Found this recipe on Recipezaar.com. Had it for dinner last night with Parmesan crusted Tilapia. It was so yummy!!!!
Italian Green Beans with Stewed Tomatoes
1lb. Fresh Green Beans
1 T. Olive Oil
1 small Red Onion, halved and thinly sliced
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 t. dried Basil
2 ripe Tomatoes, diced
1 T. balsamic vinegar
2 T. water
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1. Trim the ends off the beans, cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths.
2. In a large sauce pot cook the beans in lightly salted water for 3 min. Drain the beans and set aside.
3. In a non-stick skillet, heat oil and add onions, garlic and basil. Cook for 2 min. or until soften
4. Add remaining ingredients, except the beans, and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add the beans.
6. Simmer for an additional 5-10 min. until tender, stirring often. (You may need to add water as it simmers to keep mixture moist.)
Serving size: 4
Cal: 86, Fat: 3.7g