Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 03:17 PM   #1  

Default what shall I do with my ground turkey??

I have a lovely lb of ground turkey, what shall I make with it this week?
Kally
Old 11-08-2004, 04:31 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

In my not so humble opinion toss it in the trash! LOL!

Ok well you can do just about anything with it you can do with ground beef. So look at some of the recipes in the Meats section and see if they are a good core one.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:37 PM   #3  

toss it in the trash? I love this stuff. come on, something unique and different. lol
Old 11-08-2004, 05:20 PM   #4  

Turkey burgers - held together better by adding bulgar that has been soaked in warm water for a half hour. Stuff a little blue cheese in the middle and grill them up.

Meatloaf - use instant oatmeal instead of bread or breadcrumbs.

Meatballs - Doesn't everyone love meatballs?
Old 11-08-2004, 08:11 PM   #5  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

You will have to excuse Kelly. She despises ground turkey. LOL

Personally thats all I cook with. I never buy ground beef anymore. Haven't in about 4 or 5 years.

You could do turkey burgers, meatballs, spaghetti sauce, spicey polenta, chili, sloppy joes on and on...
Old 11-09-2004, 10:04 AM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

Yes to me it has absolutely no flavor whatsoever but I really was just teasing you.

That is why I referred you to the recipe section for any ground meat recipe. You can subsitute ground turkey for any ground meat (beef, pork, or chicken).
Old 11-09-2004, 11:01 AM   #7  

Default hey i knew you were joking

one thing i have learned is that, no matter what others think of a food, it is not worth eating if i don't like it. life is too short.

what is spicy polenta?
cheers
Old 11-09-2004, 08:51 PM   #8  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kally
one thing i have learned is that, no matter what others think of a food, it is not worth eating if i don't like it. life is too short.

what is spicy polenta?
cheers
I got this from a friend. Don't know where she got. Made it last week and its wonderful!

Polenta with Salsa Beef

Heat 1/4 cup olive oil over med-hi (I used *much* less oil than this and it turned out fine. I think I used about 2 Teaspoons)
Add a cup of the cornmeal and stir/whisk until coated.
Add two cans (~4 cups) of chicken broth and stir/whisk.
Continue stirring until mixture begins to boil. (This takes a few minutes, but you'll see it start to thicken. Be careful, once it starts to boil, it'll spew like tomato sauce. You should be able to tell when it's close, though.) Cover and reduce heat to very low for about 20 more minutes.

Chop pepper and saute in about a tablespoon of oil (I didn't use any oil at all for this). Cover and let cook until tender (about 5 minutes). Crumble in ground meat and cook until no longer pink. Add 2 cups of salsa and stir to combine. Let cook uncovered about 5 or 10 minutes until thick.

Spoon polenta into bowls and spoon beef mixture on top. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, if desired.
Closed Thread