Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 06:07 PM   #46  

Height: 5'7"

Frouf, both tops are very cute! I just not got a chance to look at them.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:55 PM   #47  

Rhonda and Sandra, they just now announced that Molly Ivins passed away about 20 minutes ago.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:21 PM   #48  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Quote:
Frouf - I just realized your avatar is one of those towel things they leave on the bed on cruise ships
Yes the infamous towel animals that are left on the bed at night time - so cute! And as I am fond of bunnies (hence the froufie nickname short for Little Rabbit Frou Frou) so have been using this as my avatar for now!

Niki - thanks so much for the Alex link - very helpful - unfortunately I think I will just make it into the 2X with not much room to spare so I am leery of getting this size! The other day they had a 3X for sale but of course it's now gone! I shall haul the tape measure out just to make sure (and depress myself even further),

Angela - I say go for it - looks very cute and manageable and easy to maintain!

Kathy - can't wait to weigh myself tomorrow (NOT). I actually started nibbling on some olives as I was preparing dinner - had one and put the rest back - can not AFFORD to have any water retention/salt issues right now

Sandra - I never ever put my home address on those luggage tags! just in case! I will put my cell phone # on their and the Carnival travel hotline - should my luggage to astray at least they will know who to call (also put a copy of my itinerary inside the luggage as well - yes I am neurotic!).

Not sure if I will exercise tonight - I am freezing now - and dh and I trying to set up some telephone banking this which is not working out very well! Also have to go pick up dd from her dad's place around 8:30 pm! Maybe I shall hunker down and watch AI in bed later tonight - how decadent!

Froufie
Old 01-31-2007, 07:42 PM   #49  

Evening Everyone
Just thought I would check in for a few.
Hubbys Dr appt went well. Said everything looked good. He saw his cancer Dr today. So that is good. Makes us feel better. Always get a little uptight with these appts.
The eating was better today. But still room for improvement. But so much better.
I was wondering though. If I went and done flex for a few weeks. Would I still be able to post on here. I think I need to do flex. Because I am not realizing when I am satisfied. I think ok. I can eat all I want of this. But actually I know that I cant. So thought if I did points. That might help.
Well I better get off here. and go read the post and catch up.
I hope everyone had a great day.
Thinking of all of you.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:45 PM   #50  

Angela, I think it would look really nice on you, I like that it has really short cropped layers which would work in your favor especially on the sides, I say go for it.

Niki
Old 01-31-2007, 08:04 PM   #51  
focused and aiming

that's sad about molly ivans. she will be missed by many.

we didn't go to league tonight. curtis is in a lot of pain with his back/shoulders and i didn't want to leave him home alone. he's going for some help tomorrow.

coco, i am trying to do core but am also counting points because of the same problem. you stay here and keep posting no matter what you decide. we need you.

frouf, i was wondering what frouf meant.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:10 PM   #52  

Coco, you can post here no matter what! Don't leave us -- a lot of us do flex from time to time.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:42 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Coco..don't go. We do Core and Flore (flex + Core) and whatever it takes!!

Angela: go for the short hair...it can always grow back if you don't like it.

Frouf: Keep up the good work.

I am sad about Molly Ivins's death. What a determined, feisty, smart, brave human being and WOMAN she was!
We need more people like her.

I'm going to bed early because I am out of the house early tomorrow morning and on my way to New Mexico. I may not be back on until Sunday really late or Monday. I'll be thinking of you all as I work to avoid eating tortillas!

Be well and take care!

Rhonda
Old 01-31-2007, 08:48 PM   #54  
focused and aiming

have a safe trip, rhonda.

i got an e from a dear friend of mine who is a ww leader. i had told her i'd lost 35 lbs. she congratulated me then told me to stop saying "lost." she said we tend to want to find things that are lost. i am to start saying, "i got rid of 35 lbs." (i definitely don't want to find them.)
Old 01-31-2007, 09:05 PM   #55  

Sandra, that's so true! I will stop saying I have lost weight. It's not lost -- I know exactly where it went!

Have a safe trip, Rhonda.

I'm already in bed due to a flare-up of what will be a shingles-type thing in a few days. I get this viral outbreak every six months or so. First the nerve starts burning, then my skin feels like it has been sanded down, and THEN comes the blisters. Right now I'm dealing with the skin part of it, and so tomorrow or the next day I know what to expect. I have anti-virals to take. If it's not one thing, it's a hundred more, isn't it? I'm tired of having "issues."

Kate is dealing with post-Devan problems including that he's supposed to be paying her, because she's paying out their apartment lease. Well, he says he can't pay because he just bought a new car. Hello??? She's saving your credit by keeping up the rent -- and still paying rent on her new place -- and you reward her by NOT paying and going out and incurring new debt when you have prior things that need to be taken care of? I told her to call him every day and rip him good. There's no excuse for him to be that big of a jerk.

There's a very weird guy on American Idol right now. He seems to think he's some sort of animal.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:29 PM   #56  
Donna

Good Evening All,

Just got back from eating dinner out. We went for Mongolian BBQ, which is usually not too bad. I eat veggie stir fry w/tofu the only pts/not core are the tortillas and sauce. I got their info one time and the sauce is 4 pts, but the tortillas......not so good. I think I'm not going to count today. TOM decided to show up early, so I'm just craving carbs....

Well, gotta go watch the finale of Top Chef. I hope Marcell doesn't win.

-Tech
Old 01-31-2007, 09:41 PM   #57  
focused and aiming

kathy

donna, sounds like you had a good time.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:30 PM   #58  
Card Carrying Princess

Kathy - sending good vibes your way - poor you! I hope the 'oubreak' is not as bad as you described! Do taking the antivirals help a lot? I hope so.

Tech - your dinner sounds yummy! ...and my investigation shows there is actually a mongolian grill like bbq on my cruise ship so I shall definitely be trying it out! I believe it's available every day at lunchtime! (along with the dining room, lido buffet, hamburger grill, deli sandwich counter, asian counter, fish and chips place, 24 hour pizza place and room service - all available lunch options - I am gaining weight just thinking about it!).

Rhonda - have a safe trip. Maybe just one tortilla?

Coco - glad the dr's report was okay - I hope that helps you destress a bit. Please don't go - we would love to have you here no matter what plan you are following!

Angela - so have you made the hair appt yet?

Sandra - hope Curtis is feeling better and it's nothing serious!

Vickie - how was jammie day? Hope you are being well taken care of!

Okay time to get ready for bed! Had a bad night last night - up and down all night - hope I do better tonight!

Froufie

P.S. Okay - almost forgot - having lunch out tomorrow w/Robert - old work buddy - at a Thai restaurant - probably some curry type thing - will try not to overdo it (and yes I will definitely skip my FAVORITE home made mango ice cream for dessert!)
Old 02-01-2007, 08:45 AM   #59  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks.

Kathy, how awful. I hope you can keep it from being a bad outbreak by getting on your meds quickly.

I'm forced to get out of my pajamas today. The Niece needs us to come watch our Great Nephew and my Great Niece baby Godchild for a couple of hours while she's at work and Daddy goes and does some business. Although it's very cold here and I would love to snuggle, I'm sure it's going to make me feel very, very happy to be with them. I've got doctor and dinner plans out today also. So I'll be busy, and I hope, distracted.

I hope you all have successful, on program days. Niki....you and Melissa and everyone else who are losing are starting to motivate me with your success. Thank you friends!
Old 02-01-2007, 09:56 AM   #60  
Card Carrying Princess

HI Vickie,

Nice to see you 'out and about' - I'm sure visiting the kids will help and give you some perspective on the joy life brings! ...even tho you are still probably very sad - the distraction will be good! Dress warmly!

Had a very 'successful' visit with my scale this morning - and have posted my results in Week 2 of the Frouf Lose to Cruise challenge! Keep on sailing is this week's 'theme' - need to continue the downward trend right? With only 4 weeks to go there is no time for slacking off!

Kathy - how are you doing today? Hope your outbreak is under control!

Sandra - any plans for the day? Is Curtis going to see dr?

I am looking forward to my lunch out - but have to walk the 3 blocks down the street - thankfully it's only around -5 C today (yes a balmy day here in Ottawa ) so hope I don't freeze too much!

Meeting at 10 am - will check in later!

Frouf
Closed Thread