Old 05-14-2007, 08:57 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Core Chat - May 14-20

New pages for a new week.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:01 AM   #2  

Happy Monday everyone. I need a new start this week. The scale is up and all I can say is I'm glad I don't have WW this week (our leader can't make the at work session). I don't know why, but when I have a few weeks between wi, I do so bad!!!!! UGH. Its like I have a free pass to do what I want.

Well, today is a new start for me. I have my core breakfast (pumpkin bread) and then for lunch I made tomato soup yesterday. I did not drink much water over the past few days, I know that is not helping things either. So, back OP in a big way today.

How is everyone doing???

Hope everyone had a nice weekend and a happy day yesterday (for all the mom's out there!).
Old 05-14-2007, 11:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Morning All:

Well, after ages of not losing a thing, I lost one pound. I believe it is because I went back to counting points, writing it all down, and drinking more water. So it goes...

I am not a biological mom (regrettably) but I have lots of friends' children who received a lot of affection from me over the years. Some of them called me yesterday, and what a treat that was. One of my NEW step daughters even thought to include me in the Happy Mother's Day greetings...that was especially sweet.

I've got a long day ahead (what else is new!?). I hope eveyone does well. I'm going out to a celebration tonight, and that is going to present some challenges. I'll be strong

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi all,

Thanks for the new pages Paula!

How sweet to get all those call Rhonda - sending you good vibes for tonight - we know you can be strong - congrats on losing that pound - way to go!

Angela - I am so impressed with your intensive gardening - I am itching to plant here but it's still a bit nippy in the evenings - usually by beginning of June it's pretty safe. I am astounded that my garden/landscaping I did in the front of the house last summer is coming back nicely - I think I lost one silver mound - but otherwise everything is turning green and budding! This year will add the plants (perennials and some annuals) for more color!

Well to say I overindulged on Mother's day is an understatement - first there was breakfast in bed served by little ds and dd - eggs/toast/ fruit, tea. Then off to the mother's day tea - where I inhaled several cakes, fruit and mousse - and coffee. Then to Red Lobster for dinner w/kids - luckily there was an hour wait - as I actually was not even hungry when we got there.

Dh was in a nasty mood - due to back pain he claims - very attacking of my kids (on mother's day no less) so I had a 'chat' with him about not spoiling my day - so for the rest of the meal he did not speak a word - might as well have left him at home!

Home today - I had a bad night - was up at 2:30 am of course tossing, turning and worrying about anything and everything - went to the little couch in our bedroom and around 4 am started to doze off when those @#$##$ birds started their incessant chirping - loud and frequent. So around 4:30 am I went downstairs to the family room - and I think I eventually fell asleep there - ending up with a crick in my neck of course.

Woke up at 7 feeling like crap with a headache and head full of cotton balls so decided to stay home and sleep some more. Still in my jammies - trying to drink more water to get rid of everything I ate yesterday (ya right!). Kids have dentist appt this pm so hopefully dh will be taking them - maybe I shall have a nap later?

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #5  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

Height: 5'5

Good afternoon ladies!
How was everyone's weekend? Mine was busy.I went to a Mother's day potluck at my aunt's house up north.The othing thing core there was the salad ,so needless to say! I never eat all that good food so I overindulged! No guilt tho I'm on all non core today except for my 100 calorie pack after dinner which I already worked for
I made this delish soup which was 99% core It called for 1/2 breadcrumbs for the meatballs but I used 1/2 instant oatmeal.It is soo good.I will freeze some away! here is the recipe.Let me know if someone has trouble seeing it I will PM it to you!
I finally went to see that new leader on Saturday mornings and she was wonderful,funny and warm and she follows Core.So I finally found my new meeting! I lost 1.6 was very surprised so now I know my scale is virtually useless!
Hope everyone is doing well!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Meatball Soup.jpg (32.9 KB, 16 views)
TikiOnADiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:12 PM   #6  
Card Carrying Princess

Thanks for the recipe - it is too tiny for me to read but might I suggest adding it to our core recipe board for everyone to enjoy? Thanks Tiki and congrats again on your loss!

Frouf
Old 05-14-2007, 01:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 310/237/180

Height: 5'9"

Hello Chickies !
I had a great day yesterday , My Dh Spoiled me rotten and we did clothes shopping, a new hair cut and dinner . I also recieved a beautiful windchime ! I collect them and this one lights up definatly staying in my home ! lol

Today I am soooo proud of myself , went grocery shopping all core food for me Then I joined a gym and did a whole upper body workout with weights. I worked bi ceps , tri ceps , chest, back , shoulders, obliques, abs. Then I walked and ran the track for 1.5 miles. I then wanted to walk the readmill so I did at a 5 incline for 15 minutes I really missed the gym and my workouts so this was so GREAT !
I am also taking pilates and Zumba next week . The babe 4 yrs old loved the daycare . So all is good .
I hope everyone has an awsome day !
Ginas going 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:58 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

hey there, chickie-poos. it's a glorious day in western montana. i have finished planting and transplanting. now i'm watering and waiting to go to . i think i have enough energy left to splash around.

curtis and i had a great core lunch. he got excited when he got to check off 4 veggies on his journal. it's so much fun--and refreshing-to see his enthusiasm. he's a new convert for sure.

paula, is that pumpkin bread recipe listed here? i'd like to make it.

rhonda, you steel magnolia you. you'll do fine tonight. congratulations on losing that pound. don't you feel greeat just seeing those scales starting to move? i know i do when mine do. i'm glad you had a good mother's day. i used to feel like i was mother to a lot of students. it's a good feeling, isn't it?

frouf, i'm sorry dh was such a butt yesterday. i hope your headache's better now. it's good that you can take off work when you need to.

oops! i just got bumped offline. i'm redialing now. my son told how to go about getting dsl. that's the plan now. i'll be calling qwest today or tomorrow.

tiki, congrats on being down 1.6 lbs. that's a good loss. sounds like you've dusted yourself off and are back op. way to go!

wow, gina! you're awesome!!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:47 PM   #9  

Froufy, I hope you took a nap! I guess we're going to have to come and sit on DH instead of that woman who hit you in the car!

Tiki and Gina, congrats on your efforts.

Sandra, I'm so happy for your gardening...I think it will be another few days before I get out there again. There is much to do!

Paula, good luck this week...and thanks for starting the pages for our new week.

I wasn't awful at dinner tonight, but I certainly don't have many points to spare for the rest of the week. But, all in all, I didn't have dessert, and I didn't eat too much bread!

night all,
Rhonda
Old 05-15-2007, 06:49 AM   #10  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

Height: 5'5

Morning chickies!

Rhonda congrats on the pound gone! I know with flex that was a huge problem for me.I always thought I didnt have to write it down and I can keep score in my head..nope! Good for you for getting back to the basics!
Frouf sorry your DH was a jerk! Next time leave at home! As for overdulging-I went there too! OMG but I never get my families cooking so it was such a treat,I had a little bit of everything and the scale reflected it lol I swear whenevr I do well a holiday comes around!
Paula glad your getting a fresh start.After my weekend I really needed it too!
Gina woohooo look at you go at the gym with ur bad self lol Good for you for joining and i'm glad the baby like hanging out there.At our local Y its gorgeous and the indoor playroom looks something out of a storybook its probbaly why its so expensive.I would soo love to join tho,Jim says why would you pay when you can do it at home? I'm like "We only have an elliptical machine" dont get me I'm totally grateful for it.but it gets boring sometimes ya know? If I had a treadmill i'd be on that baby everyday! I love walking.
which reminds for mother's day I asked for the WW pedometer,OMG I love it it was so easy to program-in english! its really nice and very accurate!
I wrote out that recipe for the Core Meatball Soup and it said the thread is old i had to chek off something? Lost it! grr I will try again today.I have a playdate today with my girlfriend from up north.she has 4yr old twins so it will be nice for them together with my dd.Shes bringing me my bridemaids dress for her wedding.Im exited to try it on,I was 24lbs heavier when I was measured to it so this will be a nice indication clothes why how I'm doing!
hope everyone has a great OP
BTW I was totally perfect besides my coffee yesterday ALL Core,havent had a day like that before!
TikiOnADiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 310/237/180

