Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 09:54 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

I'm in! Definitely ... so that's like the first week of March or thereabouts? I just know we can all do it!

Well, that spread is calling my name LOUDLY. I put 2 oz. in a little container to take to work for my crackers; it'll make a lovely snack. I hope I can make it thru the regular meals and hold out until mid-afternoon. If I know me, I'll be going back tomorrow afternoon to buy more. Plus they had such a wonderful assortment of sliced smoked salmon. This could turn into a serious addiction.

Now I really am going to bed. Oh and I chuckled with your description of your "pauper DS" and his flood pants. Poor little guy! I'm sure he loved getting new duds.

You tell Emily to buckle down. One day (in the far, far distant future) she will thank you for riding her butt and making her be a decent human. Remember, I said far, far distant future.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:38 AM   #17  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Thanks for the morale support. I'm just scared. I don't know when I'll go to the Cardiologist. The Doctor wants me to take the antibiotic and Clarinex first for at least a week and then we'll discuss how quickly I need to proceed.

I hope you all have a good day. I'm sticking to the program and will be continuing to weigh in and attend meetings. It's the best thing I can do for myself.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:05 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning all. The scale is not my friend today -- I've been good and its now up! What the heck -- maybe its the gravitaional pull or something. I'm trying to not let it discourage me and let myself skip wi tomorrow. I made a nice frittata for breakfast and then I'll consume vats of water. Lets see what the bugger says tomorrow. I'm thinking I might try the "flore" plan for the next week or so -- stick to core foods but count points. I'm obviously not doing something right since the scale is turning on me. Who knows, maybe I'm not eating enough???? Who knows. Tomorrow is a new day, I did purchase the welcome kit last week and there is a 30 day journal. I'm in for the froufie challenge. I don't think I'll make the 10pds by valentines day. Oh well.....

Vickie, I'm glad the Dr gave you the allergy medicine, I hope you see a difference soon. Don't put off the cardiologist too long. Not something to take lightly. My sister saw hers yesterday -- the good news is that she isn't going to drop from a heart attack (his actual words!), but he is determined to figure out why she is getting chest pains. They have ruled out alot of things so far - the obvious ones, but she is feeling better about things. The good thing is that this Dr wants to find out what is going on. The last Cardiologist she saw told her she didn't need to come back. Nice guy...

Kathy and Frouf - you now have me craving a bagel with lox spread. I haven't had it in years, but I do like it! Hmmmm, good thing the scale is being mean, otherwise I may have splurged!

Welcome back Nicki! I'm trying to be good, but its been over a year that I've been working to lose these 7 pds. But I keep trying!! Thats all we can do, right?

Rhonda, who keeps bringing those cookies???? Maybe you need to start a new trend - veggies and dip or how about a bowl of fruit. That could be a nice change. Our office is similar in that there always seems to be food around -- in meetings, in certain locations. I have to admit,its where I bring treats I want out of my house!

Well, getting ready for a busy day. We have snow on the ground finally.Sarah is itching to get out and build a snow man -- not going to be much of a snow man considering we have less than a 1/2 inch. But, heck, she's 3.. Then its off to gymnastics, back home for lunch, then 1:00 we are checking out a summer camp. Then stop off at the grocery store to pick up a few things I forgot on Saturday, home for nap time (woo hoo!), then it will be time to cook dinner, bath time and bed time. Geesh, a quick day. During nap time I have about 2 hours of work I brought home -- I've been bringing these files home with me every night for over a week and I just don't seem to look at them.

I'll stop back later if I can. Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:06 AM   #19  
Donna

Good morning All,

Sorry, I wasn't around this weekend, sounds like everyone had a busy one. I got dn's quilt finished (I only work well under pressure) and now he has it if he wants to take it back to school with him. Did so-so diet wise and didn't exercise hardly at all, but I was back on track yesterday and hopefully wi tonight will be freindly. Gotta get moving, have to pick my folks up at the airport in an hour, they're flying back from Rio (man are they gonna freeze!!!!).

Vicki - I'm with everyone else try not to stress too much, I know easier said then done Hope the new meds help.

Kathy - I think it was you complaining about the kids leaving stuff all over, I asked my BIL how he liked being an empty nester when his youngest left for school and he said the best part was "stuff stayed where he put it", I just had to laugh.

Frouf - Hope your lunch goes well. My biggest challenge is always eating out.

Rhonda - "Eat less, Move more" sounds about right to me. Now let's stick to it.

Well, gotta go. I need to be ready to pick up those world travelers when their plane lands. I'll try to check back later.

Have a great day everyone.

- Tech
Old 01-23-2007, 09:29 AM   #20  
Melissa

Morning everyone!
I thought I'd come by and tell you about my WW meeting experience last night. I enjoyed it much more than I expected. I didn't like how late it made me getting home, but it was a good experience. I'm thinking about buying a month pass and going for a month straight to get me started off on the right foot. I got all the new stuff and looked at it last night. The new core plan is not as different as I thought, it's basically how I was doing it before.
In one of the booklets it suggests making a turkey salad with thick-cut roasted deli turkey. Do you all think this is a mistake or does it have something to do with the thickness? That seems strange.
But anyway a friend went with me from work and I think we'll probably go back again. There's just something about knowing I'll have to get back on that scale that's quite motivating. Besides the fact that what I weighed last night was my highest weight ever. Talk about depressing.
So how are the rest of you? I'm going to try to catch up a little bit. I'm off work today!
Old 01-23-2007, 09:36 AM   #21  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well I am still salivating about the smoked salmon - and I see on the lunch menu of the place we're going to they do have some sort of smoked salmon under the 'salad' section....hmmmm????

Glad to see I have LOTS OF COMPANY on the "Lose to Cruise" Challenge - ends on March 1st (as I take off on march 2nd!). I figure minimum 6 lbs - to 10 lbs - and see where we can get to!

Tech - more info on the 'world travellers'? Where and when? (inquiring minds want to know!).

Vickie - hang in there - sounds like you are doing the best you can. Congrats on sticking to it despite your challenges!

Rhonda - I agree - break with tradition and bring in a fruit platter! We used to have TONS of food in our office - and I was unfortunately in full view and smell of it. Since we have moved offices - our layout is a bit different - not only do we not have as much daily temptations, but at least when they are out they are not close to me or in my view!

Melissa - congrats on getting back to the meetings! You sound very inspired so I know you will do well!

Ate major 'protein' for breakfast and will have a fruit snack later so I am not starving when we head out for the restaurant lunch. I almost forgot I have my women's group meeting tonight so I will go if dh can pick up dd from dance class tonight - but this means more 'food' in my face - usually there is fresh fruit so I will not nibble on anything else (like the cookies, candies, cakes, etc).

I did not exercise last night (lazy froufie w/the sore toes) and if I"m out tonight won't have time again - so tomorrow I definitely need to hit the treadmill (with bandaged toes?).

Later,

Froufie
Old 01-23-2007, 10:22 AM   #22  
Melissa

Kathy, I'm so glad that the tests came back okay from the hospital. Try to stay away from that spread! I've never had that but it sounds like it's a good thing. I hope you got some good rest last night.

Frouf, 10 pounds sounds great! I'm sure that you can do it, and maybe the rest of us will feel motivated enough to tag along. Of course we don't get the wondering reward that you do!

Sandra, hey friend, are you doing okay? You sound tired or down or something. I'm back on the boat gf and I need your help. You know how fickle I am. And you're doing SO wonderful!

Vickie, It just never ends, does it? I'm thinking about you.

Rhonda, I like your zen philosophy. Sounds like a winner!

Niki, welcome back!! We missed you.

Well I'm off to do some Pampered Chef stuff, exercise, walk the pup and get ready for Aaron's concert tonight. I should probably clean up this dirty house too. Oh and I must work on my resume! I've GOT to get a new job (I know I've been saying this as long as you all have known me).
Old 01-23-2007, 10:41 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All...just saying good morning. Busy day and no time to write now. Be back tonight....

Rhonda
Old 01-23-2007, 10:42 AM   #24  

Good morning Ladies, it is good to be back. I had a busy morning, I am making Egg Muffins with onions,zucchini & FF cheese and I am also making the Mock Apple Berry for snacks during the week. Count me in for the "Cruise to Lose" challenge, I would love to lose 10lbs by March, I will be 42 on March 10th so I am trying to make 42 my magic number and get all this weight off.

Kathy thank you for the welcome! I must try some smoked salmon, it sounds delicious

Froufy the kiddies are doing great thanks for asking ds has lost his 3rd baby tooth and dd is finally potty trained Yeah!! how are your kids, is your daughter still being a Teenager
We have really lucked out with the weather, it was in the fifties here up to last week, and just a dusting of snow this morning which is already gone. How is the weather in Canada, I bet it is cold.

Vickie hope the meds work for you and you feel better soon

Sandra are you still watching Prison Break & 24, I am addicted to those shows. I see by your stats that you are doing great, good for you!

Hi Paula thank you for the welcome. Don't get discouraged with the scale, when I was weighing myself daily I got different weights each time I went on, it is frustrating but sometimes you lose inches before the weight difference shows, but now I go by how my clothes feel and try not to weigh myself daily.

Good morning Melissa, are you still selling Pampered Chef? The new core program allows you to eat Deli Meat?

Good morning Tech, how you have a good weigh in.

Good morning Rhonda

Gotta go eat my egg muffins, haven't had breakfast yet, check back in a bit.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:17 AM   #25  

Height: 5'7"

Melissa, are you off work today? It sounds like you've got a busy schedule ahead.

You too, Rhonda. Don't wear yourself out! And you know what? I never realized until you said something about it yesterday that you didn't have children. I guess it just never occurred to me.

I'm supposed to be working, so I'd better get back to it. I'll check back in after while though.

Vickie, hang in there, girl.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:40 AM   #26  
Melissa

Yes I'm off work! Today AND tomorrow!!
Old 01-23-2007, 04:05 PM   #27  
focused and aiming

i'm in!! i definitely need some help, girls. i am finding now that when i cut back, i'm too weak to do what i need to be doing. yesterday i did almost 2 hours . ate a light dinner , lighter bfast this am--then tried to train for about 2 hours. training was almost useless. i didn't have enough strength. so? i'm going to eat better meals--core or close--still keep up with pts--try not to eat anything but fruit between meals.

the "10 lbs off by froufie's cruise" will give me something to focus on. let's do it!!

vickie, i'm glad your doctor is watching you closely. sounds like you have a good one. i hadn't thought of anxiety till froufie mentioned it. that is a possibility. congratulations on staying op. attending those meetings will definitely help; plus, they will lift your spirits.

paula, the tides may be pulling your scales. i think you're wise to flore. you'll see how well you're doing that way.

hi there, tech. wow, your parents went to rio! that's impressive. do you get to travel much with them? did you decide to join the new challenge?

hi there, melissa. i am so happy you went to ww last night. i think you should go for longer than a month. (but what do i know?) i do know that accountability helps me. i'm glad you're off today but am wondering why. are you feeling all right?

you're right. i was down last night. i was having a mini pity party. i call it "mini" cuz i didn't overeat. but i was feeling awfully sorry for myself. i have been losing the same 4 lbs since before thanksgiving. it's time i got busy heading down the scales. remember how last year i whined about having to forget dieting cuz of archery? i've been struggling with that mentality again. i need energy to shoot. i just need to choose wisely. i need your help. let's do this, podna.

frouf, "lose to cruise." okay, now i have the title right so i can start losing. march 1 is a big day for us, too. we leave for salt lake on march 1 for the big national indoor championship. last year i looked HORRIBLE in what i had to wear. i felt miserably sloppy. not this year!! i'll settle for 6-10, too. sounds like a good idea.

rhonda, i hope you're having a good day. i'll be back later to read what you have to say.

hi there, niki. it's so good to read your posts again. curtis and i are still watching prison break, but we have never gotten in to 24. i'm excited about the "lose to cruise" challenge, aren't you? life is good.

kathy, it's amazing how much we keep learning about each other here on the boards, isn't it? i think i know more about all of you than i do most of my friends who live close to me. all our friendships are growing and growing. makes me smile.

melissa, i just saw where you're off tomorrow, too. are you sure you want a new job?
Old 01-23-2007, 04:07 PM   #28  
focused and aiming

i forgot to give ya'll a weight training report. the lady who's going to teach me and i haven't connected yet. we're still playing phone tag. my last message i left her was that i could meet her either this thurs afternoon or sometime next week.

in the meantime, i'm starting "gentle yoga" today. it's right before on tues/thurs. i'm going to give it a go.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:05 PM   #29  
Donna

Good Evening everyone,

Kind of down here, I went to WW and weighed exactly the same as last week. I was really hoping I'd be down at least what I gained last week. I didn't do that bad .

Oh well, I really have to get back on track. But at least I still went for a walk when I got home, even if it was not a really long one.

Frouf & Sandra - instead of moving to somewhere warm for their retirement my parents do 2-3 cruises a year, plus a multi-week trip down south mid-winter (Feb/March). We don't usually go with them. Although last winter we went to Fort Lauderdale and stayed with them for a while since they had a 2 bed condo. We joke they're spending our inheritance, but I figure they made it they should enjoy it

I'm hesitant to join the challenge, because I lose really slow, particularly in winter when I'm not working. But maybe it's the challenge I need.

I just heard dh and the younger dog get back, so time for dinner

Have a great night all.

- Tech
Old 01-23-2007, 07:38 PM   #30  
focused and aiming

tech, i lose slowly, too. this challenge isn't a competition among us. it's just a challenge to ourselves to work hard. (at least that's the way i interpret it.) there's no prize for losing other than having the lbs off and the benefits that come with that. give it a thought. we'd love to have you join us.
Closed Thread