

OH MY!! Those poor people there.
Makes you wonder what is going on. With all the fires and the flooding going on. I feel so bad for them. Hope they get the fire under control soon.