3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Core Chat for January 1-7, 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/100825-core-chat-january-1-7-2007-a.html)

ontarget 01-01-2007 06:36 AM

Core Chat for January 1-7, 2007

WELCOME TO 2007 !!:hug:

thought i'd start the new year with a new chat thread. are you as excited as i am about the new year? i woke up early this morning and am now in the process of rereading my ww materials. i feel like i'm starting the new year with a bang! i haven't been this excited in quite a while. i have felt for some time now that 07 was going to be a great year. guess i'm ready to start enjoying.

Katpo 01-01-2007 09:23 AM

It IS going to be a great year, I can already tell! I even had a good sign this morning ... when I stepped on the scale, it said 130.4. I blinked and looked again, then I stepped off and got back on. The second time, it said 146. Shucks!! :lol: I guess it's time to change the battery!

But at least I've got a good starting place and haven't gained anything over the holidays, so that's good.

Everyone have a really great day! I'll be back in a while.

derrydaughter 01-01-2007 09:34 AM

Thanks for the new thread and welcome to 2007. I think re-reading all the WW materials is really a great idea.
I've got to recommitt myself and it's hard to break bad habits.
I'm going to write up a menu for the week, I think, and post it on my refrigerator so I can be accountable.
Linda

Vickie 01-01-2007 10:05 AM

:newyear: EVERYONE!!!!

Good Luck to all of us. I, for one, intend to be much smaller at this time next year. You can hold me to that.

Vickie 01-01-2007 10:09 AM

Good Morning Chicks! I LOVE the idea of rereading the WW materials, especially since I didn't take the time to read the new ones when the came out. I was too busy getting ready for the holidays. I'll do that today.

Kathy, how exciting for you to see 130. ****...I'd be happy to see 230!

Sandra, did you bring in the New Year in the hot tub?! You lucky girl.

Linda, I've been making menus a couple of days ahead and it seems to be helping me to stay on plan.

I've got nothing planned today except for cooking dinner and working on the medical bills for tax time. Actually, my stomach is feeling kind of queasy. I'll be taking it pretty darned easy.

What are you all up to today?

aghiowa 01-01-2007 11:42 AM

Today we have Christmas finally with the in-laws. It's the first time since before Christmas that dh's family is all in the same state. :) So we'll go over, have lunch, and exchange gifts.

Last night we had our traditional seafood and game fest for New Year's Eve. I had a good time and definitely didn't overeat. Unfortunately, I had overeaten all day before that. I really hope I've not gained this week, although I can expect it. :(

I have resolved to make healthy choices this day/week/month/year. I haven't been in the last few days, and I feel icky.

I will also re-read my WW materials...sounds like a good idea to me.

Later!
Angela

ontarget 01-01-2007 12:32 PM

howdy there, chickies. i am slowly fading away. not weight--energy. i will probably be taking a nap later on. i did get in some treadmilling this morning. my plan is to do an hour a day of some kind of exercise every day. i am not going to count archery training but will count tournament time.

i finished re-reading my ww materials and am armed and ready. there's enough core food in the house so i'm good to go.

it's good to see all the enthusiasm here. 07 is going to be "the year of the chicks." i feel it in my bones.

kathy, i'd be happy to see 146. i'll bet you were excited when you saw 130. i don't know if i'd fix my scales or not.

vickie, we hot tubbed around 11:30. we tried to wait but couldn't. it was nice out there on the deck with fireworks in the valley below. (other folks weren't waiting for midnight either. :lol:) i hope you're feeling better. i'm glad you don't have to do a lot today. :bubbles: (i don't have to do much either.)

linda, that's a good idea about posting your week's menu. i'm not that prepared.

angela, i'll bet you have a weightloss this week.

Tejas 01-01-2007 12:37 PM

Good afternoon all:

I slept in until 10:30, took doggies out and now I start the cooking. It won't be too difficult to prepare but it will be difficult not to eat what I'm making for others. But, I'm gonna make it through this day with restraint.

Vickie: From the last thread: I'd be happy to spend time with you. So, when I head for Chicago, I'll let you know! OR, you come this way and I we'll paint the town CORE.

