Old 03-12-2007, 09:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Core Chat March 12-19

Hi All:

I've started new pages, but there is a post from Vickie and a post from Coco today on last week's thread. Don't forget to catch up.

I see, Sandra, it's the avatar. I thought that you had sent us a picture of yourself in your long coat!

Vickie, it sounds like you had a fabulous day yesterday. That's wonderful, and congratulations on the eating.

I don't know if I mentioned it, but yesterday we rented a storage space to move some of the stuff out of here that we want to have but don't have space for here. I hope this isn't my stuff owning me, instead of vice versa. I did do a serious culling of things.

DH has said that he will move it. It's mostly boxes of stuff, but I don't want to have to pick up a thing. I hope when I get home from work that some of the stuff is gone. I'm tired of boxes in the DR.

So, I'll be back later and see how everyone's doing. Have a good Core day.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:06 AM   #2  

Well I thought I would check back in.
And then I saw the new thread. Sorry I posted on the other.
But was going by the date.
Well I am going to get off here.
Going to go get ready to go to town.
Need to go get dog food, people food, drugstore.
And also Wal Mart. I am really excited about what Patti has been telling us about Dr.Oz's book. Maybe this is what I need to get motivated again.
But if I would follow Dr. Oz. Is it ok to still post on here.
Hope so.
But the way it sounds. It sounds similar to core.
Well have a great day.
Will let you know if I get my book. And how weigh in went.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:42 PM   #3  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi everyone,

Posting from lobby of Tampa hotel while I wait for airport shuttle (3 pm flight).

Vickie - I CANNOT BEGIN TO TELL YOU HOW MUCH I ENJOYED WICKED! It was breathtaking and amazing - funnier than I thought it would be - the staging and visuals were fantastic. Glinda was EXCELLENT -a true 10/10- Elphaba was excellent but after listening to idina menzel on my CD for so long I felt she missed the mark a couple of times (9.5/10)- I was definitely crying when they sang 'for good' and thought of you.

After the show we were walking around looking for cab and happened upon the stage door where all the 'groupies' were hanging out - so we stood there and saw many of the 'stars' come by - they were so nice - signing autographs and taking pictures with their fans. Ray got some pics on his camera phone.

I am so hungry as I am used to eating large quantities of food every 2 hours - dare I get on the scale when I get home? What a shock that will be! Weather here is glorious and I sat out for about 1 hr and caught the last rays of warm sunshine.

Then had to repack the big bag yet again - yes I was 6 lbs over the 50 lb limit on the last flight but the nice airport lady did not charge me anything - so I know tried to redistribute and hope I did a good job!

Will have lunch at the tampa airport and probably dinner in chicago airport - have about a 1 hr 20 min connection time if all goes well! Should be home around 10 pm - and do plan to go to work tomorrow altho I am still very tired from all my cruise partying - ha ha ha

Will post more about the cruise when I get home.

Happy belated birthday Niki.

Angela - something about stitches for your little one! Hope all is well now!

Rhonda - is your weather also warming up? We are expecting some nice weather in Ottawa this week.

Patti - you are doing so well - congrats - and thanks for continuing the lose to cruise thread - what a great idea!

Kathy - hocus pocus - hope you will magically make an appearance pretty soon!

Okay - last bathroom visit then time to find the airport shuttle lady.

Take care!

Travelling Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:26 PM   #4  
Donna

Hi All,

Well, I've been on a bender for the last few days. It started Thursday with skipping breakfast then going to McD's and DairyQueen and ordering Pizza for dinner. Friday was slightly better, then Saturday I had a huge headache that lasted all day and my eating stank. Yesterday was a little better but not great, so today I'm feeling ichy and dehydrated from too little water/non-nutritional food/too little exercise . I know better than this, what was I thinking????????

Ok, I feel better for putting that in writing. Let's hope I can turn this around starting now.

No not hope I AM GOING TO TURN THIS AROUND AND GET BACK ON TRACK!

