What Can I Make with Leftover Turkey?

• I have a pound of sliced turkey leftover that I'd like to make into a hot main dish. Any Core suggestions? Casseroles are ok. I'm usually pretty good at this but the turkey has me thrown. I'd be willing to pay points for some cornstarch, if necessary.
  • If you hadn't mentioned casseroles, I would have said tortilla soup. It's what I always do with my leftover chicken and turkey (the meat, broth, corn, chopped onion and a package of taco seasoning). No tortilla chips, of course.

But for casseroles -- how about adding Ro-Tel and FF cheese? Or bake it with brown rice and vegetables?

I have to stop thinking about it though; I'm making myself hungry. Good luck and be sure to let us know what you did! I need new ideas!
  • Hmm, that's a tough one. I wonder if you could use it in your pizza glop recipe - kind of substitute it for the canadian bacon??? Or layer it with veggies and mashed potatoes like a turkey-flavored shepherd's pie? How thick are the slices? If they're thicker, you could "bread" them with cornmeal + spices, and pan-fry them and serve with some kind of starch. You could even concoct some kind of gravy-type sauce with ff chicken broth and cornstarch, although I'm sure the Core police would be all over me on that one. Cut it up and put it in bean soup? Or Kathy's tortilla soup would be good.

Let us know what you decide to do with it,
    Angela
  • I've been thinking about trying to make some "gravy" out of FF sour cream and chicken bouillon. If it was creamy and tasted good, it would be great to put on top of oven-fried chicken breasts.
  • I vote for SOUP! chop it up w/veggies, broth or tomato soup/sauce...maybe some ww pasta?

Otherwise definitely a shepherd's pie thing - w/veggies, mashed potatoes - and a sauce from broth and cornstarch!

I am so hungry now - must go find some lunch!

Frouf
  • You guys, as always, are the best! I'll try some kind of chicken broth/cornstarch sauce with brown rice and some veggies. You think rice would be better or noodles? I don't know, I'm kind of leaning toward noodles with turkey. Maybe a Core Turkey ala king? Hmmmmmm. It's frozed and vacuum sealed so I have some time to decide. Angela's recipe this morning made me think of it. Thanks!