Old 02-19-2007, 11:24 PM   #16  
Melissa

Hey girls. Just checking in to say hi and good night. I wanted to let you all know that I went to weigh-in and was up .4. I'm calling it a maintain. After losing almost 5# last week and not eating very well this week I'm surprised it isn't worse news.
I hope that you are all well. Kathy, I saw that you aren't feeling good, I hope you are better by now.
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:00 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning All:

Well, it was officially announced yesterday about my new position at work. I don't start until July 1, but the "deed is done" now.

I lost 1/2 pound over the week. That's not much, but it's just enough to kick start me I think. I liked the look of that scale going down. As I mentioned, I get to stay at home this week more than I usually do, and that always helps me control my intake and have more time to MOVE!

The first thing I have to do today is go grocery shopping because the cupboard is almost bare.

Then, I'm patching holes in the walls that DH took the wallpaper off. He didn't make the holes; one wall was just a mess. It's probably original from the 1920's, and I'm NOT replacing it. The new wallpaper can hold it up!

I do have to go into the office for a bit to meet about some matters, but I don't have to stay long. We are renovating our union office, and I also have to throw some stuff in boxes for our temporary relocation while the workers come in to tear down walls, etc. All in a day's work, as they say.

Hope everyone has an OP day. Stay warm; it's finally above freezing here.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:02 AM   #18  

Yes, Kathy, get well.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:02 AM   #19  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Quote:
There's a PSE Recurve (Buckeye) that's right at $100 and by the time I added some accessories, I'd still be within my planned budget.
Cute bow Kathy - but does it come in pink???

Hope you do not have food poisoning and are feeling better? (what did you eat?). Have you taken anything?

Rhonda - have fun patching up the walls - I bet that will also burn some calories. congrats on getting rid of that 1/2 lb!!

Melissa - good job at maintaining this week!

Sandra - you archery maniac - I bet you will do fantastic at your upcoming tournament given your dedicated practicing - you go girl!!! We are all rooting for you!

Vickie - you do not need any MORE stress - if sending back the laptop makes you feel better so be it! I'm sure you'll find something else if you really need to!

Got some VERY BAD NEWS yesterday (and in an email no less) - my brother who lives in Florida emailed me to tell me his wife and he are probably splitting up! I am devastated and very sad about this. Of course it was an unusual match (she is 20 yrs younger than him - wants a baby - he has a child from previous marriage and a vasectomy!!). Seems she is running with the 'big boys' (she is in major real estate in Florida - meets with many young handsome 30 something millionaires who are hitting on her daily - she is a GORGEOUS woman - like size 2 model - and an athlete to boot - triathlons, tennis, etc). Told him she is no longer attracted to him (and while's he is almost 52 he is in great shape - also a marathon runner)....I really feel for him. Sounds like they might be going for counselling (which I highly encouraged) and then my brother mentions going off to Russia? (not sure if he is kidding or not - we are of european descent - he was born there!).

Anyhow - I was bummed out all afternoon - and on the way home in the car I did start crying a bit - did not feel like exercising at all - but decided it was in my best interest to do so. So when I got home I bounded up the stairs, quickly changed into my workout clothes and popped my richard simmons dvd into the machine. Poor dh was very confused as he was starting to prepare dinner (chicken fajitas). Told him to go ahead - cook and eat - I would be down shortly.

The exercise really helped me feel better - then while dd danced (dh out jamming) ds and I went to the movies (yes popcorn and diet coke) and saw Music & Lyrics (Drew Barrymore, Hugh Grant) - extremely CUTE movie - I loved it - left me with a nice warm feeling.

I did not sleep well either - well I did until 4:30 am (when dh was up and down) - then I was up and down and on the couch and in bed....tossed and turned til around 6:30 am - then of course freaked out when the alarm when off. Stayed in bed a while but finally made it to work by 9:15....I am exhausted.

Now I am not entirely cured of my cold either. Half the night was spent blowing my nose - still lots of mucus - but what is really bothering me is my ear pops every time I blow my nose? I don't think this is good - probably fluid in the ear? Need to get rid of that before it morphs into something bad. Has anyone ever flown with an earache or infection? I have and it is one of the most painful experiences of my life! Took a decongestant this morning (sudafed) to try to get rid of any lingering fluid.

Back to work....

Froufie
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:14 AM   #20  

Hi ladies. Sorry I've been quiet for the last week or so. I've just had a lot to do and think about.

Dh finally got let go from his job last week. We kind of knew it was coming and have been planning since November, but still, it's scary. They're being pretty accomodating, and have given him till March 15th there, and let him have any time off he needs for interviewing/job hunting. He's understandably shaken about this, and I'm trying to be upbeat and positive. It's hard. He's a computer guy, basically, and the job opportunities in that field are kind of limited here now, especially since he doesn't have a college degree. (He has severe learning disabilities that make school VERY difficult and sometimes impossible for him.) Anyway, I guess I'm most concerned about health insurance. I know dh won't pay for COBRA (an option where you can continue purchasing your insurance, but at a higher rate). We can put the kids on state-assisted insurance, but we won't be covered, unless he finds a job before then. It's just all pretty scary, and I'm really on edge.

So, any well-wishes or prayers sent our direction would be good.

I am attempting to keep hard-Core this week, and the sugar monster is really trying to get me. But here's an amazing NSV...I made cookies for dh and the family the other day and I haven't had ANY!

I'm off to make the weekly menu plan.

Later,
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:28 AM   #21  

Height: 5'7"

Angela, I'm very sorry to hear that! for you all. I hope things work out without too much stress involved. Probably too late for that though, huh? That's a great NSV about the cookies. My dd made some chocolate chips cookies over the weekend and I just noticed that they were all gone. I don't like them so it didn't bother me but I wonder if Judd ate the rest of them?

I'm awake and thinking about getting up to go to work. I need to do some major getting ready though, like shower and wash/dry hair, then stop by the store to get something to take to the luncheon. The chocolate fountain is out because I'm not going to take the chance on cutting up a bunch of fruit and handling other peoples' food, just in case I have something that is communicable. I doubt I do, but would rather be safe. I'll take it in at a later date.

Looks like Judd is still home as well. He stayed home with a cold yesterday and I still see his truck in the driveway. Haven't gone downstairs yet so I'm not sure what's up with him, but he must be staying home again.

I suppose I should go make some breakfast and try to eat it. I'll pop back in whenever I get to work.
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:29 PM   #22  
Donna

Good Afternoon All -

I had my mammogram this morning (what fun), then went to curves, came home and had lunch. Thought I'd check in here before heading up to my sewing room for the afternoon. I'm trying to get some UFOs (unfinished fabric objects) done so that I can start on something new. I need incentive.

I'm a little worried about tonight, I'm feeling heavy, but last week I felt good and gained big time, so we'll see.

Sandra - Sounds like you got some of your problems worked out, you're much more upbeat about training.

Kathy - glad you're feeling better, and able to go to work. Have fun at the birthday party.

Angela - That is too bad. Hopefully everything works out for you guys

Rhonda - Hope the patching's going well. I need to get moving on that bathroom wall paper myself....

Frouf - Take care of yourself, you want to enjoy that cruise...and I can't believe you're packing already, I'm lucky if I'm packed the night before, I usually end up getting up early the day I leave....

Coco - Sometimes getting started is the hardest part. Hang in there girl.

Melissa - sometimes a maintain is a good thing.

Well I'll be back to let you know the damage. Have a great day everyone.

- Donna
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:54 PM   #23  

Hey, girls. I'm finally here and ready to get going. Actually, I got here at 11:30 but just now got around to posting. I stopped by the grocery store on the way to get something to have for lunch. This month's theme was cajun and I knew it would all be too spicy for my little tummy. I got some LaTortilla low-carb, low-fat garlic and herb whole wheat tortillas, some deli turkey and lettuce. I put the nutrition info in the WW calculator and using their 8 grams of fiber, it said -0 points. When I cap it at 4 grams (like you're supposed to anyway) it still comes out to 0 points. The turkey was less than a point (it's 60 calories for 2 ounces, and I only bought 1/4 pound, or 4 ounces, but it was 10 thin slices so that's 10 slices for 4 ounces or 120 calories, which means this is a horrible run-on sentence and the turkey is 12 calories a slice and I had 2 slices on my tortilla = 24 calories), the lettuce is zero, and I had a little smear of LF Ranch, which is all that's in the fridge in the breakroom. Anyway, the whole thing was filling and probably was between 1-2 points. Not bad.

Now I'm tired and my stomach hurts and I'm thinking about leaving early. I don't think it's going to be a very productive day anyway.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:34 PM   #24  

Height: 5' 10"

Hello all. Its been quite a few days here --- did anyone get the number of that truck!!! Well, after worrying about Sarah being hit with the flu a few weeks back, it hit me hard. Started at work on Friday - really didn't feel well, was going downhill all day. Finally decided to get out for the day, by the time I left it was 5:00. Oh well, woke up Saturday sick, sick. Barely got out of bed until yesterday. No fever, thankfully, but a bad, bad head cold - I think possibly sinus infection. Of course its over the long weekend and my Drs office is closed on Tuesday. So, unless I wanted to sit in urgent care at the hospital I had to wait it out. Thankfully each day I felt better and now I'm actually feeling a bit alive - back to a head cold.

The best or maybe worse part - I had no appetite since Friday. I made myself eat a few crackers here and there. Taking medicine without food on my stomach was not good after a few days. I felt bad that I couldn't do much with Sarah over the weekend. So this morning we were off to the indoor playgym and then to Mcdonalds for lunch. I actually ate this morning - a small bowl of shredded wheat. But I have to admit - the cheeseburger from McDs was fabolous!!! I figured it was the most I ate in 4 days, so not bad. My scale was down to 176 this morning - I think I lost about 3 pds by not eating. WI is tomorrow, and yes, I will make sure I make it. Heck, I might as well take the good loss after suffering.

Frouf - love the gift, such nice friends!
Kathy - I need to read on the old board to see what is wrong. I did read you were feeling off, I hope things are better today.
Angela - Sorry to hear about DHs job. Its nice that he has a few more weeks, but doesn't help the situation. I'll say a prayer that God helps you find the perfect job for him. Keep us posted.

Well, I need to go read the posts from last week. I feel a bit behind, but at least I'm moving! BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:34 PM   #25  

Well, dinner's over and I'm ready to settle down with some American Idols. The dishes can wait til morning before work and laundry is going right now. I made sauteed shrimp and broccoli, then fettuccini for Erin and whole wheat spaghetti for Judd. I had a little glass of Sierra Mist and 2-3 of the shrimp. I'm still just a little afraid of putting too much in my stomach. Tomorrow should be better.

It was nearly 80 today; quite a change from this time last week when it was 18.

What's everybody up to?
Old 02-20-2007, 07:41 PM   #26  

Hi All:

First, Angela, I am so sorry to hear about your family's troubles. We'll all send you prayers and best wishes that he won't be out of work for long.

Frouf, that is sad to hear about your brother and his wife. Hopefully, they can hold on to what attracted them to each other in the first place. If not, well, let's hope that if they part, they can do so with the minimum of hurt.

Paula and Kathy: I hope you feel better soon.

I haven't got a trouble in the world tonight, so I'll count my blessings.

Rhonda
Old 02-20-2007, 07:55 PM   #27  

Well will try again.
I went and had a post. Submitted. And then said I wasnt logged in. and I was.
So dont know what happened.
So wont go and repost everything.
Just know that I am thinking of each of you.
Thanks for the WILL POWER DUST. I sure do need it.
Oh has anyone ever tried Stevia. It is a no calorie sweetner. It is pretty good. In fact I think I like it even a little better than Splenda.
I have tried it in anything I baked. Just hot tea or cereal.
Well wont post much. Just in case it dont go through again.
I hope everyone has had a great day.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:02 PM   #28  

Good evening ladies, just want to say a quick hello and hope everyone is doing well. Have been pretty busy trying to keep the kiddies occupied, ds has no school this week so I have been setting up playdates and they both had dental check ups yesterday, thank goodness they both had no cavities.
Going to watch Idol.
BBL
thingirlinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:28 AM   #29  
focused and aiming

hi there. sorry i was mia yesterday. i stayed at the archery center almost all day. i guess that's a good way to stay out of the kitchen, isn't it?

kathy, i know that bow.http://www.shootnhunt.com/catalog/JM...e/2721963.html . i think it's a good choice for you. that's sad about cowtown bowmen's losing their range. that's happening a lot around the nation. i'm thinking austin archery club lost theirs, too, but i'm not sure. they had a $1 per year deal with the city. land is so expensive and theirs is in a prime location. i'll be surprised if they haven't lost it. sad. we lost ours up here about 10 years ago. now we have a good one on the outskirts of town. when you come up here, we'll take you there if you'd like.

i saw those strings, too. wish it were ours. we could use the $$$.

melissa, i'd call it a maintain, too. you are amazing, girl.

rhonda, congratulations on moving that scale. : i'm glad you're getting some extra time at home this week.

frouf, thank you so much for being my i appreciate it. i told someone at the shop yesterday that i thought i should be given extra points for practicing so much. i doubt any other 60 year old old girls practice any more than i do. wish i had more natural ability so i didn't have to work so hard. oh, well, it is fun.

i'm so sorry about your brother and his wife's troubles. i am glad they are going for counseling. i am also glad you did the exercise and got to feeling better.

angela. i am so sorry. it's good that you're being positive. dh's ego is probably taking a beating right now. we're here for you anytime you need to talk.

donna, how did wi go?

paula and kathy, i hope you're feeling better.

niki and kathy, i saw ai last night, too. that last guy is really really good, isn't he?

i'm getting hungry. guess i'll go read a little more then have some cheerios. vickie, i think of you when i'm having cheerios. they're my fav cereal, too.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:41 AM   #30  
Donna

Well wi went as expected. I gained 1.2. I'm not sure what's going on. For some reason I just don't want to get below 230, I'll get really close then I'll have a couple of gains and then get close again.....It's pretty frustrating. I came home yesterday all ticked off (poor DH), had myself a good cry (again poor DH) then made a plan.

I'm going to buy a 4 week pass; track everything for all 7 days (I'm usually good for 4-5); do the best I can; exercise 5-6 days/week; and if I'm not below 230 at the end I'm going to take a break......

Anyway, sorry to vent. I'll check back later.

-Donna
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote