Old 02-16-2004, 02:00 PM   #1  
kpw

Default Tuna-white bean dip

Not sure of the phase, most likely phase I, but I've made this for years and think it would be suitable for SBD. My husband and I are planning to start SBD and since I cook quite a bit, I'm trying to piece together my recipes for variety during phase I.

1 15 oz can white beans (small white, white kidney, or even garbanzo's work well)
1 6 oz can water-packed tuna, drained
2-3 cloves garlic
several leaves of basil (about 1/3 cup)
1/3 cup parsley
1/4 olive oil (i know this sound like a lot, so adjust to desired need. 1/8 cup of chicken broth and 1/8 cup olive oil could be substituted)
juice of 1 lemon
kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

In a food processor, add beans, tuna, garlic, herbs, lemon juice, salt and pepper and pulse for about 1 minute until large pieces are incorporated. While running on low, drizzle in the oil (or oil/broth combo) until fully incorporated and smooth to the consistency of humous. Serve with veggies. I also think this would be good spread on lettuce leaves and rolled up (haven't tried that though).
kpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 08:02 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

That sounds good! Thanks for sharing it!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote