Core Chat Thread - Feb 12 - 18, 2007

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • Some nice clean pages to 'chat' on.

I am of course home today - woke up feeling WORSE - all congested and today my throat also hurts! Taking contac c and lozenges - and had a nice steamy shower which seemed to help. (and leaving my hair dry natural and curly! - no blow dryer!)

Vickie - batten down the hatches - hope the storm isn't too bad - I am getting very nervous for my trip as a suddent storm here (or in Chicago - yes I am flying thru chicago again) would be problematic. I am flying down a day ahead so hopefully this allows time for any weather issues!

Cold here but the sun is shining very brightly!

My 'project' today is to figure out this japanese mp3 player thing and try to load it up. When little ds got his new glasses (xmas time) they had a promotion - giving away a free mp3 player! He gave it to 'mom' - such a lovely child.

I have printed out the 32 page instruction manual - and have to read it - and figure out how to get my favorite songs (supposedly can get 500 on this tiny thing) on there so I can enjoy them while I travel (yes Vickie - Wicked will be the first thing to go on there ).

Wish me luck (at least dh is home if I need any 'techie' help!)

Froufie
  • Good Morning ladies, had a busy weekend. Remember I mentioned that my brother gave us 3 days notice that he was giving his wife a 40th surprise party, well the late morning of the day of the party my mom called and told me the party was cancelled. I am all dressed and the kids have their coats on and we are ready to leave to go into the city. The kids would get very upset if I told them that we are not going to see grandma so I head into the city to spend the day with my mom. The party was cancelled because something to do with her family. Yesterday I went through about 13 50 gallon storage boxes full of old toys & crap and threw everything out. I am on a mission to clean out my basement. Some stuff I will donate. I am so tired today, I need groceries so I went online to Stop & shop ordered my food for the week and it will be delivered tomorrow, how convenient is that, Only $6.95 for delivery and well worth it not to have to bring my dd and lug all the groceries into the house. When I shop I shop for the whole week so it is alot of bags.
    I will be back in a bit, I have to clean house and do laundry and my little princess wants her bath, she loves them.

Vickie we are suppose to get that same storm, we don't know how much yet, depends on how close it is to the coastline. good luck today!

Froufy hope you feel better!
  • Good morning! I can't believe it's nearly noon and I just now am posting.

Frouf, you poor doll! I *knew* that man should have gone to the doctor sooner! I hope you give him major heck about this! Fortunately the timing is such that you should be well over it by cruise time.

Niki, I'm glad you went anyway. And how cool about the groceries! We had one store here that did it, but they stopped at the first of the year. It wasn't anywhere I shopped anyway but in a pinch it would have been quite nice.

Everyone stay warm! Vickie, good luck at the cardiologist today.

I just found out we might be going to dinner with Judd's friend for his birthday. Wherever it is, I'm having salmon because the power of suggestion (thanks, Frouf) has gotten to me. Now hopefully my dinner won't be skimpy anymore! I couldn't think of anything that sounded good last night when I posted, so I put in something I like AND have in the fridge.

I'm going to go get some hummus after work to have with my vegetables; Target has a brand (can't recall what it is, though) that should be Core. It's just ground garbanzo beans, olive oil, and spices. No tahini or anything else, but it's very good. I can always eat it with my Kashi TLC crackers (for 2 pts).

Okay, gotta go. Someone needs something (as usual).
  • Geez Kathy - you can have my salmon - I am certainly not in the mood for it! ha ha ha. Had a huge VAT of chicken soup w/2 matzo balls - then of course couldn't resisit the LO SALTY POPCORN! So I munched on that as well. Now chewing gum and drinking water (that'll teach me).

Dh going to ds' school to meet with one of the teachers (seems he is helping out in the class next week - something about teaching kids electro magnetic stuff?). I am thinking I shall cook the salmon while he is gone! It will be out of the fridge (and I will no longer feel bad about it sitting there) and ready for whoever wants it (oh mom - you know we don't like salmon - why don't you cook something everyone likes!) I'm sure dh can thro together some veggies when required.

I have some hb eggs in the fridge and will probably have that for dinner - just don't feeling like eating anything major today (enjoy it while it lasts ).

Niki - too bad about the short notice for the party - I guess it was some kind of famly emergency? Hope you had a nice visit w/your mom and that you dd is enjoying her bath (w/bubbles I presume?). Love the idea of shopping online and having it delivered - I'm sure they have something like that around here but have never really investigated this option - sounds very convenient!

Have to drive dd to and from dance class tonight (dh jamming) I'm in my 'daywear' and shall not change (black sweat pants, ls baby blue winnie the pooh t-shirt) - just there and back I guess! (might pick up a coffee tho to keep warm!).

Time for more meds! (as I sit here w/my box of tissues!)

Later

Frouf
  • Hi folks,
    Thingirl, I live in a small town that still delivers for free,,mind you we have to either phone in our order or go there and have it delivered. Its a mom and pop store, so they do everything to keep our business. I should mention the internet thing tothe owners..how cool would that be.. I heard on the news this morning that a place in New York got over 11 feet of snow in two weeks?? holy crap and expecting more again. That sucks

Kathy Im glad you added some salmon to your dinner and hummus..I should try the pineapple and cottage cheese though. sounds lke something I would like.

Frouf take care of that cold.....bundle up!! try a mustardplaster on your chest and BUCKLEYS!! tastes awful but it works..hah(thats their slogan for those who havnt seen their commercials)

How is that low sodium ketchup Vickie? Ive been putting my food into fitday to check on sodium and fat grams , carbs, proteins etc.. Its amazing how much salt is in food these days. Even diet pop?? cant figure that one out at all but does explain when I drink it, I get thirstier.

Ok just waiting till my chicken is ready,,,have a good day everyone!
  • Patti I know, that amount of snow is insane thatthey got in upstate NY I believe Oswego near Albany and they are going to get hit with another storm!
    I hope we don't get too much, so far so good this year!
  • Girls I am SO excited. I went to WW tonight and lost 4.6 pounds!!!!!! Talk about motivating!!!!!
  • Way to go Melissa, Congratulations!!!
  • melissa, that's the best news i've heard in a long long time. way to go, girl!!!
  • Good going, Melissa!! You sound very excited as well you should be!

I had to go by the store after work to get some brown rice and wheat bread for Judd so decided to get myself my favorite lunch food: whole wheat pita, turkey breast and swiss cheese. Looks like I'll be doing SuperFoods Flex this week. I get 18 pts which doesn't seem like much but I'm so used to eating lower calorie/fat foods that sometimes it's hard to get up to 18 pts. I got the teeny boxes of raisins, some hummus, and small (4 oz.?) boxes of grape Juicy Juice. It's 100% juice with no sugar added, so qualifies as a SF.

Scale this morning was still in the 138s but hopefully by Thursday I will have moved into the 137s.

We didn't go out tonight because the friend decided he just wanted to go to the bar/grill place near work instead of dinner. I didn't want to be there so Judd went with him. I ate enough at work today to hold me; I plan to go to bed early anyway.
  • Thank you!!!
    Podna, I'm trying to catch up with you.
  • Hi Everybody.
    Just checking in real quick.
    I went to WW tonight. Wasnt good. Gained a pound.
    So will just have to watch better this week. and start writing down what I eat. I guess I bite it. I write it.

FROUFY Hope you are feeling better. Thinking of you.

VICKIE Did you have your appt with your Dr. Hope it went well.

STEMPERSGOAL YEAH with the loss. That is wonderful. YOU GO GIRL.

Well am going to get off here.
    Hope everyone is doing ok.
    We are suppose to be in a winter storm watch from now until Wed morn. Suppose to get 4-8 inches of snow. Plus some freezing rain and sleet. YUCK. so went to the store and stocked up on some stuff. Got some stuff to make soup.
    Night everyone
    Coco
  • Hi....late posting; long day.

Melissa....fantastic! Good for you.

Coco....stick to it. One pound isn't much. It can be gone soon.

Everybody stay warm and snug, out of the cold weather.

We had a reception at work today and I was not good. I must get back to it. I have a note on the refrigerator to get serious again. I might be staying home all day tomorrow to work from home and that will help with the control.

Rhonda
  • Coco - stay warm - we have also 'heard' about the blizzard coming - I hope it will miss us? We don't really need any more snow - thank you very much! Soup is a great idea in the winter - I love making soups!

Niki - are you also expecting the snow?

Melissa - AMAZING LOSS - way to go! You must feel fantastic! Keep up the good work!

Vickie - where are you? How was your appt this afternoon? Hope you are home relaxing!

Kathy - love your lunch combo food (as I sit here hungry!). Yes I actually HAD the salmon for dinner after I cooked it - very tiny piece w/baked potato and some canned peas (okay it was the best I could do!). I am hungry now but hoping not to indulge.

Drank VATS of liquid today - to help w/sickness and flushing away those pounds - about 2 litres of water, plus the soup, tea, coffee etc - I am floating to the bathroom very frequently.

Now got yet ANOTHER package in the mail from Ray - a very heavy one - and I was thrilled with even more presents - He sent me The Grimmerie - which, if you are a Wicked fan (Vickie you can relate) is this huge book - made to look old/antique - with all sort of pics, info, music, storylines, etc from the Wicked musical - it is AMAZING! and I love it! (also send me a CD of "into the woods" - another musical, and some stuffed animals!).

Now ladies - are you at all concerned about the number of gifts/packages I am receiving from Ray? Now he is obviously a wonderful and very GENEROUS friend and I LOVE the presents - but I am feeling a bit overwhelmed? And while dh is not saying anything - he believes that he obviously has the $$ and willingness to send presents - I think he is also wondering about this? I of course love all the attention (as most froufs do) but starting to feel the need to 'pay him back' (yes I did send him a $25 starbucks gift card after the whole 'shirt' fiasco). I guess I shall try to cover the dinner at the supper club on the cruise?

Now while my nose feels a bit better my throat feels awful - slimy like and starting to burn a bit! Hurts a bit when I swallow and I expect it won't be much better in the morning? I am about to take the nightime meds and another anti bacterial lozenge but I am not optimistic. I do hate to miss another day of work! But I shall see how I feel in the morning!

Stay warm!

Frouf
  • Good Morning Chicks. Great news....heart tests came back good. Some slight thickening from my BP being high but nothing that can't be resolved with better pressure management. He changed my medicine again and told me to check in the with Internist in a month or sooner if I need to. He also wants my thryroid rechecked even though I told him it had been checked fairly recently. I don't get that but...ok. He also wants me to go for the Heartcheck America test to see if there is Coronary heart disease although he doesn't suspect there is any. He says I can wait until I resolve this whole issue and I feel better. Of course, insurance won't pay for it but I don't mind.

So now the search continues for why I feel so crummy. Next is a chest/lung CT scan.

Hey....at least my heart is good, right?! He says I can exercise and that I should be shooting for 1-2 hours of some type of continuous movement daily. Wow. I guess I need to get back to that 45 minutes of treadmill daily....at least.

Melissa, huge congratulations on your loss! You must be SO pleased. I guess you are really getting some benefit from those meetings and having people to work the program with. I'm very, very, happy for you.

Our snow has started. Only time will tell if it will turn into the blizzard they are predicting. Meanwhile we are tucked in.

Have a great onprogram day.