Grilled Asparagus

• I have tried a few variations on this but this is the one I found to be the best. My family loves it and I've served it for guests that love it too. There are NEVER leftovers of this dish.

1 pack of aspargus
    Olive Oil
    Garlic Salt
    Lemon Juice
    Parmesan Cheese

Clean and trim the Asparagus
    Place them in a bag or bowl and pour in about a tablespoon or two of olive oil.
    Make sure they're all coated.
    Shake in or over, about a teaspoon or so of garlic salt. stir or squish around a bit.
    Place directly on the grill.
    Cook about a few minutes, turning over until they're as cooked, and
    marked up as you like them.
    Transfer to a dish.
    Squeeze fresh lemon over all of it.
    Shake or spoon parmesan(I've used the fresh shredded and the ground stuff that comes in the spaghetti aisle, both work) over.
    Serve.

It really is so good!
  • I'm making roasted asparagus tonight and adding 1T parmesan with 1/8 t garlic salt after cooking. Not sure where I found that, maybe allrecipes, but it really adds to the flavor, even the leftovers. Your version sounds even yummier.
  • My family and I are just lemon freaks. We put it on so many things. Let me know if you try it, how you like it!
  • Cooking Light says this serves 8 - not likely. I could eat 20 spears myself I think This is even better grilled.

Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Browned Butter
    from Cooking Light September 2001

Serves 8

40 asparagus spears, trimmed (about 2 lbs)
    Cooking spray
    1/4 tsp kosher salt
    1/8 tsp black pepper
    2 tbsp butter
    2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
    1 tsp balsamic vinegar

Preheat oven to 400 deg. Arrange asparagus in a single layer on baking sheet. Coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400 deg for 12 mins or until tender.

Melt butter in a small skillet over med heat and cook for 3 mins or until lightly browned (be careful on this step!!!!!), shaking the pan occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce and vinegar. Drizzle over asparagus, tossing well to coat. Serve immediately.

For 8 servings:
    Calories: 45 Fat 3 grams Protein: 1.9 grams; Carbs 3.9 grams