I'm very excited about the New Year. This time last year I thought what could be so hard about losing a pound a week. I found out and I'm humbled by it. So, this year, I'll try again!! :D

Have a great day everyone..the sun is shining here, it's about 40F and it feels like a North Texas, not a Toronto, New Years.

When I put the food in the oven, I'm headed out for a 30 minute power walk :running:

Rhonda

Tejas 01-01-2007 12:39 PM

I'll accept your Sweetheart Challenge Sandra...now, I just have to figure out how to add a tracker! :comp:

ontarget 01-01-2007 01:05 PM

rhonda, right click on my tracker then follow the directions. when you get to the end copy the url that's for posting on 3fc.

then go to "user cp" then to "edit signature" and paste it in. that's all there is to it. :bubbles: (kathy taught me how to do it.)

Vickie 01-01-2007 01:18 PM

Hey Chicks! I'm about to make farina/cream of wheat pancakes for lunch. It's all Core and I got it off of BCB's. I'll let you know if it's good. I just got online to make sure that farina and cream of wheat measure the same. Jim is eating lo sloppy joes but I had enough of them.

He rented three movies for us. Right now we are watching Little Miss Sunshine. So far, I'm not liking it so much. Maybe it will get better.

Talk to you all later.

Vickie 01-01-2007 02:41 PM

The pancakes were good. They had a bit of a buckwheat texture. The recipe was definitely for two people. I'll cut it in half next time and make it less sweet. I'll share when I perfect it.

The Froufie roast is all rubbed up and in the refrigerator marinating. Yum....yum.

Tejas 01-01-2007 03:55 PM

Ham is in the oven (I know it says to just serve at room temperature, but I know TOO MUCH about food borne bugs and this ham will be cooked again!). The potatoes are ready for the pot; the peas (green and black-eyed for good luck) are in their pots. Pie is made and on the back stoop because there is NO room in the 'fridge.

Guests arriving in 1/2 hour and, Chickies, this is the LAST big meal I cook in the house until I get a new stove. The temperature control on the elements is GONE, GONE, GONE :tantrum: What should have been easy was a nightmare!

Rhonda

Katpo 01-01-2007 04:24 PM

Good afternoon! I've been getting my exercise with sweeping and mopping. We have tile in the entry, which runs all down beside the living and dining room, then thru the kitchen and breakfast room. It was covered with muddy little doggyprints due to the rain we had the other day.

I don't know about you all, but I'm already tired of the "diet" commercials that are on TV. I'll be glad to go back to work tomorrow! Speaking of which, I have sweaters and jeans that need to be dropped off at the dry cleaners in the morning, so I'd better go ahead and put them in the car or I'll forget. MIL gives me cashmere sweaters every Christmas and I have quite a collection; love-love-LOVE them but I'm not crazy about the dry cleaning aspect of them.

Rhonda, I hope you get that new stove soon. There's nothing worse than trying to figure it all out when you don't know the temp. I had a stove once that cooked at whatever temp it wanted to, with absolutely no rhyme or reason. Good luck with your guests!

Vickie, the pancakes sound good. I'll have to try them after you get the recipe like you want it.

Dinner tonight will be broiled tilapia for us, and little steaks on the GF grill for Erin, who isn't a big fan of fish. She'll eat it but I figure I'll just make her something else. We'll also have broccoli and probably corn.

Break time is over ... back to the sweeping and mopping.

ontarget 01-01-2007 06:04 PM

hi there. we had a great core lunch of mahi mahi and veggies. curtis is now having some sf/ff pudding. i'll have mine with a banana later. i'm working extra hard to do "guidelines for healthy eating." i even got in 2 teaspoons oo at lunch. i'll have some sf hot chocolate later. getting the milk/oil has always been my problem. should i say HAD BEEN?

vickie, i'd love the recipe. i made the fall muffins that included cream of wheat and they were really good.

rhonda, will you lend me some money? we didn't eat any black-eyed peas. we're both too lazy to get dressed to go to the store today. oh, well.

kathy, you must have a lot of cashmere. wish i did. i'm enjoying my new jacket. so far i've gotten compliments on it every time i've worn it. i'm going to go through closets and rid some more clothes in a bit.