Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 07:54 PM   #46  

Height: 5'7"

OMG! I hate to be such a spoiled brat, but the TiVo box won't turn on and I'm going to have to go in the bedroom to watch American Idol. Tsk tsk ... can you think of a worse fate?

Judd has gone to a movie and will no doubt fix it when he gets home. Meanwhile, here I sit with a grey screen and no picture.

Bath has been taken, kitchen is clean and dishes are washing. Since he went to the movie he won't be eating dinner (popcorn substitutes for it). The evening should be relatively quiet except for mopping by the back door where you-know-who tracked in mud. I swear, I'm going to buy that dog some shoes.

Other than that, I'm good to go.

Oh, and my pick to go to the finals of AI? Melinda Doolittle. She is AWESOME! I went to her vocal coach's website and saw who all the coach has coached (Josh Turner, Taylor Swift for all you country music fans) and then Barnes & Noble has like 20 albums where she is in the credits. She is a gospel/blues type, sorta like Paris Bennett but a little older and much better. Mark my words, this Melinda Doolittle will go far. FAR, I say. Really far.

Katpo out.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:46 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Folks:

I've read the posts...so nice to read what everyone's got to say. But, I'm really tired tonight and am just going to say good night. The Italian place was very good. I had salad and fish.

Rhonda
Old 01-24-2007, 09:54 PM   #48  

Rhonda, girl, you oughta figure out a way to take it easy. I know that's probably not possible, but still ...

Judd got home, figured out the TiVo problem, and now we're watching AI. I made his brown rice / packaged up his chicken and rice for tomorrow. I made my scrambled egg, baked potato, and have everything else ready to go.

I think I'll stay up tonight and do internet surfing and play some games. I only have to work 9-1/2 hours tomorrow and then will be off Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Yippee!! But the customer (Air Force) will be in next week so I must use the weekend to get my dress clothes together, and then after they're gone they'll leave us with a mess of things to fix, so the overtime will start over. I will enjoy the downtime until then.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:41 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Morning:

What's this? Kathy giving advice on slowing down! Your schedule exhausts the rest of us just to read

I've never figured out how people (women) do it all. I guess you all know the research that says we are all sleep deprived and that women work the equivalent of one month longer every year than do men.

Allow me a public thanks to my mother: I grew up in small town Texas in the 1950's. My parents worked full -time outside the home. It was very unusual for women with children to work outside the home then, but my mother did. Our home was clean and organized. My mother taught me all the domestic skills, that a woman could do whatever she decided she could do, that she shouldn't let anyone do her deciding for her, and, in the words of Etta James and other great women blues singers, "it ain't nobody's business if I do."

I often wonder about how my mother did it all, and how did she do it with the grace she had? She also moved right into retirement with no glitches, began to have parties for the Grandmother's club members, and took formal piano and organ lessons. I don't always have the grace she did about life's trials, but I'm certainly going to move into retirement easily!!

Back to "eat less, move more." I'm staying home for the morning (don't worry, I'm working!) and have meetings in the afternoon. But, these meetings won't have cookies because the department is tired of paying exorbitant prices to the caterer and nobody's baking. I'll do one of my tapes and call it a day.

It's frigid here today: 10F (about -12C)

Rhonda
Old 01-25-2007, 10:08 AM   #50  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

It's EXTRA frigid here, like minue 30C with the wind chill - which translates to -22Fl - which is still incomprehnsible - let's just say it's @#$@#$@ cold here today

Kathy - I agree - you are one of the most organized and busiest people I know - a role model to the rest of us - do enjoy your 'down time'.

Rhonda - sounds like you got some much needed rest? Good choices at the restaurant too!

Got home to a CLEAN HOUSE last night - cleaning lady day! Ended up sending little ds up to his room - as he was a whining machine! So dh and I had a quiet dinner - I was planning to treadmill (to American Idol of course) but starting getting hints of a major headache/migraine! Not sure why? Very strange - by 8 pm I had taken some ES tylenol and in bed in my jammies watching TV - and this is a RARITY FOR FROUFS! I hardly ever do that!

Good news is I did end up going to bed earlier than usual (around 10:30 probably?) - but was up at 6 am - didn't get out of bed til 7:15 - then the usual grind.

On a course this afternoon out of the office - so will cab it there and back - but it will still be @#$#$ cold going outdoors! Dh out jamming tonight (gig tomorrow) and I will be doing chauffeur duty for dd's dance class - I will dread the return trip - heading out at 9:15 pm - as it will be even colder - need to warm up the car first!...and maybe have a hot coffee on the way!

...and I MUST EXERCISE TONIGHT!!! RIGHT??

Frouf

P.S. Good article here! http://www.chatelaine.com/english/he...55_5156&page=5

Last edited by Froufy; 01-25-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:10 AM   #51  

Good morning Ladies! Well the cat is out of the bag, my ds got off the school bus yesterday afternoon and was wailing, his friend decided to break the news that he is moving. I wish he hadn't, I wanted to break it to him gently and not at this time, they still need to sell their house and find a place to live which could be several months from now. It too me about 2 hours to calm him down, I had a good talk with him and made him understand that they will still be friends and will still see each other, just not as much as they do now. He is too sweet, he says to me god makes things happen right, I am going to pray to god so hard that he makes him not move. He made me cry, it really broke my heart to see my little boy this upset, he was wailing and sobbing so hard He will be ok, I am in touch with a few moms from his kindergarten class and his class now and I will set up play dates so he will have more friends to play with.

Kathy, AI had some freaky auditions in New York, that Ian was really weird and creepy. I have a tivo I got for christmas that I will probably return, I already have the cable box that is a dvr or does it do other things beside record movies.

Rhonda I also give my mom alot of credit, she was working full time and taking care of 4 children, even at the age of 66 she still goes into Manhattan everyday for work. Very strong independent woman.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:14 AM   #52  
Donna

Morning Ladies,

As usual I'm procrastinating getting started for the day. Just not a morning person AT ALL! I'm proud of myself, yesterday I went to Curves even though I really didn't want too, and then went out with friends from work at a pizza place, and even though I was really hungry (I'd skipped lunch ) I only had a salad and one glass of wine, and then came home and made chicken w/leeks and mushrooms and broccoli for dinner .

It's really frigid here too it's 17*F right now and supposed to fall all day . I'm supposed to walk today (Curves MWF and walk TTS) but I don't know. I have to go into work, so maybe I'll stay and walk around the museum it's .8 mi around, so 4 laps ought to do it. I've done that before, it's a nice indoor place to walk.

All you guys make me tired with your schedules! Makes me remember when I worked in the real world, and doesn't make me want to go back although my bank balance says I really should (not to mention DH).

Well, I should probably get moving.

Have a great day everyone.

- Tech
Old 01-25-2007, 10:15 AM   #53  

Good morning froufy we must have been posting at the same time, wow that is really cold, I am dreading tomorrow which is suppose to be 18F but then we will go up in the 30's, I think there is an artic blast for tomorrow. This morning we had a little snow it is all gone now, really lucked out with the snow this year, (SO FAR). I Must also exercise today, I did do 50 crunches last night with ds he thought it was fun.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:22 AM   #54  

Happy morning to you all! It's going to be a great day, I can just tell!!

Frouf, I laughed at the whining machine comment. Boy howdy, do I ever know what you're talking about! And I do NOT miss those days at all! I'm just glad my "baby" is almost 21 and gone, although of course I miss her.

They're calling me -- must go for a while, but I shall be back later.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:58 AM   #55  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Exclamation

Ya well the whining machine was sent upstairs WITHOUT DINNER - then eventually came to visit 'daddy' (he knows Dad is a bigger suck than Mom and will let him get away w/things). The real wailing began when I told him we had plans to go to dinner then to a (kiddie) movie he wanted to see - well what a fountain that caused. Such dramatic carrying on! What a great actor!

My favorite is when he said he had 'already learned his lesson' (after being in his room for about 1 hour) - which was I asked? "not to whine so much" - told him we might 'try again' another night - but at least I nipped this in the bud. He didn't seem too happy with me!

Time for lunch!

Frouf
Old 01-25-2007, 12:26 PM   #56  

Height: 5' 10"

Hello all. Well I did wi yesterday, stayed the same again. Not sure what is going on - I'm sticking to plan. I did decided to flore. Last night I wrote down everything I had yesterday and my plan for today and figured out the points. Per the new materials, I should be at 25 pts a day. Guess what, my food only had come to about 18 pts. Hmm, thats a problem. I do eat during the day but alot of veggies and fruit. So, I added cottage cheese to breakfast and some soup with my lunch. I have not been eating alot of protein in the morning. So that will be one change. Lets see what next week brings.

Frouf, yes, we will ALL exercise tonight! I added a bit to my nightly walk. Its now over a mile, I'll add one more telephone pole over the next few nights.

Kathy, bravo on the healthy lunch! Its great everyone joined in. We have a department lunch tomorrow. I'm bringing a big salad that I know I'll be able to eat. Its a potluck, so I figure worse case I have salad and nothing else. I'll also bring a can of soup, just in case!

Niki, sorry to hear about your son's freind moving. It heart breaking to have our kids dissapointed.

I'm off to make a new ticker for the frouf challenge. BBL.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:28 PM   #57  

Hi all! I did well at weigh-in last night...down 1.2. Makes me happy, because now I only have 2.4 to go till I'm to my WW "goal" and I'm back at Lifetime (which = no paying). I just have to make sure I keep with it this week.

Middle dd is home from school again today, sick, with coughing, fever, the works. I know little dd is going to get it soon too...I see it in her eyes. I predict Friday night or Saturday. Sometimes I hate knowing everything.

Angela
Old 01-25-2007, 04:05 PM   #58  
focused and aiming

hi there. i'm taking some time out before and . i love to type those things. my weight was down 1.5 lbs from yesterday so i can eat, shoot, and lose. life is good.

i don't have much time here, so i'll type fast. we're leaving directly from ww in the am for bozeman. i won't be online till sun evening at the earliest. i want all of you to know i'm thinking of you and wishing you a wildly wonderful weekend.

kathy, is she the one who is a backup singer with little self-confidence (so far). i like her, too.

rhonda, i miss your perkiness. you must have been really really tired last night. we had fish today. i'm trying for at least 3 x per week.

what wonderful memories you have of your mother. your post made me remember mine, too. thank you for bringing back those memories.

frouf, tech, and rhonda, our weather is moderate right now. lots of folks out taking walks today. i hope you get some warmer weather soon. been there done that. we nearly froze a couple of weeks ago. in fact, one lady said her hair froze to her stocking cap on her way home from w a and she was driving.

frouf, i'm glad you nipped that headache before it got you down. okay, now you can

niki, that's so sad about ds. bless his heart. i'm glad you're lining up playdates for him. that will help.

angela!! i am so happy for you. it'll be great not having to pay any more. way to go, girl.

well, i need to make a "lose to cruise" ticker. see ya later.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:38 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghiowa View Post
Sometimes I hate knowing everything.
Angela
You're a mom! You're supposed to know everything!

However, I'm sorry to hear that you're going to go thru this round of sickness. I hope they don't have it for too long.

And congratulations on the loss!! Woohoo! I'm sure you were really excited!!

We just found out that our opening day is on April 6, which is Good Friday (so some in our group won't be able to have hotdogs) but worse than that, it's a school holiday and lots of people will be off work. Tickets will go FAST! Luckily, we've already got ours ... individual ticket sales start Mar. 2 but our friend bought 2 seats of season tickets, and another friend bought a mini-plan right next to him. The second friend can't go and the first friend with 2 seats bought them so he could always take someone. He's not married and doesn't have a girlfriend. Anyway, those will be ours.

It's nearly time to go home!! YAY!!
Old 01-25-2007, 04:48 PM   #60  

Sorry, Sandra. It was taking me forever to type that post because I was doing work in between, so I didn't see what you said until just now.

Yes, she's the backup singer. I can't wait to see what she does in Hollywood.
Closed Thread