Old 03-05-2007, 09:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default :carrot: Core Chat for March 5-12

New pages for us!

And, what are the big questions of the week? Did Frouf make it to her cruise? Did Sandra get through the mountain passes allright? Has "Little Stitches" been back to the ER? Stay tuned!!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:20 AM   #2  

hmmm..I thought I was being cute putting a carrot in the title, but it didn't turn out that way, and I can't seem to delete it! Oh well, first mishap of the day.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:26 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I don't know what I'm going to do today. I think I'll just straighten up my house.

Kathy, I have a ton of wall paper to remove. Wanna come help?

Rhonda, what's up with you today?

Frouf and Sandra.....please check in!

Angela, I hope you have a VERY quiet day today.

Cassie my Scottie is having a bath and a haircut this morning and Honey Lamb is out looking for Tab at a cheap price. I'm going to go eat breakfast now and decide what I'm going to do with the rest of my day.

Have a great on program day!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:54 PM   #4  

Good afternoon ladies, since we are on the topic of Pediatricians, well I visited mine this morning. Ds has been running a high fever since last night, he has a throat infection. My pediatrician knows me very well also, my kids are very friendly with the receptionist, they know her very well.
Have to make beds and tidy up the house, hopefully the kiddies will take a nap since ds & I were up at all hours, I am pretty tired.

Kathy & Angela I also will not let my kids out of my sight, it is funny because I am the only one my neighbors trust to watch there kids, they call me hawk eye because I always have my eyes on my kids. My 3 brothers & I use to play outside by ourselves, we never left the block. I would never let my kids out by themselves this day & age.

Rhonda I am staying tuned!

Hi Vickie how are you feeling? My moods seem to be better, thank you for your concern.
thingirlinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:15 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I'm having a great on program day. It has been a lazy one though since we spent the day catching up on TV on the dvr. Tomorrow I'll go out and do something adventurous.

So shouldn't Sandra be home by now? Where are you GF?

Niki, poor DS! I hate when my throat is sore. Did he get drugs to help him get better or did the Doctor think it was viral?

Rhonda, thanks for the new pages.

Where are all the enthusiastic newbies?

I'm off to have my Chipotle burrito bowl for dinner. Have a great evening Chicks.

Last edited by Vickie; 03-05-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:15 PM   #6  

Maybe we oldies are scaring off the newbies???

Anyway, my day was rather humdrum. I am still not finished with the never-ending report, so I did more on that. I went to the union office, which is being renovated. We moved into the suite next door, and going to work feels like being at home...messy while the work is being done.

I stayed OP mostly but haven't done any exercise. I think two more days for my ankle, knee and leg to heal should do it. Then, I will get moving.

We have really cold weather again, with more snow. March is truly coming in like a lion, or did I say that already? I'm ready for the first robin to appear. I'll let you know, for sure.

Where oh where are our travellers!?

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 03-06-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:39 PM   #7  

Vickie, the pediatrician gave him a antibiotic, his fever has gone down , it is now low grade will see if it goes up later, but I will keep him home from school tomorrow. It is suppose to get extremely cold tonight and his class is going on a field trip, I hate for him to have to miss it but I would rather not have him go out in the cold.
thingirlinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:52 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

1. I have given up on the board and trying to load pages. I just don't have the patience to spend 15 minutes trying to access the site. So I'm out.

2. To my chickies for whom I had an address, I sent you a little something yesterday.

3. It has been as busy as can be around here. I haven't stopped for a second in 48 hours and there's no end in sight. I am determined to get this house ready to show -- we're selling in two years and moving to the TCU area in Fort Worth. We've picked out the range of blocks and now have to watch for houses to come available. Most were built in the 1930-40s and have been meticulously maintained. It's just where we want to go so we're preparing. Thank goodness MIL is a realtor.

4. Eating is on track with whole foods and things are holding steady. No reason why I can't be between 130-135 very soon because it has been relatively easy to go from mid-140s to high 130s in just a few weeks. Why I didn't do it before is still a mystery.

5. Everybody have a great week / month / spring-summer / year. Who knows when I'll either find time to come back, or muster up the patience it takes. It's not anything I'm doing because it happens whether at home or work. I don't have the time to waste on it anymore.
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:28 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Bummer, Kathy! I certainly understand your frustration though. Something similar was happening to me a couple of weeks ago. I wrote to Suzanne and she modified something and it's been great for me since then. I wish you nothing but the best of luck. I know you'll achieve your goal.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:45 AM   #10  
focused and aiming

i'm hommmmmmmmme. we had a good trip down last thursday. bry went with us. i won't go into long details but i'll say that none of us shot as well as we'd hoped. (do we ever?) curtis was able to finish both days. so was i. i shot compound first round each day then longbow the 2nd. it wound up being 10 hours shooting each day for me. i tell you--it was long long days.

i'm watching scores coming in now from around the nation. 6 of the venues have reported in so far. there are 6 more to be shot next weekend. we'll probably know complete national results in about 10 or so days.

do know i have already been outscored in longbow. i'm not surprised even though i did shoot higher than last year's winning score. this year the winning score is much higher. i literally went to pot yesterday afternoon. exhaustion took over. i even stood on the line and cried at the end. (no men or women longbow shooters but me.) in fact, i was the only one shooting yesterday afternoon that didn't have a sight on my bow. and i was the only one stupid enough to shoot both rounds each day.

even though i was exhausted, i loved shooting the longbow and want to train more with it for next year. i'm thinking i will not shoot the compound for the naa style tournament but will shoot the longbow for it and the compound for the nfaa (louisville)style shooting. i don't know curtis' feelings about this yet. (and he's my coach.) he said yesterday that if he'd realized i was going to have to shoot for 10 hours each day, he'd never have let me do it. when we were shooting those long day tournaments in texas last winter, i'd shoot 6 hours, and i thought that was long. this was a marathon.

i hardly ever drink but i had 2 texas-sized margaritas at dinner last night. i don't know how many points but i don't care. tomorrow am i am op for sure.

curtis was in a tremendous amount of pain. i'm glad he's going to have this whole week off from shooting. he called a few minutes ago from the olympic training center in colo springs. he was walking in to his first meeting with kisik lee, our new head olympic archery coach. meetings will run daily till sat am. curtis flies home afterwards. this week will be good for him. he needs something to give him a boost. i feel very very sad that he's in so much pain all the time.

tomorrow am i am back to going to w a; back op; back cleaning house; and back online more. i am ready to work on the new me. do you think curtis will be surprised when he sees me sat? by the way, i had worried and worried that my new khaki pants would be too small--they swallowed me! i ate healthily the whole trip except for those 2 drinks last night. (i had a little food celebration here at home tonight, though.) (confession is good for the soul.)

kathy, i hope you can come around more. we need you.

rhonda, i have probs with the smileys sometimes, too. who is "little stitches"? i'm behind!

vickie, you're sounding like your old self again. now that makes me smile for sure.

enthusiastic newbies? where are you?

nikki, i hope ds is better.

well, it's late. i'm putting off going to bed, i guess. maybe i'll give up and call it a day. i'll see ya tomorrow.

Last edited by ontarget; 03-06-2007 at 01:09 AM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:37 AM   #11  

Sandra, glad you made it home, and congrats on the "swimming khakis." 10 hours a day would be grueling - glad you made it through!

"Little Stitches" is my youngest dd...she had a run-in with the corner of a wall, and the wall won.

And it never rains but it pours...the water pump is going out in dh's car, so we have to find a way to get it repaired fairly cheaply. Sigh.

All in all though, things are going well. Time to get the little ones ready for school.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:48 AM   #12  

Morning All:

Kathy, we're going to miss you...so, come back and visit us. I love the TCU area. DH and I looked there last summer as we were just dreaming about where to live in a few years. I imagine we'll be in Denton, but I could be your neighbor! How scarey is that

Sandra, 10 hours of archery is ridiculous. Who makes those decisions anyway? They should be fired, period, fullstop, no argument. That is too much. I'm glad you had the Margarita party! Maybe Curtis should have a few of them. Looking forward to hearing about the "new" you. And, congrats on the khaki pants.

I've got a long day here in Toronto, so I won't be back during the day. We had quite a story here yesterday. The CN tower downtown is the world's tallest free-standing structure. It was built in the mid-70's and for the first time it iced over and chuncks of ice were being blown off the side by gale force winds. The police closed blocks of downtown and a major artery into and out of the city. It was a huge mess, as you might imagine. It is frigid again. Right now it is hovering between 4 and 5 F. Mercy!

Rhonda
Old 03-06-2007, 09:04 AM   #13  
focused and aiming

angela, walls usually win, don't they? i'll bet dd's been showing off her needlework. what a "show and tell" she's had! ouch! water pumps go out at the worst times. i guess there really isn't a good time, though, but i know this is not something ya'll are wanting to have to deal with now.

kathy, i forgot to tell you that i love the TCU area, too. i'm a frog through and through. those homes are spectacular. you'll have a lot of fun decorating, doing yard work, and probably golfing.

rhonda, i was the only one foolish enough to do the 10 hours this weekend. most folks came in and competed in one event. i'm a glutton for punishment. i have the same problem with eating--don't know when enough is enough. curtis did have a margarita. i'm going to push him to go to the doctor when he gets home. i'm worried about his taking so much pain meds. that can't be good on his system.

that's scary about the ice chunks blowing off that building. i hope you get some warmer weather soon. it's 50ish here today. i'm ready for it. don't work too hard today.

i'm up early and am trying out bry's eating plan. i'll work it into ww, of course. what he does is--he eats every 2 hours. he has about 500-600 calories 3 times a day for meals and snacks 200-300 calories. he says he eats small amounts but often. that has shrunk his stomach, kept his metabolism up, given him energy, and caused the weight to drop. i'll have to make adjustments to be op but i think i can do this.

i haven't gone for groceries yet so we're out of milk, bread, and most other foods. i had a peach at 6 am so i'm good till 8. after 8 i'll go buy groceries. i'll let you know how this works for me.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:59 AM   #14  

Woo Hoo! I'm happy because I went to weigh-in this morning, and my Lifetime status is safe for another month. I really wasn't sure, because I have not been paying attention to my eating (since I've been stressed out of my mind), and I've been sick, and TOM is looming. But, I squeaked by and am safe. It's especially great since I don't have the $$ to spend on meeting fees now.

Anyway, thought I'd share that victory with you all.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:00 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

angela!!!! i am so happy for you. very impressive especially with all your stress.