Okay, i'll admit that I'm posting it before I've actually made it, but I swear it will be in the oven tonight, and then I'll let you know how it turns out! I found the original recipe at www.allrecipes.com
, but I adapted it to use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spray and Reduced-Fat Mozzeralla instead of artery-clogging butter and full-fat Swiss. Never seen RF Swiss, and I don't care for Swiss much, so here goes!
SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLE
• 3 large yellow summer squash - peeled, seeded, and sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
• 1/2 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
• I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spray
• 1 c. LF Mozzarella cheese
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
2. Layer the squash and onions in the casserole dish. Dot with spray, and top with cheese.
3. Cover, and bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove cover, and continue baking 15 minutes, or until squash is tender.
If anyone knows how to find out the nutritionals, that would be lovely, I sure don't. The original called for slices of swiss, so I'm just going to eyeball it to see how much cheese I use, I'll let you know.
/edit: This turned out WONDERFULLY!!! My dad and I loved it! I even forgot to put any butter spray on it, not that we needed it- lovelovelove this recipe, we will definately make it again! It's supposed to be 8 servings but it's really about 4, especially since I used it as a main course (being a veggie beacher!). Neither of us even liked squash that much, until the oven-roasted vegetables from the book!