Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 10:25 AM   #1  

Default Tri-Color Tomato Salad - 0 points

Oh, I found these beautiful tomatoes over the weekend and came up with this great way to show them off and experience their great flavor.

Serves 4

3 red tomatoes
3 yellow tomatoes
3 orange tomatoes
1 English (seedless) cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
1 small white or yellow onion, thinly sliced
3 Tbsp. fresh basil, sliced into thin strips
1/2 c. white wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. Slenda
Fresh ground salt & pepper to taste

Cut tomatoes into 4 wedges and cut wedges in half. You should get 8 chunks from each tomato. Place into a large bowl. Add cuke, onion and basil. In a small bowl, mix vinegar and Splenda. Pour over veggies and toss. Add salt & pepper to taste. Serve.

This has such a nice clean sweet and salty taste that really enhances these vegetables and it looks so pretty. My dear husband, who doesn't care much for veggies or salad, but eats them anyway, LOVED this.
Closed Thread