Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 10:20 AM   #91  

Height: 5'7"

We went out to the Arlington Sportsman Club yesterday. We are joining in February as soon as the application is approved. Judd wants me to shoot my 20 ga. but he also mentioned archery. Hmmm ... I wish I knew someone who did archery so they could give me their opinion.

We also talked about the recliner and decided we didn't want one. It was nice of them to offer, but we have reconfigured our family room and like it the way it is. Adding another chair will just mess it up.

Today is the Texas Rangers Fan Fest at the ballpark so we'll be going. It should be lots of fun.

The Air Force will be in next week and so we have to dress up. Since I've lost weight, I don't really have any dress clothes so I decided to go shopping. After I left work yesterday, I went to a resale shop and bought an Ann Taylor wrap skirt, a long black Gap skirt, and a very cute pair of pants from Delia*s. Now hold on ... there was a 75% sale going on and keep in mind this is a resale shop anyway. My grand total was $10.64. I was absolutely beside myself! I've taken the wrap skirt and pants to the cleaners, and the black Gap is sort of a jersey knit so I'm washing it. I have lots of tops, just no pants or skirts, but NOW I DO! I do believe I'll be going back again.

Oh and guess what else? Erin was getting ready to go to work and I told her there was a message from the dr. office on the answering machine for her. She listened, and then said, "oh yeah, did I tell you I had to have a mammogram and ultrasound this week?" I just about hit the ceiling! I told her that is NOT the kind of information you keep to yourself! They told her she had benign masses but I don't like that answer. I will certainly be making sure she keeps on top of it.

I bought a chocolate fountain from Target clearance last week. It was reg. $49 and I got it for $12.50. I'll be using it for parties and also for work luncheons. Since this month's lunch had a healthy theme, next month will probably be as anti-healthy as you can get.

That's it for today. I'll be back tonight and hope everyone has a good day. Vickie, hang in there, friend.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:51 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello Ann:

As you can tell from the posts, one of us, Vickie, has just lost a life-long friend to cancer. So, we might be a little subdued for a while and also sending her our condolences.

But, as Kathy said, we're happy to have you. I love your picture, with that colorful lei around your neck!

Rhonda
Old 01-27-2007, 12:30 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All, again:

I thought I'd share a NSV with you. Yesterday I had one of those meetings that I wail about so often. I sat for TWO HOURS in front of a big plate of commercially-made cookies and pastries and did NOT eat even one!!

Rhonda

(ps: I changed my top ticker to reflect my highest weight, not the weight when I came onto this board. I thought "why not take as much credit as I'm due!" I've been looking at the success stories on the board. I recommend reading some if you're feeling down about the speed or amount of your weight loss. We're all capable of losing this weight!)
Old 01-27-2007, 03:25 PM   #94  

Hey, all. We went to eat lunch and were headed to the ballpark when I started feeling a little queasy and nauseated. I told Judd and he said he wasn't feeling great either, so we turned around, went to CVS and bought some Pepto, then came home. I'm in my pajama pants and t-shirt, watching TLC and glad that I'm not walking around for the next few hours. I'll watch the news later and see what we missed.

Rhonda, that's such great news about ignoring those cookies! I'm not sure very many of us could do that as successfully! I'm really excited about weighing in next Thursday and seeing what the sort of results the first week of the challenge will show. I feel good about it, and think I should be seeing at least 140 by that day, and maybe even 139.

Back to the TV. Oh and did I tell you our Christmas tree is still up? Tomorrow will be three weeks that Judd has been sick with that cold and has been just wiped out by the time he gets home at night, and definitely doesn't feel like doing it on the weekends. He finally went to the doctor Friday and got antibiotics, steroids and refills on all his allergy medicine that he was nearly out of. I wish we could take it down tomorrow but I don't have high hopes for it.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:33 PM   #95  

Height: 5' 10"

Vickie, I'm so sorry for your loss. Please share your memories when you feel like you need to. I love the idea of the photo's, it will help you and her family to remember her happy and smiling. I'll pray that God gives you the strength you need now.

Ann and Coco, welcome! Coco, you need to just focus on starting now. The good thing is that you are now working to lose what came back before you gained more. Thats a great thing. Ann, looking forward to getting to know you. Its a great group.

Tech, the salmon casserole is made with canned salmon. Its almost like a tuna noodle casserol. It came out very tasty. I suppose you could make something similar but poch and then flake the salmon first.

Food wise I did awful yesterday -- the pot luck was good. But outside of my salad there wasn't much else. I did have 3 buffalo wing pieces and some macaroni and cheese ( one spoonful) then the fruit. I wish I had done better. Oh well, today is a new day.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:24 PM   #96  

Gosh, how slow are we today?
Old 01-27-2007, 05:37 PM   #97  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Paula - does not sound like you did too badly at all! And lots of 'new day's ahead to make any changes!

Kathy - I guess that lunch did not agree with either of you? Hope you are feeling better ! As for Erin - definitely make sure you get all the details! Loved all the bargains you got - good for you!

Rhonda - well done on avoiding those nasty sugar laden high caloric cookies...and DEFINITELY take all the credit you can for your fabulous weight loss - you go girl!

Vickie - sending hugs your way! Please take care of yourself thru this difficult time!

Welcome aboard Ann - we love new 'blood' - please join us on our weekly chat threa!

And welcome back Coco - as you can see we're still all here!

Well I managed another 45 mins on the treadmill last night at 3.3 mph - but I do find it 'hard' and have to force myself - those minutes don't go by fast enuf even when I am distracted w/good tv shows....and my toe is a bit sore again from rubbing despite a vaseline application! I am sitting it out today and shall walk again tomorrow.

Spent an hour on the phone w/cruise buddy Ray last night - poor dear has been diagnosed w/diabetes and is starting all sorts of meds - which have me worried - as I think he is being subjected to a very aggressive therapy when I don't think it's warranted? It's hard to tell that to someone - esp if they trust their dr - I did boldly suggest he get a second opinion from an endocrinologist (as my gf whose dh has diabetes recommended) to be sure he is being properly diagnosed and properly treated. Forgot to mention that I think he should also get a medic-alert bracelet. does anyone here wear one for any 'condiiton' the may have?

I asked the above gf if her dh wore one and she went crazy one me saying no not everyone wants to wear one or wants everyone to know they have a medical problem! Well that sure sounds crazy to me? Wouldn't you insist if someone you loved had a medical issue - and if something happened to them at least medical personnel would be aware of their situation? I wear one for my allergy to amoxicillin! as I understand sometimes in an accident situation one of the first things they do is inject you w/penicillin to ward off any possible infection - and this might just do me in before any accident injuries!

I am freezing now by the way - I am fully dressed, shirt pants socks with my fleece robe over top of the clothes (yes it has bunnies on it ). Dh gone skating (indoors) w/ds and I expect them home soon. Dh and I may venture out to a movie tonight (altho he claims he will need a 'nap' before he goes out!).

Later,

Frouf
Old 01-27-2007, 05:49 PM   #98  

I agree with the bracelet. My sister wore one for diabetes, and I had a very good friend who wore one too. It was a very fancy one with diamonds, not the drugstore kind because she was a diamond-wearing kind of person anyway, but still it did the trick. After I had my heart cath, I had to carry a card with me at all times for three months because of the plug in my upper leg. I think it was called an Angio-Seal. Well, anyway, I would definitely wear one if I was going off my normal routine, i.e. being around a lot of strangers who didn't know my medical condition. You are very smart to wear one for your allergy.

There is a dog behind us that has been barking nonstop for hours now. I'm tempted to call animal control and have them come out to talk to the neighbor about it. It has just about driven me over the edge.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:12 PM   #99  
Melissa

Welcome back, Coco! Great to see you.

Jenn!
Old 01-27-2007, 07:20 PM   #100  
Melissa

Hey chickies,
I've not eaten core today but I have eaten reasonably and not too much of anything. It's been nice actually, I've cooked two meals which is a big deal for me!
I'm thinking about doing flex next week. I've been off the wagon for so long it's been hard for me to get back into the swing of things, especially counting my 35 weekly points. I might try to count for a week. The two girls at work who are doing WW too are doing flex. I'm thinking about it.

Kathy, don't fear, our Christmas tree is still up too. We always leave it up for awhile, usually through January, but this year it's been so warm (comparatively) that it feels kind of strange. I will probably be taking it down tomorrow. The thing I'll miss the most is the lights. They add such a nice warm glow to the house, I wish I could find a way to replicate that through the year. How is your tummy? Oh and good job on those clothes deals!!

Paula, Frouf's right, it doesn't sound like you did bad at all! I'd probably consider it a NSV.

And you too, Rhonda! Congrats on staying away from those dreaded cookies.

Where is Sandra today? Did I miss something?

Frouf, I hope that you're out enjoying yourself. It's supposed to snow tonight and we're hoping to get snowed in for tomorrow.

Well DH and I are going to work on cleaning out our spare bedroom, so I better get to it. Good night girls!
Old 01-27-2007, 08:07 PM   #101  

Melissa, I did something a few years ago to make have the "Christmas lights" feeling all year. I put small white twinkle lights on the big ficus tree. It looked so cool Do you have a Garden Ridge or something like that there? They have 6-7 ft. silk ones (which is what mine is) that look good. I've had it for years and you wouldn't know it wasn't real unless you looked closely. I had to take the lights off later though because I put the tree in the landing turn of the staircase.

Well, we just had a good little adventure. Erin and I recovered her desk chair. We've done it many, many times in the past (not that chair, but others) and are quite good with a staple gun. Kate and some of her friends were over and they were standing in the kitchen talking to me. I guess I was distracted or something, because I hit the staple gun and nothing happened. Hit it again. Nothing. Then Erin says MOM!! and pointed at the other end. The staple gun had been turned around and I put a staple right thru the countertop! I thought I was going to faint!! We managed to sorta fill it in with some wood filler, and I smoothed the rough part with a nail file. It looks okay and I don't think Judd will notice. If he does though, it'll be no big deal because we have a similar spot in another place where I dropped a sharp knife and it made a little nick. I just opted not to tell him at this particular time. Now I just have to hope that he doesn't read the board!

I had 2 slices of pizza, a salad and a big glass of water for lunch and that's all I've had today. He just told me he was hungry and would go get us something if I wanted. I just don't know what it would be, because I'm not really hungry. I should eat something, but nothing sounds good to me.

Melissa, good luck on your cleaning project and congrats on fitting in the exercise too!
Old 01-27-2007, 08:08 PM   #102  

Oh and Sandra is in Bozeman (MT) and won't be back on until tomorrow night. You must have missed that.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:24 PM   #103  

Evening Everyone.
Was surprised I was able to get back on tonight. But boy am I glad. You dont know how much I have missed this place.
The one thing I am having troube with is on the home page. When I move the mouse down. When the words show up. Its all jumbled. But at least I got on here.
Well I have a couple of questions. Thought maybe some of you would be able to help me. Or give me some ideas what to do.
My hubby. Just got back some blood work. Well the cholosterol and triglycerides are high. Well the Dr wants him to increase the fish oil he is taking to 4 a day. Well he is taking 2 a day now. And well lets just say. If he increases to 4 a day. He wont be able to leave the house.
So went to Vitamin World today. And they recommended Red Yeast Rice. Has anyone ever heard of this. And does anyone know how safe it may be. Hubby has several health problems. He does have a Dr appt Wed. Thought I would ask the Dr then about this. but then again. Because it is heabal stuff. they will probably say it isnt any good. But have try Hubby on Lipator and something else. I forget which other he took. But he couldnt take them. Made the liver counts go real high. And it made him real achy all the time. He has alot of trouble taking stuff. So just wondering.
I also got some milled flax seed. Has anyone tried this. I read somewhere it was either Womans World, Womans day. something like that. Anyway. That it was good for you if you were trying to lose weight. Any ideas about this.

VICKIE Thinking of you. You are in my prayers.

To everyone else. I am thinking of you. Hope everyone had a great day.
I am so sorry I wrote a book. But was just wondering about these to items.
Coco
Old 01-27-2007, 09:05 PM   #104  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Chicks. I popped in to see how you all are. What beautiful friends you are to be thinking of me and sending hugs, prayers, and all other sorts of sweet things.

I'm still in shock but I'm doing ok. Today was the shopping trip for me and Jim to go and get clothes. We got enough for 3 days. Jim bought a suit, a sport jacket, 2 shirts, 2 ties and a belt. I got an outfit that I'm not crazy about and the slacks have to be hemmed if I decide to wear it. I have a place that will do it while I wait.

We still don't know when the services are or whether the wake will be two days or three. If I don't hear by tomorrow, I'll have to call Doug.

I'm exhausted and am going to lay on the couch. First a cup of chammomile tea with two tylenol. It's been helping with my clenching in my chest. I SO dread the next couple of days.

Don't be subdued on my account. I understand that life goes on. You are all so sweet.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:12 PM   #105  

Vickie, take care of yourself. It's going to be so emotionally draining, I'm sure. Do you have a dr. appointment on Monday?

Erin just told me that her doctor wants her to go see a surgeon about the mammogram and ultrasound. I asked her if she was worried and she said not really, but I sure am.

We decided on hotdogs for dinner, so Judd went to Weinerschnitzel. I'm having a child's mini corndog meal with tea. So far, so good.
Closed Thread