Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 10:24 AM   #121  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks. Today begins a very hard 36 hours for me. Think strong thoughts for me, especially around 3:45 CST today since it is when I will arrive at the funeral home.

Thanks so much for all your support. I promise to get back to the subject at hand soon.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:06 PM   #122  
focused and aiming

hi there, ladies. we're home from training. i started shooting my longbow again today after being off from it about a month. it was fun to "fling" those arrows again.

frouf, i'm going to have popcorn and a movie later today either before or after w a. i thought of what you'd written about your anniversary dinner making you sick. the same thing happened to me this weekend. we ate some rich sweets (and i normally won't touch sugar when i'm competing) and a big meal at "old chicago" sat night. i was sick sat night and sunday. lots of trips to the rr between shooting ends. maybe my weight is down today because of all of my trips up and down the stairs. the rr was on the floor above where we were competing.

thank you for asking about the tournament. ahem...... how do i word this? let's just say this was a wonderful learning experience. i had trouble keeping my mental game intact. no excuses. i should have kept my focus (much like i should keep focused on being op). by the last 3 shots of the tournament i thought that everything that could go wrong had, but i was wrong. there was one more to come. when i was walking up to shoot my last 3 arrows, my belt holding my quiver/arrows fell off my waist. i had to grab it and put it on. the timer saw me and didn't start the clock till i was "dressed". that was nice of him. i don't think many places would have waited on me. oh, well. life goes on.

we are going to butte this sat/sun for another tournament. this will be our last before we go to salt lake city in march. i'm going to shoot my compound and my longbow this time. i'm working on my mental game right now for both archery and ww.

hi there, mdturgle. it's good to meet you. i'm a retired teacher. been there done that with the grading. that's a very very good photo of you. thank you for sharing. it's good to "see" what all the chickies look like. some of us have photos posted over in our personal stuff. the best way to find us is to click our username then go to "public profile." thank you again for letting us see you. curtis and i went to kuau'i a few years ago. how did you like the roosters in the mornings? we still talk about them. we went on our first anniversary. that would be 2000. we're old but we're still newlyweds.

coco, your being back is inspiring me, too. it's good to see your posts. you're right. we just have to forgive ourselves and get back on track. i was shocked when i got on the scales this am. my weight was down from friday. i guess i did better than i'd thought on our trip.

paula, you and your mom will mend that fence. i'm glad you're recognizing that it's grief causing her irritibility.

vickie, i'm thinking of you. come back here as soon as you can. you need the normalcy of being here--and we need you.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:10 PM   #123  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Come join us on our new pages!

Frouf
Closed Thread