3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Side Dishes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/side-dishes-51/)
-   -   Cold Broccoli Salad With Bacon (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/side-dishes/45020-cold-broccoli-salad-bacon.html)

Leenie 08-13-2004 11:00 AM

Cold Broccoli Salad With Bacon

Broccoli Salad

1/4 - 1/2 Pound Cooked Pork Bacon, crumbled (depends on your taste)
1 head fresh raw broccoli, cut into bite size pieces (I used only the flower part)
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
3 tablespoons white Vinegar
6 - 8 Pks Splenda (depends how sweet you like it)
1 cup mayonnaise
3 Tablespoons Light Cream
3 Tablespoons Water
2 Tablespoons Bacon Fat
1 Teaspoon Salt

Mix all ingred together and then pour over broccoli, refrig over night and enjoy next day.

vicki2kids 08-13-2004 11:24 AM

Yum, I just had this salad yesterday, and wondered if there was a skinny recipe for it.

Good thing I found this website.

dbh 09-03-2005 07:08 PM

What is the 'light cream'?

And, yes, this does sound delicious! Are there any carbs per serving, and what is an average serving?

Thanks!

Leenie 09-04-2005 05:47 PM

In the dairy section of the grocery store there is heavy cream, whipping cream (which is like heavy cream) half and half, light cream. You can use heavy cream and just water it down if you don't have the light.

The carbs come from the veggies so you'll need to figure out if you eat a cup, thats a cup of broccoli carbs + onion. I did figure out the carb count once, let me see if I can find it again :)

Leenie 09-04-2005 05:50 PM

Okay I found an old post.... here goes:

As far as carb count, that would depend on how much broccoli you use (eat) and how much splenda and onion you put in it. Just measure and count, then portion it out. If I remember correctly, it was like 4 g per serving, approximately (but worth every bite imho lol).

Approx Carb #'s:
1 Cup of Broccoli = 2.89 g carbs (flowers)
1/4 Cup of Onion = 2.8 g carbs (approx, all sites are different for some reason).
6 - 8 Splenda Packets = 6 - 8 g carbs
Light Cream = 1 g per oz

So depending on the amount of broccoli you use the # will be different. Some heads of broccoli are HUGE while others are small.

1/4 - 1/2 Pound Cooked Pork Bacon, crumbled (depends on your taste)
1 head fresh raw broccoli, cut into bite size pieces (I used only the flower part)
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
3 tablespoons white Vinegar
6 - 8 Pks Splenda (depends how sweet you like it)
1 cup mayonnaise
3 Tablespoons Light Cream
3 Tablespoons Water
2 Tablespoons Bacon Fat
1 Teaspoon Salt

HOPE THIS HELPS !!
Leenie

aovercast 10-11-2005 08:49 AM

OMG, this is my all time favorite salad that my mom makes. Now I can just tell her to make it with Splenda and I can still have it!

Corn Fed in Iowa 10-11-2005 02:23 PM

Is this the recipe that is in most delis with sunflower seeds and raisins in it?

If so.. this is the bomb! Raisins are bad.. but the other stuff is not! YUM YUM YUM!

This baby is getting printed!

aovercast 10-11-2005 07:48 PM

Brandy we never put raisins in it, but we have had it with sunflower seeds. It is the yummiest!

Leenie 04-08-2006 06:58 AM

I bet sliced almond on top would be great too. I'm glad you all like it.

startiff68 03-01-2010 10:48 AM

You cant lose with bacon...

Leenie 04-26-2015 09:11 PM

No you can't lose with bacon LOL