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning chicks
I am sore as heck today ......my poor abs and legs ! lol
I will do a light workout today . Just cardio 45 minutes
We have a game tonight but it looks like rain . Well see how the weather goes.
I cleaned out my closet and organized my clothes last night . I could not sleep ....still adjusting to the med increase I guess.
I am feeling bloated today and avoided the scale. I will drink extra water today and stay 100% On plan !!!
I Wish everyone a GREAT day !
Ginas going 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:21 AM   #12  

Gina, I cleaned closets on Sunday, and what a chore to do! Here in Toronto we can have all four seasons in one day, so it's a big step to put the winter clothes away. Just have to decide that if it gets cold again, you'll be cold, that's all!

I've decided that my goal this week will be to lose another pound. I'm thinking about what I can cut out and still have a reasonable number of calories a day. I have no desire to be hungry

Have a good day everyone!

Rhonda
Old 05-15-2007, 08:55 AM   #13  

Good morning everyone. I had a good OP day yesterday. I was at an off site meeting which I had some fruit and small pieces of cheese - maybe an ounce. We then had a dinner at which I had grilled lamb, baked pot and broccoli. My scale is moving downward!!! That for me is so motivating.

Congrats to Tiki and Rhonda on your losses and to Gina for all the exercise. Great job!

Frouf, how are you feeling? I hope things improve.

Sandra, I'll check to see if the pumpkin bread receipe is here, if no, I'll post it.

Well, need to get some laundry done and then get Sarah ready for gymnastics at 11:15. Not much else planned for today. Its supposed to be 80 today, right now its 55 and cloudy. Lets hope for sunshine soon!

BBL
Old 05-15-2007, 11:34 AM   #14  
Card Carrying Princess

Hi chickies,

Back at work today - a bit rainy today and much cooler but the sun is sure trying to peek out!

At least I can say I slept thru most of the night - altho I am still a bit tired! Trying to hang on - not feeling great tho so I am seriously considering upping the dosage of my medication - will wait a few more days first - but then I might try it.

As for overindulging - let's just say the scale is not my friend today - but back at work is helpful as I am usually more in control and I took some halibut out of the freezer for dinner so there is a PLAN!

Rhonda - can you come do my closets too? Our walk-in is a disaster - seems to be a catch all for everything (in addition to clothing) when we can't find a spot for it! Good luck on your next lb - and definitely no need to go hungry!

Gina - good idea not to overdo those muscles and give them a rest - so if it rains is game cancelled? When my kids played soccer it was on rain or shine (UGH!)

Paula - have fun with your friend on the play date - I bet that dress will be swimming on you - how motivating that will be!

We have a long weekend coming up here in Canada (monday off - Victoria Day) and I am really looking forward to it - I am even considering taking Friday off to make it 4 days in a row! Not sure if I can garden as the temps are still pretty low at night - but the Tulip Festival is on and it's fun to go see them and walk around and enjoy the people and the sights.

Awaiting next dance competition schedule for Brockville - looks like dd won't be dancing jun 1st (and she is thrilled cuz she can now go on school field trip to Montreal) - so the rest of the weekend will be spent away from home again! Then dress rehearsal and recital and it's all over for a while - YIPPEE!

Frouf
Old 05-15-2007, 07:36 PM   #15  

Hi Everyone
Sorry I havent been on for awhile. Have missed all of you.
Got a new puter. Finally got it all set up. Now just to learn all about it. So different from the one I had. Also got dsl. So hope that will help with the other problems that I had before when posting here.
I will have to go and read the threads.
I hope everyone has been doing good.
I lost 1/2 a pound last night.
Well I am going to get off here for now.
Just thought I would check in.
So everyone have a great evening.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote