-------- ------------ ----------------
    5 Medium Sweet Potatoes -- Sliced
    1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
    1/4 Cup Brummel And Brown (Margarine)
    Orange Juice -- To Taste
    10 Ounces Marshmallows -- Mini
    Ground Cinnamon -- To Taste

Preheat over to 350 degrees F.

Boil sliced sweet potatoes in water until tender. Drain.

In a large bowl, blend the potatoes until creamy. Stir in the margarine, brown sugar, orange juice and a dash of ground cinnamon (to taste).

Spread the sweet potato mixture into a 9x13 ince pan. Sprinkle the mini marshmallows over the top and bake at 350 degrees F until golden brown.

WW Points = 3 points per serving

Nutritional Info:

Calories - 184.6
    Fat - 2.2
    Fiber - 1.4

Note: This is VERY GOOD!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

------------------
    [email protected]

• 1 very large or 2 medium sweet potatoes (1 1/2 lbs.) peeled, cut in half, then lengthwise into 8 wedges
    3/4 c orange juice
    1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp cumin
    1 tsp honey
    1/4 c dried cranberries or dried cherries (optional)

Toss potato wedges with orange juice, olive oil, cinnamon, cumin, honey and salt. Spread in a shallow baking dish, covered, in a 400 degree oven until fork tender but not mushy (about 45 min), basting once or twice during baking. Uncover for the last 15 minutes and sprinkle with cranberries or cherries if desired.

Makes 6 servings 2 pts per serving. 104 calories 1 g fat 2.3 g fiber

------------------

Ann P
  • I haven't made this one yet but it sure looks yummy.

------

* Exported from MasterCook *

Sweet Potato Kugel

Recipe By : No Cholesterol Passover Recipes
    Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : 3 Points Passover
    Side Dish

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    6 Sm Sweet Potato -- Peel And Grated
    3 Whole Apple -- Peel And Grated
    1 C Currants
    1 C Matzo Meal
    2 Tsp Cinnamon
    1 C Orange Juice -- Or Water

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix ingredients together. Press into large
    baking dish. Bake 45 minutes at 375 degrees until crisp
    on top. Serves 12.
  • Sweet Potato Kugel
    Hi there alaa: It's getting toward the "end" of my prepared foods for the holiday and found this recipe. Did you make it? Was it good? I'm wondering about it because it doens't have any eggs in it, and I've never seen a kugel recipe w/ no eggs. Please advise. Thanks.
  • Yes, I did. A serious winner. I can highly recommend it. I still have some leftovers and they are going quick. It doesn't seem to need any egg. Given that I went through 50+ eggs over the seders and leftovers, one dish without eggs was probably a Good Thing. I know I have low cholesterol, but I suspect I don't have that problem this week <smile>.

I'm planning to provide feedback on the various recipes and suggestions (see the food and points section for those) people. I'm hoping others do from their seders as well. I've been so busy this week I haven't had the time. The short form is everything was a keeper and it all worked great.

The Sweet Potato Kugel was one of my (and my guest's) favorites. I plan to make it again next year. The other good part is that it's easy to make. I peeled stuff while watching a videotape. 5 minutes beyond (with a little food processor help) everything was ready and in the oven. It's good to have some less fussy recipes when you are cooking for 19.

The only comment I'd make on the recipe is that I needed to cook it longer than the recipe said. I think this was because I increased the servings from the original recipe (which was 6 or 8, I think). I'm always conservative on the cooking time. It's easier to put stuff in longer than have it burnt. I think I cooked it 40+ minutes longer (I did the cook 15 minutes extra then check bit).

Let me know what you think.