LEEK CASSEROLE MILANESE
187 cal.,14 g ttl fat,(7 g sat. fat),
44 mg chol.,
175 mg sodium,
10 g carb.,
3 g fiber,
and 3 g pro.
5-6 leeks (about 1 1/2 lb)
2 t cooking oil
1/2 c sliced oyster or button mushrooms
1/2 c dry white wine
3/4 c whipping cream
1/4-1/2 t salt
dash ground nutmeg
1/4 c soft bread crumbs
1/4 c shred parmesan cheese
1. trim roots and leaves several inches from the tops of leeks. remove
sand under water. drain. should have 3 cups.
2. 400 degrees. oil in skillet cook leeks 2-3 min. until tender.
3. remove leeks,set aside. then cook mushrooms
in skillet 3-5 min. add wine. bring to boiling then reduce heat. cook 4-5
min until most of the moisture evaporated. add whip crean, salt nutmeg.
return to boiling.
4. cook stir mushroom mixture until slightly thickened (about 3 min). add
leeks, pour into lightly greased 1 qt casserole. top with bread crumbs and
5. bake 20-25 min. makes 6 servings.
We're fat chicks, not doctors. Please see your physician before taking advice found on the internet.