6 stalks asparagus, finely chopped
5 cups chicken broth
1/2 tsp thyme
1 bay leaf
minced parsley
pepper to taste
1 cup chopped chicken breast
4 cups fat-free milk

Cook the brown rice with the soy sauce and water in a covered pot. Saute the garlic and onion in 1/4 cup chicken broth ( i used chicken bouillon cubes) in a large pot until tender. Add the chopped carrots and asparagus and cook until tender...you probably will need to add more broth. When this vegetable medley is tender...transfer all but 1/4 cup of it to a blender or food processer and puree. Spoon the puree back into your pot and stir in the rest of your chicken broth. Add seasonings, chicken, milk and cooked rice. Simmer for 20 minutes. Enjoy!!

Our family loves soup during the fall and winter months. I’m always scouring recipe books and the internet for great tasting, wholesome soups that will satisfy everyone!
This is a recipe I adapted from a diabetic cookbook so that it would a be “core” recipe! I know this sounds difficult with all the ingredients, but I was pleasantly surprised by the goodness of it so I thought I'd pass it along! I hope you enjoy!

Alicia
Closed Thread