Patti - Congrats on the new chickie that is exciting. I liked the tips, didn't sound preachy at all.

Nicki - Congrats on your loss too.

Rhonda - Sorry about the fall, hope you're felling ok. And I live about as close to the city as my DH could probably handle. I actually grew up out in farm country (even though it's now a suburb and there are McMansions growing in the fields) and my family thinks this is the City. The thing is our garage is detached and at the back of the yard and since I park in the garage we have to shovel all the way back. Plus let's not forget the dogs who forget where the grass is when it snows and use the deck and driveway, so both have to be cleared.

Vickie - Your posts always make me smile. Doing the best we can is sometimes all we can do, even if it's not perfect. Enjoy the warm weather while you can cold weathers coming back.....

Sandra - the new avitar threw me, I used the old one to identify you, but it's really cute. Glad Curtis is home and your enjoying being together.

Frouf - I can't believe your cruise is already over. Soon you will be back in the land of the north. Glad you had a good time.

I have a quick question:

We got a new scale yesterday and this one does body fat % and H2O%, I've never seen the H2O #s before. Do any of you have one? And what do the #'s mean? The directions had some average ranges, which I was low on (read above rant), but I'm not sure how to take it.

Oh well, I've gotta go grab lunch.

bbl,
Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:05 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

hi there. we're having another laid back day. it's amazing how physically tired we are from last week. i'm still in the process of getting paperwork done and in to the olympic center for the national records i set with the longbow. i have until thursday to get everything done. what i'm waiting on is a signed by the judge copy of my scores. (i think they are coming in via my email box right now.) (hope so)

frouf, i can't wait to hear all about your cruise. i'm still in the lead for the national championship with my compound. i am in 2nd with the longbow but have set 2 national records for women 60+. three other venues are left to post. nine have already posted their results. we should know final results by wed or thurs.

vickie, your day yesterday sounds fabulous. i can tell you had a good time with your friends. i'm so glad you and jim got to go help celebrate.

patti, i'm thinking of getting the book now, too.

the paperwork just got here. i have to go! i'll be back later to finish reading/posting.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:32 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

i'm back. all paperwork is complete. also, all but one venue has turned in results. we should know the final results soon. hopefully tomorrow.

rhonda, did you call me today and leave a voice message? someone did but i couldn't hear the name. i'm thinking it's either you or a friend from near waco who i shot with this winter.

donna, i well understand binges. i'm on the brink of one now. i am sooooo excited with all the scores coming in. plus, i let myself go too long without eating 2 times today. not good when you're supposed to eat small amounts every 2-3 hours. i need to go edit my today's menu on the challenge thread.

i'm proud of you for getting back op. we all have those binges every now and then.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:39 PM   #7  

Evening Everyone!!
Well weigh in went better than I thought. I lost the 2 1/5 that I gained last week.
And I also got my Dr Oz book. They only had 2 left. Now there is only one.

VICKIE I thumbed through it a little at Wal Mart. The pictures I saw just put me in mind of a cartoon type thing. Didnt look like it would be too bad.

FROUFY WELCOME HOME!!!! Missed you.

ONTARGET How was your scores you were waiting on. Hope they were good. I am sure they were.

TECHALUM I have been on a bender for a year now. So understand how you feel. I am hoping things are starting to turn around for me also. And all of you on this board. Has really helped me. Everyone is so good here. And they know exactly how I feel. Because they have either been where I am. Or are struggling just like me. And they support is just great. I dont know what I would do without all you ladies.

Well I better get off here. Just wanted to check in.
So hope everyone had a great day.
Looking forward to starting to read my new book. And maybe some new inspriation and motivation.
NIGHT
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:45 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

congratulations : coco. that's a good loss. my scores are still holding up. only one more site to report now.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:52 PM   #9  
Melissa

Hi there long lost friends,
I hope that all of you are doing well. Please accept my sincere apologies for not being a supportive friend and posting here. I've been gone too long.
I'm really trying to make some positive changes and things have been busy. I didn't go to weigh-in today because DH and I spent the afternoon together, but I plan to go tomorrow. It won't be pretty. But I'm down 6# since I started going to meetings. 7 weeks to lose 6# sounds like a looong time, but I guess it's progress, right?
Anyway, I hope that you all are doing well. It seems like its been fairly quiet around here.
Kathy, I hope that you can come back soon. Miss you!
Sandra, you sound so excited. I hope that everything is working out the way you want. How are things going, podna? Forgive me for not being around.
Frouf, be careful coming home! Can't wait to hear all about it.
Vickie, how are you doing, friend?
Rhonda, it sounds like you have been busy!
I know I'm nowhere near being caught up but I just wanted to say hi and that I miss you all. I haven't given up, in fact DH and I are starting anew (for the 1000th time!) tomorrow.
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:54 PM   #10  

OK, just get off the bender..that's all.

I don't even know who Dr. Oz is!!!??? Somebody enlighten me.

Long day....back later, or not!

Rhonda
Old 03-12-2007, 09:55 PM   #11  

well, no one to enlighten me about Dr. Oz....ok, I'll have to wait!

Congrats Melissa on the loss....

Good to hear from you Frouf...

Rhonda
Old 03-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #12  

Sorry Rhonda,,,I didnt mean to keep you in suspense..I just checked in now. Dr Oz is a heart doctor who Oprah had on her show this year...he and Dr Roizen(another heart dr.) are on PBS right now during thier fund raising drive if you want to check it out. . They have a really good book out called You on a Diet..but its anything but a diet book. I could go on and on about this..and have...haha.
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:45 AM   #13  
focused and aiming

howdy, long lost podna!! it's about time you came back. six lbs is a good loss. if you hadn't been going to ww and doing program, you prob would have gained 6, so in a way it's like losing 12. (that's the way i figure things, anyway.)

i'm hanging in there. today was rough. patti, it was that sugar stuff. i had 2 granola bars. i think that set me off like you were talking about yesterday. i made it, though. whew! prob used a few wpa's, but it could have been much much worse.

rhonda, google the title of the book and you'll find the website that's loaded with info. that book sounds pretty good. i got an e from my gf in tx. she was the one who called. mystery solved.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:34 AM   #14  

Good morning ladie, thank you all for the birthday wishes, I had a really nice time at dinner. My ds was so funny, his night out is usually Friendly's or Applebees, the restaurant we went to was a little bit fancy, it had candles on the tables and no booths took over a hour to get our food, everything was made fresh, so ds was just in awe and says this is the best place ever(lol),I must say they both behaved so well considering we were in the restaurant for 2 1/2 hours. I will check back in a bit, need to get ds ready for school.
thingirlinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:20 AM   #15  

Hi ladies...I'm here, just been busy with stuff. My sister and her hubby moved up here last week, and now he has to go on a 5-day business trip, just 2 days after they've moved in. Plus, they're getting some work done on their new house, so currently it doesn't have hot water or even running water in the kitchen. And then my sister started throwing up yesterday morning (their 2nd wedding anniversary), and her hubby will be gone for her birthday later this week! Crazy. Anyway, so I've been trying to help her out.

The good news is, dh has somewhat of a job interview today. It's with an IT recruiting firm, but the position they're considering him for is a long-term contract at a very nice, well-known company here, so it might be good. Fingers are crossed. Today he has to endure a "going away lunch" the people at work are throwing for him. I don't think most people there know the situation of his leaving. Should be quite uncomfortable for him, I'm guessing.

Well, time for me to meal plan, and get out to the grocery store. The weather the last few days has been absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Today the high is supposed to be 70. I'm loving it. Of course, 30's are predicted for later in the week, but at least this nice weather will give us some hope of what will come.

Later,
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote