Italian Green Beans w/ Stewed Tomatoes
Found this recipe on Recipezaar.com. Had it for dinner last night with Parmesan crusted Tilapia. It was so yummy!!!!
Italian Green Beans with Stewed Tomatoes
1lb. Fresh Green Beans
1 T. Olive Oil
1 small Red Onion, halved and thinly sliced
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 t. dried Basil
2 ripe Tomatoes, diced
1 T. balsamic vinegar
2 T. water
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1. Trim the ends off the beans, cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths.
2. In a large sauce pot cook the beans in lightly salted water for 3 min. Drain the beans and set aside.
3. In a non-stick skillet, heat oil and add onions, garlic and basil. Cook for 2 min. or until soften
4. Add remaining ingredients, except the beans, and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add the beans.
6. Simmer for an additional 5-10 min. until tender, stirring often. (You may need to add water as it simmers to keep mixture moist.)
Serving size: 4
Cal: 86, Fat: 3.7g