Cream Soup Substitutes

• Before core I used cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soups often in casseroles and other dishes. Has anyone found a way to mimic these flavors/soups in a core way? Just curious, as I miss them!
  • You might try and use ff evaporated milk? maybe add a bit of ff cream or lf cream if needed and/or milk? I'm sure it can be done!

Froufie
  • melissa, i read someone somewhere say something about the pts for a whole can being around 3. i'm not positive of that, but you might check. it might be easier to just count pts for what you're using. i wouldn't think it would be much.
  • Frouf, I hadn't thought of those. Thanks for the suggestions!

Sandra, I may just start using points for that. I love recipes like chicken and rice in mushroom soup. Yum.
  • Hi. I have another idea. Use broth and ff milk in a combination. Then thicken it with a small amount of cornstarch. The cornstarch is not core, but if you use a small enough amount it will point out to zero. Voila! That will be a good tasting substitute for creamed soups. I know it's not as easy, but I know it will work because I do this often when I have cooked chicken. I cube the chicken, put the above liquid in pot with chicken and onion. Add peas and Minute Brown Rice and cook it up. At the last minute I'll thicken it with cornstarch. You can use any seasonings you like: steak seasoning, thyme, poultry seasoning--sky's the limit. Hope you like this idea. Although the points for a can of soup are sure enticing! Good luck.
    Itry
    Judy