This could easily be converted to Phase 1 by eliminating the carrots and wine.
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 cup diced onion
* 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
* 1 small red bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
* 2 medium carrots, diced (about 1 cup)
* 1/2 pound yellow zucchini, diced
* 1/2 pound green zucchini, diced
* 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans chickpeas
* 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
* 1/2 cup dry white wine
* 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
* 2 sprigs rosemary, plus 6 sprigs for garnish
* 1 bay leaf
* Freshly ground black pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes and cook 1 more minute. Add the bell pepper, carrots, yellow zucchini, and green zucchini and cook until just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the chickpeas, broth, white wine, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 2 rosemary springs, and bay leaf and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the rosemary sprigs and bay leaf.
To serve, use a slotted spoon to scoop the chickpea mixture onto a serving dish.
I don't use a few of these ingredients, so I substituted mine and your recipe is awesome! :mouse: Marcie
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:37 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2