Old 02-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #76  

Height: 5'7"

Sandra, Judd wants me to ask if you would recommend a fiberglass bow for me instead of wood. (If you must know, he's starting to get on my nerves with all this.)
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 05:03 PM   #77  

Hi ladies, has the core program been revised, I haven't gone to a meeting in a long time, but I have been hearing about a new core program.
thingirlinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #78  

And here's to you Mrs. Robinson.......sorry Sandra I know have that song playing over and over in my head..haha
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 07:07 PM   #79  

Me, too, Vickie! That's the first thing I thought about.

I can attest to the fact that all of Sandra's students thought (and still think) the world of her.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:03 PM   #80  

Hi Everyone

NIKI Good job on "getting rid of" the 3 lbs. That is wonderful. You go girl.

Not much happening here. Same old stuff.
Wasnt too bad of day. The sun was shining. And was a warmer. In the 20's.
Did anyone watch Grey's Anatomy last night. Do you really think they will kill off Dr. Grey.
Not sure what we will get into this weekend. Probably go visit my Aunt. She lost her hubby in Dec. And we try and go see her at least every other weekend. Maybe go to the store and stock up on some stuff again. Just in case it starts getting bad again.
Need to take the doggies to the groomers. But it has been so cold. I hate to take them.
May try and go to KMart and see if they have the gazelle. And put one on layaway. So will see what is going on.
Well better get off here.
Just checking in.
Hope everyone has had a great day.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:11 PM   #81  

Hey did anyone get to see Dr Phil today. I had just switched it over. And they were talking about this guy that weighed about 1000 lbs. Said something about he couldnt get out of his bedroom. Then they brought this other guy in. Said the two of them had been e-mailing each other everyday. But had never met. So they were meeting for the first time today. I think his name was Russ. He was a little on the heavy side. But said he had lost 100 lbs. But was wondering. How was Dr Phil going to help the other guy. Think his name was Bob. Wish I could have seen all of this. But I couldnt. Was just wondering what had happened.
Thanks
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:17 PM   #82  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie View Post
Melissa, I've been thinking about you. Have you done your research? Are you ok? Do you have a plan? Can we help?

Aw, there's our Vickie!!
Thanks everyone for asking about me. The more I read, the more stressed I got. The doctor doesn't want to see me again until June (which we had already scheduled before the test results). She said that the best treatment is what I'm already doing, so I guess that's that. Everything suggests a diet very similar to core, so I'm coming back on the boat next week. I might try switching back and forth between the plans since I did so well on flex last week. But I basically need an "insulin-resistant" diet, which from what I've read is close to core. Also, I must focus on exercise. Everything I've read said that exercise is not negotiable for those with PCOS. So anyway, to make a long story a little bit shorter, it seems that all I can do for myself right now is continue to take the meds, exercise, and LOSE WEIGHT.
I'm off to make a shopping list for tomorrow morning. We are supposed to get a big (well big for here) snow tomorrow and I don't want to have to go out in it. I have a PC show on Sunday and am worried about whether or not I'll have to cancel.

Hey Kathy, are you still interested in the mandoline??
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:51 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

I tried to post again last night but the site wouldn't take it. I was just writing to reassure Vickie that I'm not a long hair! I like just about all music except punk, acid rock and whatever that noise is that ravers listen to

Melissa, has anyone mentioned the Glycemic Index diet to you. It's a lot like Core and there are some good references about it.

I had a bad day at the office today but I'll spare you the details. Just too many meetings where we spin our wheels and don't move forward on matters that should be resolved.

Tonight I'm picking up again on the packing things to go into storage so that I can actually live in this house. It's tedious but it's getting done.

Tonight is my last night of slothdom. I have been so inactive the last three months, it is disgusting. SO, I'm going to the gym and moving. I've been good at Pilates but not the aerobics.

Hope everyone has a good night.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:03 PM   #84  

Melissa, I talked to a few people at work and can't get anyone to commit to a book party, so I guess not. I might just have to buy one at Linens 'n Things or something like that until I can get the good one. It'll just be for slicing sweet potatoes to make chips with, and so the good one might be overkill anyway.

Rhonda, sorry you had a bad day today. Maybe you can unwind over the weekend before time to go and start it all over again.

Erin lost her car keys at work so Judd went to take her the other set. We can't figure it out (neither can she). She went out to the car to get some money, had unlocked it with the remote. Then she was sitting in the car and when she went to get out, she couldn't find her keys. She locked it by hand. I guess they're somewhere in the car but neither she nor Judd could find them. Weird, huh?

I'm working all day tomorrow; lunch is all packed and ready to go. I guess I'll go to bed soon.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:49 AM   #85  
focused and aiming

kathy, i just saw your post. what i highly suggest is that you get a light draw weight recurve. a lot of men try to start their wives with too heavy draw weights. this can cause injury as well as frustration. it's not fun if you have trouble drawing your bow. call around the different archery shops to see who has light weight recurves. i'd get a 30# one if i were you. maybe even lighter if you can find one, but i doubt you'll find one lighter than 30.

i have a Comet takedown recurve that i love to shoot. it's really zippy for being just 30#. as to wood or fiberglass? i think draw weight is more important. what you do need to watch out for is to see if the bow is warped. i'll talk to curtis tomorrow (today) to see what he thinks. here are some shops you might call: David's Outdoors in Weatherford. (he had some light weight recurves when we were there in november.) Arlington Archery World. Ken Witt owns this shop. i think he deals mainly with compound but he might have some recurves. Smithfield Archery in ft worth. again she (Rhonda) has mainly compounds. call David's. it wouldn't take you too long to drive over to his shop. it's not far off i-20 over in weatherford.

let me know what you find out. also, you need to have someone set you up and show you proper form so you don't get hurt. any shop owner will help you with that. wish we were down there. we'd help you get started.

patti, i'm hearing that song now, too.

thank you, kathy. i miss my students. tonight i went to a local high school girls' basketball game. sure brought back memories.

coco, i didn't see either show. i hope dr. phil can help bob.

niki, they didn't make many changes to core. mainly they limited snacks to fruits, veggies, and smoothies. (i think.)

melissa, you keep on doing what you need to do. don't get worried. that won't help.

rhonda, i've been visiting in slothdom, too. i need to get back to the women's club and hop in that water.

well, i'm pooped. guess i'll try to get to sleep. i'm too old to stay up this late.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:28 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Morning:

Sandra, I hope you're sound asleep, for your sake!

Ok, Chicks, I'm out of here. Taking the dogs for their walk(s); going to the gym; going to pick up ex's niece and her daughter and take them to lunch. I'm staying OP even if it kills me and everyone around me!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:02 AM   #87  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking Slithering Out Of Slothdom!

I too have been too lazy these past couple of weeks - esp with being sick for almost a whole week now (okay mostly better - bit of congestions STILL and a raspy cough now and again). But I am happy to report I am IN MY WORKOUT CLOTHES - and will be shortly moving my body. Don't want to treadmill so I think I shall slip a Richard Simmons cd into the machine and dance around a bit!

Rhonda - let us know how your work out and lunch goes!

Kathy - have fun 'bow shopping"!!

Coco - don't watch Grey's anatomy but I know my dd loves that show (and Sandra Oh actually comes from my neighborhood - my manicurist friend Bella used to do her nails and still does her mom's!)

Melissa - we're all with you in this one - eating properly, exercising and losing weight - seems to be the 'cure' for almost everything (like my high bp!). Hang in there we are all here to help you out!

Niki - has the driveway 'melted' - hope you can get out without slipping and hurting yourself!

We were up at 4 am - little ds had a nightmare which turned out to be fly in his room! (trapped between the windows - guess it was 'resurrected' due to some warm sunshine?) - well that took a while as dh was the Big Fly Terminator and had to 'eradicate' it - whlle ds stayed in bed w/me. Had a hard time gettnig back to sleep - finally got up at 10;30 am!!!

As for the 'packing' in my head - today the fun begins! I decided I will start to pack my carryon and my travel purse - as there are things I can put in there which I am obviously not using right now. I will make a list for each - and check off what I've put in and keep the lists there so I know what's missing.

Then I might actually bring up the big suitcase which is when I will sadly discover it is NOT as big as I remembered it. Also will pack the 'additional' bad (a weekender type bag) which the heavy stuff - I can already put in the sandals, flip flops, shoes, purses, snorkel/mask, water shoes, etc. I think getting ready will calm me down.

I have also worked out an exercise schedule for the next 2 weeks given my schedule and will try to stick to it! This week: sat (today!), sunday, monday and wednesday (out tuesday, thurs and friday). And next week: sat, sun, mon, tues - wed evening is the FINAL manicure/pedicure and thursday night I will be packing like crazy and freaking out for Friday early morning departure!!!

Only other thing to do is get out and find new lanyard/headphones for my ipod - and add about another 10 cd's to it!!!

Okay - time to take the whitestrips off my teeth (yes I am 'whitening' my teeth - don't you think that will only enhance my tan? ha ha ha)

Later,

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:49 AM   #88  

Coco, I missed your post about Grey's Anatomy. I am the biggest fan of the show there is, and I don't think Meredith is gone (she better NOT BE!). It sure scared me at the end though when she woke up and saw Denny standing there. I was just about screaming. And of course it didn't help when Judd walked in and said "I hope she dies" and I'm all freaked out yelling SHUTUP!!!! He said it would make the show more interesting; I, of course, totally disagree with the dork.

Sandra, thanks for all the good info. The club has a director of archery and I was told they can set me up with someone to get me started too. We have looked up Ken Witt and I think will probably start with him, but you're right in that a zip over to Weatherford would be no trouble at all. I'll pass on all the info and see what he wants to do. I am anxious to get started but might be waiting until warmer weather since it's all outdoors. A friend was telling me about a range in Brownsboro that has a nice setup (of course it's really far away). I think the club has a walking range if I'm not mistaken but will know plenty more after tomorrow's orientation. I guess I'll just take my shotgun out there for now.

I'm sitting here at work wishing I was at home, but I know next week I'll be glad I got ahead a little on this pile of stuff. I did manage to drop by the store on the way to replenish my work stash of nuts and juice. I got Welch's grape juice but am diluting it with Sprite Zero and boy is it ever good! It also cuts the points in half by doing that, and the 6-pack of juice bottles will last almost two weeks. Also got walnuts, pistachios and sunflower seeds. The seeds go well on salad and add a little oomph to it, and the walnuts are chock full of omega-3 and antioxidants. They are also high in plant sterols, which play a big role in lowering cholesterol (which we all know I desperately need) and since they taste good, what's not to love? Okay, enough about walnuts. This isn't a commercial. LOL!

Erin finally found her car keys, which is a big relief.

Back to work! Happy Saturday to you all! Frouf, happy list-making to you! Two weeks will pass like a flash!
Old 02-17-2007, 12:15 PM   #89  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

I struggled with the laptop all day yesterday since I've never had one before and I'm also trying to learn Vista. It is quite different.

I'll be doing a lot of reading today so I can call Dell and make my final decisions about the network. I want wireless but I'm a bit scared about security. Still....that's why Jim bought me the laptop so he can have my company while I surf and talk to you guys.

We LOVE Grey's Anatomy! Meridith is NOT dead. Well, I hope she's not anyway. Since we've been watching 24 all kinds of myths have been shattered about whom may be killed off! We have lots of shows we are watching. Perhaps we need to watch less TV. Boston Legal, Desperate Housewives, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, Ugly Betty and of course American Idol. No favorite yet on AI but I did read that one of the girls was originally from Tinley Park....my own current hometown.

Have a great Core day. I'm not sure what we are having for dinner but Core Chicken Stroganoff (with a point or two for the nearly FF cream of chicken soup) is a strong contender. I'm really craving creamy comfort food for some reason.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 12:24 PM   #90  
Melissa

That sounds good...is that on our boards?
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote