Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: DO YOU ALWAYS DO THE WEEKLY POST?
Yes 12 50.00%
Only if I like the question 1 4.17%
Just come on this board to do the poll, I don't post here 0 0%
I'm a lurker and do the poll when I lurk 3 12.50%
Yes, if I come on the board that week, sometimes I'm MIA for weeks 4 16.67%
Sometimes 1 4.17%
I'm new to this board, this is my first poll 2 8.33%
No, I don't do them 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 07:17 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 2/17--2/23

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=24890

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 02-17-2003, 07:25 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Here's today's
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
two short ones as I don't have access to my regular computer today:

If you are having a rough time right now, give yourself the gift of new beginnings. Give yourself permission to start fresh every day. Stop limiting your happiness to just one or two chances. The world is full of possibilities. Give yourself permission to reach out again and grab yours every single day. Don't drown your dreams in hopelessness. Forgive yourself for past mistake and begin your dream anew. Choose to see new opportunities for success and happiness everywhere you look. Make a conscious choice to greet each morning with gratitude, as a new chance at happiness.

by Edel Jarboe

Get excited about your goal by believing that you can and will
succeed at your dream. That is, let your faith in your abilities
fuel your inner fire. For this is how you grow your self
confidence, by taking baby steps towards your goal. Another way
to grow your dream is to ask yourself the following questions:
"What would I do if I could not fail?" "What would I do if I had
all the time, energy, and resources necessary? " Now the next
step is to get out there and do it anyway. Because whatever is
holding you back from your dream is only as strong as you allow
it to be. It only has power over you insofar as you give it
power over your dreams. Vanquish this fear by doing a little
each day toward your dream and watch your confidence soar and
your dreams take concrete shape.

by Edel Jarboe

Have a wonderful week!

Debbie
Old 02-17-2003, 08:07 AM   #3  

Good Monday Morning Everyone

Have edited and re-edited posts this morning. Woke up before 7am to find Michael on the computer already and asking him if he was up all night on it. He fell asleep and has already told me I will NOT be able to get on the computer all day, he's way behind. Kids are here already to work on the project. I had to resort to going on my Mother's account with hopes she was still sleeping and not trying to get on line. Got cut off twice by people calling the main line already - very frustrating. Had to get on the laptop, hate it!

Will try to get on when I can - not too hopeful today, though.

{{{HUGS}}}

Have a great week!

Debbie
Old 02-17-2003, 08:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday Morning.

Well it is 26 degrees here and covered in ice. We got more ice and some snow last night. Surprisingly, the interestates were pretty clear and I had no troulbe getting to work and on time.

Yesterday was a busy day running around. Went out to lunch and ten to buy DD a stove and then to the grocery. We folded and stuck bows on 200 invitations last nite. But it was fun doing it.

Back to the grind today. I have a presentation to do by Wed so I might not be on here too much. Will try though.

I almost forgot. The girl in the office made me cheese straws for by BD. TOtally 100% legal. She said since cheetos are the thing I miss the most, she tried to get the closet thing. They really taste like cheese nips. Very good. Much better than a cake or something else. I made her Deb's cheesecake last week for her BD. She does SB with me.

Solshine, Glad you are back to the living. Don't push yourself too hard. Tkae it easy and just let Vince wait on you. Maybe it will become a habit and he will continue after you are well. Becareful on those crutches. Don't want any mishaps. Take care.

Bob, You and my DH would get along well.. Liver and war movies. He went off last nite to watch platoon. Not for me. DD didn't go back to college yet. THey closed the school today. Lexington got hit alot worse than we did.

Tranquil, Those women were just jealous of you at Target. I sure it was looks of envy.

Yellow, never heard of that new technique, but it sure sounds better. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending good vibes your way. There aren't too many Big Boys left. Yes they still have the Swiss Miss. I just love their fish.

Quilter, hope you are not burried in the snow and ice. Did you all get more? We got more ice last night, but it wasn't too bad this morning. DD didn't have to go back to school. They still don't have electricity in their apt. Probably will go back today though.

Heartmom, I agree that the weather contributes to everyone being sick. It sure is crazy. What is wrong with these men. They know we are trying to lose wt and yet they bring home chocolates. If mine did that I think I would hit him over the head with them.

Gator, Sounds like you have a nice week and a wonderful birthday. How sweet of your children to do that for you. I always get 2 gifts but not quite of the caliber they would be if the days weren't soo close.

Miata, Your quilting retreat sounds so interesting. I'm sure you willhave lots of fun and learn valuable stuff.

Deb, I can't believe that Michael was already on the computer. Well, again I can believe it. Thanks for the call last night. That was so sweet of you. Have a great day.

Have a great day.

Jackie
Old 02-17-2003, 08:43 AM   #5  

Default Newbie saying hi

I joined the board yesterday, I posted a quicky intro in a seperate thread.

I purchased Sugar Busters at walmart yesterday and have read a few chapters, I am really psyched! I am not saying that the change will be easy, but the rewards will be great.

It's funny but I was reading the chapter on refined sugar and watching my kids run around the house eating Valentines Day candy. I never realized how much sugar a person consumes a year, but putting it into perspective I know that my family will be making some changes too.

I'm excited to read the rest of the book and to get to know everyone here.

I did buy some cereal that has 3 grams of sugar in it, but boy was that hard to find, my ole diet standby bran flakes had 15 grams ! Was I shocked. But if anyone would like to share some of their favorite meal ideas I would appreciate it.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:10 AM   #6  

Good Monday Morning All

I thought it was time that I got back 'on board'. The reason that I haven't been on lately is because I just haven't been able to lose any more pounds. I've been hovering around 200 pounds for more than fifteen months, gaining and losing the same few pounds. I suppose I should be thankful that I have been able to maintain all this time but I would like to lose some. I get mad with myself that I am just not able to do it. Maybe I have become too complacent and don't have the same resolve that I had at the beginning. It's over three years since I started this woe. Anyway here's to a new beginning. I've been eating good the last week or two apart from sneaking the odd chocolate while at work. We've only just finished the Christmas chocolates now there is another batch for VD. It's a good job I am not working every day. I've been trying to keep off the scales, weighing no more than once or twice a week. It's amazing how much more energy I have when I eat op and in particular keep those starchy carbs down. I also feel a little thinner even though it hasn't shown on the scales yet.

Solshine - Hope you are recovering well from the surgery and that Meister is taking good care of you. You'd better start eating those prunes or get Vince to make you some lentil or pea soup. That should help with the dookie houser. I always have a package of prunes in the fridge - most of the time I eat them because I like them but also sometimes from necessity.

YellowRose - Good luck with your surgery on Tuesday.

Mel - Your ds's stomach problems could be caused by the lactose in milk. My dd was a big milk drinker when she was a kid but developed an intolerance to it later. You can buy lactose free milk, maybe this is something you could try. Sorry to here about all the snow you are having. Please don't send any of it up this way.

Sugless - I'm glad to see another Canadian on the board. Where abouts in Ontario are you? I live just north of Toronto. I've made pizza with a whole wheat crust. I've made it for my grandkids too and they never complained about it. Hope yours turns out well. Both you and your dd have done very well to lose 20/10 pounds in just over a month.

Melf - Sorry to hear about the fall you had. Hope you are on the mend.

Quilter - Sounds like you got lots of arm exercise this weekend with all that painting. That icy rain is worse than the snow. We had it a couple of weeks ago, came on so suddenly. It's very scary to drive in those conditions. I don't think any kind of corn is really legal on SB but 2 cups of popcorn has a gi of 55 and 12 grams of carbs so it should be o.k. to eat occasionally if you can restrict yourself to that amount. But if it bothers you to eat it then it is best to keep away from it.

BOB - What the heck do you do with all that kale. I think I read that you had about twelve pounds of it the other day. Do you freeze any of it? It's one of my favorites greens.

Allycat - Welcome from another Canadian. That makes five of us on this board. Who knows we might catch up with those Floridians soon . No one will mind if you are not officially doing SB. There are others on the board who combine it with WW and others who alternate with Atkins. The Glucose Revolution is still a low glycemic lifestyle and lots of the information for SB came from the authors of TGR.

Fillise - Glad you had a good time at the ball. Hope to see some pics soon. Take care of those tootsies.

Monet Glad to hear you are starting to lose again. Also that your son got a pay check. That must have been a worrisome time for you both.

Deb - Hope you had a good day up in WPB. That must have been a shock to find all those kids in your kitchen so early in the morning. Hope the kids let you have that computer soon. I liked your MM's to-day particularly the one about New Beginnings. It's what I needed to read to-day to get me going on my 'new beginning'.

Jack-K - Hope you enjoyed your birthday lunch. Those cheese straws sound good. Did your friend give you the recipe?

Miata - Way to go on resisting those cupcakes. If you remove the skin and excess fat from the chicken thighs I think it would be o.k. to eat them, although the white meat is the better choice. I think chicken dark meat would still have less fat than, say, a piece of steak.

Tranquil - You can come and do my bathroom next.

Gator - Your birthday dinner sounded delicious.

Kacie - Welcome to the board. You have come to the right place for help and support with this woe.

Well it's been about four weeks since I posted so can't catch up with you all but will just say a big HI to everyone I have not addressed. Have to get going with a few chores. Then have to get ready for badminton, then work this afternoon.

Marie.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:38 AM   #7  
Mel

AAACK! There's 30" of snow and some 4-5' drifts in my driveway! My Honda Civic is buried, and I shovelled yesterday . Guess what my workout's gonna be today lol. I think we moved to Ottawa overnight.

See you later,
mel
Old 02-17-2003, 11:27 AM   #8  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Good Monday Morning

Hi All

Just dropping in for a quickie.

Didn't do so well over the weekend. We didn't get to celebrat my girlfriend's birthday earlier this month cause her DH had just had surgery. So we went there on Saturday and ordered Chinese and I brought a cake. I tried to eat stuff that was mostly veggies, had soup instead of an eggroll, but did have a few chicken balls (I brought my own cause I've found some at the grocery that are mostly meant with only a little bit of batter) and I had a slice of cake. I left the rest of the cake at their house.

I guess that wasn't so bad. But gotta get back on track.

I got in a couple of hours of walking this morning. At least an hour at a good clip. Had to go up a couple of hills. So I think that was a pretty good workout. I'm also going to be cleaning today--I'm in a mood to do a good, deep clean.

I have a question for you all: What is your opinion about eating roast that has been cooking in a broth/gravy made from a can of Coke, a can of mushroom soup and an envelope of onion soup mix??? I know it kind of sounds gross, but it actually is tasty. I was just wondering what your opinions were about eating the meat if I scraped off the gravy?? Or would it be a no-no since it's cooked in stuff with sugars and starch??

I'm thinking of all of you south of the boarder with all that snow! We're maybe going to get just a couple of inches of snow from the same storm but nothing like some places have had. We never got any ice either. I hope all of you are safe and snug.

MELIRIS--Bet you wish you were living back here just now, huh? I'd much rather have the cold and the sun than the 5'snow drifts to shovel. Just take it easy with the shovelling so you don't hurt yourself.

ROSALIE--Glad to see you post. I wasn't posting very often either because, like you, I've been losing and gaining the same few pounds for a while. I've been making an effort to try to come on board more frequently just to keep myself accountable. I find I'm at least thinking more about what I eat these days (even if I do slip up!)

SUGLESS & ALLYCAT--WELCOME! WHOOHOO, a couple more Canuks! I'm just north of Toronto too, not too far from ROSALIE.

KACIE--WELCOME to you too. This is a great place for support and info.

JACKK--that was really nice of your coworker buddy to make you something legal. How thoughtful for her to try to make something close to cheetos. Rotten ice/snow storms. That's worse than the extreme cold we've been having. Keep safe.

DEBELLI--Get on when you can. We know the kids school work comes first and that you're still thinking of us. We're all thinking about you!

Ok, I've gotta go. HELLO to all I've missed.

Last edited by Zanne; 02-17-2003 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:34 AM   #9  

Hi all!

I am new to this forum. I am an atkid who crossed over to Sugar Busters about a week ago. I read the book and a bunch of net information.

Sugar busters seems like a much more balanced approach to eating. Its quite exciting after being restricted on Atkins for so many years. I have a feeling I am not going to lose weight fast (atkins the first year was rapid) but with going to the gym (curves and ballys) I should be ok.

I look forward to being here

Michelle
ps I posted a couple of questions in the questions forum, if someone could answer them, Id be very thankful
Thanks for being here!
Old 02-17-2003, 11:43 AM   #10  

Default Good Morning ALL!

I called in for today too because the cold & rainy weather of the week end played a number on me, so I'mm off to the chiropractor this am. On the otherhand, I AM feeling better & should be back to work Thursday which is my nexted scheduled day to work.

Kacie Welcome to the board! So glad that you decided to join us.

Debelli, Girl, Michael sure is busy huh? Poor kid, he lives in front of that computer! And poor you, you don't have a chance in the world...lol We really do miss you here on the board but DO understand that it is important for Micheal to get his work done.

YellowRose, It was great to get to talk to you on the phone last night. Praying for you that all will go well tomorrow & a quick healing will follow. Will be waiting to hear a good report from your dd!

Rosalie, How wonderful to see your post this morning. I'm so glad you're back with us. I hear the dissapointment in your tone of writing, but please don't give up. I also have been fighting the same 5-6 lbs back & forth. It is an ongoing battle, but one that we cannot give into. We MUST persist!!

Mel, 30" of snow??? It may be cold & damp here in SW LA, but at least I can get to my car! AAACK is right!! Hope you can find your car again

I came across this article this morning thru an email add & thought it was appropriate to share it as many of us are struggling with staying OP these days. There are a few things that I do not agree with in here, like eating raw corn & potato @ bedtime, but over-all, a good article.

Sugar Addicts Anonymous: The 12 Step Program to Beating Sugar Addiction

By James Keller
Most of us don't realize it, but we are drug addicts. Our drug comes in a pure, white crystal or powder form. We use it even when we don't know we're doing it. It's in salad dressing, peanut butter, soup, pickles, bread, jam, yogurt, canned fruits and vegetables... We crave it after every meal. On an average, each of us consumes about 130 lbs. per year. What is this controversial drug, you ask. It goes by many names, but the most common is sugar.

This deliciously sweet substance is also deliciously devoid of any nutritional value. Sugar passes through the wall of the stomach so quickly that it causes blood sugar levels to skyrocket, then plummet just as rapidly. I'm sure you are familiar with the feeling.

The problem that arises in coping with sugar addiction is that sugar is in so many common foods now, it's practically impossible to cut it out completely. You can't eat a sandwich without getting sugar from the bread or the mayo. You can't eat a salad without getting sugar from the dressing.

Beating sugar addiction may seem like a hopeless battle, but just like any drug addiction, you have to have a structured plan to win the war. I make no claims that it will be an easy battle. You won't be vomiting in back alleys or shivering in bed all night, but you will have the uncontrollable desire for something, anything that will give you your sugar fix.

Here is your twelve step program to beating sugar addiction. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it:

1. Stick to foods that are closest to their original form. Instead of eating corn from a can, eat corn on the cob. Banish white bread and embrace wheat bread. Forget fruit juices; go for the actual fruit. The closer a food is to it's original form, then less processed sugar it will contain.

2. Eat protein with breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but do you know why? Breakfast is the meal that will make or break you for the rest of the day. Your first meal must create blood sugar stability that will carry you to the next meal without sugar cravings.

3.Eat protein with every meal. As soon as your blood sugar is thrown out of whack, you will be off the wagon again. Eating protein with each meal prepares your body for the increase of seratonin production and keeps your blood sugar stable throughout the day.

4. Read Labels! It's incredible how many things we put into our mouths without the slightest idea what is in them. The longer the list of ingredients, the more likely sugar is going to be included on that list.

5.Don't starve yourself in order to reward your restraint with a donut or a Twix. Not only is this bad for your body, but you won't lose weight. Your body will just go into starvation mode, storing all your calories as fat. So that slice of chocolate cake you eat after a seven hour fast is going straight to fat.

6. Keep a journal of what you eat. You will be surprised, and probably shocked, by the amount of sugar-filled snacks and extras involved in your diet. Write down everything, down to those five M&Ms or that tablespoon of teriyaki sauce.

7. Brown is beautiful: brown rice, wheat bread, brown cereals, etc... Brown foods give your body the positive effects of carbohydrates without unbalancing your blood sugar and creating cravings.

8. Be active and keep busy. Most of us snack the most when we are bored and inactive. Go for a walk. Go shopping. Organize your entire house. Anything to keep your hands busy and away from the cookie jar.

9. Eat a potato before bed. Before your head explodes from the thought of eating a starchy, carbohydrate-filled potato right before bed, consider this: when taken with the right vitamins, that spud will increase your production of seratonin, balancing your blood sugar levels. Besides, it's better than eating ice cream before bed.

10. Try a detox program. Detoxing isn't just for yoga yogis and Enya junkies anymore. There are dozens of detox programs designed for health enthusiasts of all levels. Some last two days, some last two months. But they all have one thing in common: after the initial overwhelming sugar cravings, your body adjusts and you won't even want the sugar anymore.

11. Drink water constantly. The more water you drink, the more your body will be fooled into thinking it is not hungry. Plus, you can rest assured that there is not a grain of sugar in water.

12. Don't get down on yourself if you slip and eat a desert every once in a while. It's okay to reward yourself, just don't start the addiction all over again. There are always healthier options for deserts. Eat berries with some low-calorie whipped topping. Snack on a couple of graham crackers. Maybe you would be healthier if you cut out sugar altogether forever, but people who do things in moderation get the best of both worlds. Enjoy your life, but don't overdo it.
Old 02-17-2003, 02:14 PM   #11  

Talking

Good morning All!
Haven't been here for a while. Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. (Boy do I need to!) It is always an inspiration to read the posts. Everyone keep up the good work!
Gotta go for now, but I will talk to you soon!

Make it a great day!
Fortytude
Old 02-17-2003, 02:14 PM   #12  

Default Happy Monday!

Hi All:

Kacie - Welcome!!!!

Meesh Renee - I am cutting and pasting your questions so those that just go to this board only will see them Hope it helps you with getting some answers...

The questions I have on sugar busters are

# 1. How are you "counting" the splenda sweetened cranberry blends? 10 calories per serving sweetened with splenda ( Tranquil's answer: I dont drink juice, but eat fresh fruit, to me there is too much risk of sugar and Splenda does not agree with me and it does not help me lose weight)

#2 What "bars" are good ones to eat? I dont mean the carbolite candy - I know myself well enought o know i need to stay the **** away from sugar alcohols. What do you think about Luna bars? They average 22 carbs or so each but they have no glycerin (common staller) or the sugar alcohols. (Tranquil's answer: I don't eat any of those bars, maybe once in awhile if emergency calls for it I have a carbolite or Atkins...but only if I really have to)

#3 If I am eating about 1800 calories per day (current weight of about 257) .. is this ok? I figured out my BMR and its well over 3000 calories per day. If I ate that, how would my portions break down - as in fruits, grains, meatsm dairy?
(Tranquil's answer: I don't count calories, though I watch how much fat and serving sizes)

Melf - thanks for that great post - loved it!!!! I agree with you that I disagree with him about the corn and potato stuff!!!! Glad you are feeling better!

Zanne - good for you getting some exercise and being careful for dinner out....meanwhile, I would stay away from that roast with the coke because I would imagine the meat would absorb the sugar? Just my thought on it....

Mel - Enjoy that great cardio to find your car! My mother just sent me a pic of their neighbor's house across the street totally covered in snow - they are in the NYC Suburbs....incredible and so beautiful....

Rosalie - Hi!!! Great that you came back - you might surprise yourself and have some big losing streak starting over again - got my fingers crossed for you!!!

JackK - that is so sweet of the ladies to make SB legal stuff for you - like those cheese straws!!!! Becareful out there with the ice!!!!!

Deb - Hiya!!!!! Sorry to hear about no computer time - you need to break down and get fast speed internet and have the laptop and the main computer networked so you can always get on and not have any bumping off!!!

Well, my break is over ta ta!!!

Sabrina
Old 02-17-2003, 02:52 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon all!

Eating okay and was exercising pretty good till I got a pain in my side this weekend. Gonna try and do a walk video after I finish this note. You would not believe the awesome buys I found shopping yesterday. Both fridges are full of fruit and veggies. Apples 7 and 10 for a dollar..oranges also. Mexican squash only 50 cents a pound....I could go on but I won't bore ya. It was seriously like shopping in the spring or summer. Which is a blessing because the kids are beginning to eat more and more healthy snacks. My 5 year old asked my mom for some of her cauliflower yesterday. She asked me if he liked it..I told her it was his favorite. And what's cool is he prefers it plain with no dip. Cucumbers are another thing the kids love to munch. Which is cool except when prices are up..LOL You'd be amazed at how many cukes we can go through in a week.

Oh, did I tell ya'll I froze my sugar free candy so I would have to get up and go outside to get a piece. Figured it would help me to stay out of them. Let me just tell ya...frozen RS peppermint patties are sooooo good frozen...LOL But I was a good girl and only ate the one yesterday. I even put my snacks on the kitchen counter Sat. instead of having them by my puter. That way I had to get up and walk to get a bite. Kind of a neat way to get me moving a little more.

Our dog Lady had puppies Sat. night. She is such a good little moma. We have seven. The kids had a blast watching them be born. Hopefully we will be able to get her fixed soon.

Tranquil...I agree with you. I stay away from the juices unless I have a bad eating day and just need the punch from a little OJ.

Welcome Kacie and MeeshRenee! I think you will enjoy this WOE. I've seen major changes even though the last little bit I've been kinda stuck..but that's my fault.

WB Fortytude and Rosalie. I hear ya Rosalie. Hang in there lady. Just last week I went through what you are going through. It's hard to be "stuck" at the same weight for a long time. Praying you start downward.

Zanne...doesn't sound like you did that bad at all. Consider it a little treat and get right back on track.

Melf...I'm glad to hear you are starting to feel better. Been praying for you.

Mel...burr. I've heard shoveling snow is one of the most strenous exercises a person can do. Be careful out there.

Jack-K ...what a sweet thing for your friend to do for your B-day. It sounds like the wedding is coming along. It's so fun to read about it. I hope it warms up for ya soon. We are cold today but gonna warm up nicely the rest of the week. I wish we could skip the rain part though. It's been a wet winter.

Deb...thanks for getting our board set up and the MM. You are so busy and your time is appreciated.

Well I have some pork bones boiling for soup tonight. I need to go get some of the veggies ready...cauliflower..broccoli...ect. I LOVE soup. Hope you all are having a super Monday. And continue to have a super week.

Love,
Crystle
235/157/140-135
Old 02-17-2003, 02:54 PM   #14  
"I'm working on it!"

FILLISE--OH, MY, GOODNESS!!! I used your recipe for WW bread in the machine. Just took the loaf out and BOY IS IT GOOD! So nice and light. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

MELF--Thanks for the article. I agree with you on the potatoes and corn thing. Glad you're feeling better.

TRANQUIL--thanks for your input.

MEESH--WElcome aboard! I can't help you too much with your questions. I don't use artificial sweeteners and prefer eating the fruits, I don't eat any "health" bars, and I don't count calories. I'm sure that somebody can help you out tho.

FORTYTUDE--Howdy!

Just catching up. Those of you with a bread machine should try FILLISE's bread recipe! It is really good.
Old 02-17-2003, 03:01 PM   #15  
"I'm working on it!"

COUNTRY--we were posting at the same time. Your fridges sound like mine. I have strawberries stocked up. They were so good for being imports at this time of year. What is a "mexican" squash? I've never heard of it. My DS likes veggies too. He calls broccoli "trees" and when he bites the flower part off he has a "stump". Kids are funny. WTG with freezing your candy and moving your snacks. Good ideas! Are you going to be keeping any of the puppies?
Closed Thread