1 chopped green bell pepper
    1 chopped sweet onion
    2/3 cup vegetable oil
    1 cup cider vinegar
    1 teaspoon celery seed
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon dry mustard
    1 cup splenda

Shred cabbage into a large bowl; toss with shredded carrots, green bell pepper and sweet onion.

In saucepan bring to boil vegetable oil, cider vinegar, celery seed, salt, dry mustard, and sugar; stir to dissolve sugar. Let cool slightly and then pour over cabbage mixture while still warm. Stir thoroughly, cover and refrigerate overnight.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 151 Calories; 12g Fat (70.2% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 204mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
  • CARROT HASHBROWNS MADE THE CORE WAY

2 or 3 carrots (grated)
    some chives
    some dehydrated onion flakes
    some chopped parsley
    salt
    pepper (if desired)
    2 slightly beaten eggs
    1/2 cup cornmeal
    1 cup water

1 teaspoon olive oil

i stirred all together except cornmeal/water. i nuked cornmeal/water for 2 minutes. then i stirred it in with other ingredients. next i formed the mixture into patties and fried in 1 teaspoon olive oil in an electric skillet that had been sprayed with butter flavored pam. i fried the patties @ 400* on both sides till browned.

dh likes this better than the polenta cornpones. they are thicker than the other and taste more "done."

ps: the original recipe called for a grated potato and 1/4 cup flour instead of the cornmeal/water mixture. i liked the new version just as well----and it's core!
  • HERE ARE SOME GRILLING RECIPES I HAD STASHED AWAY. YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN SOME OF THEM. I'M GOING TO BUY SOME VEGGIES AND GET STARTED ON THESE THIS WEEK.

GRILLED ASPARAGUS
    1 lb fresh asparagus
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    salt/pepper to taste

preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
    trim bottomw of asparagus. lightly coat spears with the oil. season with salt/pepper to taste.
    grill over high heat for 2-3 minutes or to desired tenderness.

gfg would work, too.

================================================== =============

CABBAGE ON THE GRILL

1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
    1 large head cabbage
    salt/pepper to taste

(you could also add sliced bell pepper and onion and ff margarine if desired)

preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate.
    cut cabbage into 8 wedges and remove the core.
    place all the wedges on a piece of foil big enough to wrap the cabbage in. season to taste with garlic powder, salt/pepper.
    grill over medium heat 30-40 minutes or till tender.

gfg would work, too.

================================================== ========

BEST POTATOES YOU'LL EVER TASTE (this is the real title. i got this from all recipes.com

3 tablespoons ff mayonnaise
    2 cloves garlic crushed
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    salt/pepper to taste
    5 potatoes quartered

in a small bowl, mix mayo, garlic, oregano, salt/pepper. set aside
    bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. add potatoes and cook till almost done (about 10 minutes. don't overcook otherwise the potatoes will break apart.) drain and cool.
    preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. lightly grease a large piece of foil.
    arrange potatoes in the prepared foil. spoon the mayo mixture over the potatoes. place on the prepared grill and cook till potatoes are tender and the mayo mixture is lightly browned. (about 10 minutes)

================================================== ============

OUTDOOR VEGETABLE SKILLER

1 (16 oz) pkg frozen brussels sprouts, thawed
    2 tomatoes peeled and chopped
    1 cup frozen pearl onions thawed
    1/2 cup ff french dressing
    salt/pepper to taste

in a medium bowl, mix sprouts, tomatoes, onions, ff french, salt/pepper. cover and let stand at room temperature approximately 2 hours. stirring occasionally.
    preheat grill for high heat.
    transfer sprouts mixture to a heavy medium skillet. cover and cook on prepared grill 10 minutes. uncover and continue cooking 5 minutes, stirring occasionally till sprouts are tender.

================================================== ==============

EASY CAJUN GRILLED VEGGIES

1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
    2 zucchinis cut into 1/2 inch slices
    2 large white onions, sliced into 1/2 inch wedges
    2 yellow squash cut into 1/2 inch slices.

in a small bowl, mix together olive oil, cajun seasoning, salt, cayenne, and worcestershire sauce. place zucchinis, onions, and yellow squash in a bowl and cover with the olive oil mixture. cover and marinate veggies in the fridge at least 30 minutes.
    preheat grill for high and lightly oil grate.
    place marinated veggie pieces on skewers or directly on the grill. cook 5 minutes or to desired doneness.

================================================== =============

FOIL WRAPPED VEGGIES

2.5 lbs new potatoes cut into 1/4 inch pieces
    1 large sweet potato cubed
    2 onions sliced 1/4 inch thick
    1/2 lb fresh green beans cut into 1 inch pieces
    1 sprig fresh rosemary
    1 sprig fresh thyme
    butter buds
    salt/pepper to taste
    1 tablespoon olive oil

preheat grill to high heat.
    in a large bowl mix veggies, rosemary, thyme, salt/pepper and oil. toss to coat.
    using 2 to 3 layers of foil, create desired number of foil packets. spray inside surfaces of packets with pam. distribute veggie mixture evenly among the packets. seal tightly.
    place packets on grill. cook 30 minutes or to desired doneness.

================================================== ===========

GRILLED ZUCCHINI

1 large zucchini
    1/4 cup ff italian style dressing

slice zucchini into 1/4 inch slices. toss in a bowl with salad dressing.
    place on hot grill and grill about 4 - 5 minutes or till nice grill marks appear and the zucchini is slightly limp. serve and enjoy.
  • CREAMED SPINACH

10 oz chopped frozen spinach thawed
    1/2 cup ff evaporated milk
    1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    salt/pepper to taste

in a blender or food processor, combine spinach and milk. puree till smooth.
    transfer mixture to a medium saucepan and add onion flakes and garlic powder. set pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. cook 5 minutes till thich. season with salt/pepper to taste.

================================================== =====
  • FRIED CORN

cooking spray3 cups frozen corn kernals thawed
    1 green bell pepper sliced
    1 red bell pepper, sliced
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1/4 cup water
    salt/pepper to taste

spray large skillet with spray (use olive oil if you prefer) heat over medium heat till hot. add corn, bell pepper, and garlic to skillet. spray generously with spray. cook, covered, over medium-low heat till veggies are tender and browned about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
    stir water into skillet ; cook, covered, over low heat till water is absorbed. about 15 minutes. season to taste with salt/pepper.
  • SAUTEED SUGAR SNAP PEAS

2 teaspoons ff margarine
    1/4 cup red onions chopped
    2 cups frozen sugar snap peas thawed
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    salt/white pepper to taste

add margarine to nonstick skiller (olive oil would work). and place over medium heat till hot. add onions and sautee 2-3 minutes till tender. add peas and remaining ingredients. sautee 3-4 minutes till peas are tender.
  • TENATA -- A DEAR FRIEND GAVE ME THIS RECIPE AT TOPS.

layer these veggies and other ingredients in a casserole dish sprayed with pam.

green peppers
    onions
    zucchini
    squash
    tomatoes
    string beans

drizzle 2 tablespoons oil on top. then top with a can of chopped chilies.

bake at 350* for 1 hour.

top with ff grated parmeson cheese.
  • ROASTED PINEAPPLE

1 fresh pineapple, peeled, halved, cored, and cut into 1/4 inch slices
    freshly ground black pepper

generously spray skillet with non-fat spray (or use olive oil if trying to get in your daily fat)
    add pineapple slices in one layer and cook over medium heat about 7 minutes till fruit renders its juices and begins to sizzle. turn the pineapple over and cook another 3 minutes. you may have to do this step in two batches.
    sprinkle the fruit with pepper and place under broiler for about 30 seconds just to brown the edges.
  • CAN'T BE EASIER APPLE SALAD

3cups chopped apple, cored and unpeeled
    1 cup seedless red grapes halved
    1 (6 oz) container ff/sf yogurt (any flavor)
    2 packets splenda
    in a large bowl combine all ingredients.
    cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes
    gently stir again and serve.
  • ROASTED BROCCOLI/CAULIFLOWER

1 pound broccoli
    1 head cauliflower
    salt/pepper
    preheat oven to 500*. wash and drain broccoli and cauliflower. pat dry and cut into florets. arrange florets in a single layer on a baking sheet and spray with pam. salt/pepper. turn broccoli/cauliflower over and spray with pam and salt and pepper again. roast turning once for 12 minutes or till just tender.

(of course, you can toss it with olive oil or drizzle with olive oil) if you like.)
  • COKE SALAD

1 small pkg sf lemon jello
    1 small pkg sf cherry jello
    1 (15 oz) can crushed pineapple in its own juice
    1 (15 oz) can cherries packed in watter. chop if desired.
    1 (12 oz) can caffeine free diet coke (may use club soda)

place pineapple in 2 qt pan on stove on medium low, heat. add jello and stir till dissolved. add cherries and coke. pour into glass bowl and refrigerate 4 hours or till firm. may use any combination of jello you like.
  • what do you request to use to dip???
  • another quick suggestion for mexican rice is brown rice and salsa!!! Its a quick and good
  • i don't understand your question. are you wanting a dip or something to dip with?

a quick dip would be ranch mix and fat free sour cream.

dippers would be celery, broccoli, cauliflower, etc...
  • Core Italian Pasta Salad
    I made this one up the other day. It turned out delicious! The amounts are approximate, so bear with me.

8 oz whole wheat angel hair pasta
    a couple small tomatoes (or fewer large ones )
    a green pepper
    2 T. fresh basil
    drizzle of olive oil
    garlic salt
    fat free Parmesan cheese (I admit, I used regular full fat Parmesan)

Boil the pasta till done, then drain and put in a large bowl. Chop tomatoes and green pepper into bite sized pieces and add to pasta. Shred basil; add. Mix well. Drizzle olive oil over mixture to taste. Add garlic salt and Parmesan cheese to taste. Mix well. Serves great hot or cold.

Angela