Recipes for Diabetics!

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • I cannot take credit for this delicious and easy strawberry jam recipe, but I have to tell you, I am a fan! I made it today, and I love that it contains Truvia instead of Splenda, which I cannot use on a regular basis.

I am going to post the recipe's link, but I will give you one hint for those like me who do not have a potato masher- I cut up the strawberries, and did one quick turn in the Nutribullet for 1 and 1/4 cups of the 2 cups of strawberries needed. You don't want to puree it, but you can do a quick pulse or two to get it to the right consistency. Then, I simply chopped up the other 3/4 cup of strawberries very small, like pebble size. I followed the rest of the recipe as is. It is delicious, easy, and I will freeze three out of four containers to have on hand for future use! I plan to spread some on a sugar free pancake tomorrow morning with a few slices of banana and Maple Grove Sugar Free Maple Syrup on top- can't wait!

https://www.truvia.com/recipes/strawberry-freezer-jam

I'm also going to try it in some plain Greek yogurt, too. Oh, and toast, too.

I'll have to use this recipe when the blueberries up here come in season during the summer months. mmmmmmmm mmmmm, so happy I found this recipe, and it doesn't leave an after taste, either!
  • Spinach Casserole
    for slow cooker

2 10 oz pkg frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
    1 1/2 C American Cheese cut up (big chunks, so there will be chunks of cheese in the casserole)
    2 C Cottage Cheese
    3 eggs beaten
    1/2 stick butter
    1/4 C flour
    1 tsp salt (optional)

Grease slow cooker. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Cook on low for 4-5 hours, or on high for 1 hour. Watch it closely, as it's done when it starts to brown around the outside.

This is a good recipe for a pot luck, or for a holiday when your stove/oven is being used for other dishes.
  • Sweet Potato Hash

• 1 small sweet potato, cubed
    • 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
    • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
    • 1/4 cayenne pepper
    • salt & pepper
    • 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
    • 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
    • 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
    • 1 egg *
    Directions
    1. In a small pan over medium heat, cook the potatoes & onions with the olive oil, cayenne pepper and salt & pepper, covered for about 5 minutes, until softened.
    2. Remove lid and cook for another 2-3 minutes until browned.
    3. Add remaining ingredients except for egg and cook for another 2-3 minutes, tossing everything together.
    4. Make an impression with a spoon in the middle of the hash mixture and crack the egg into the hole. Cover and cook for 3 more minutes until whites are set.
    5. Remove lid, garnish with extra cilantro or scallion and serve immediately.

*This can be made as a side dish by omitting the egg.
  • Favorite Smoothie Recipe
    From when we wake up in the morning until noon our body is mostly interested in elimination so having a smoothie is really easy for the body to break down and digest nutrients
    Ingredients
    - two handfuls of spinach, organic
    - one avocado
    -1/2 banana
    - 5 frozen organic strawberries
    - whey protein or vegetarian protein powder
    - ice and almond milk

Blend and enjoy, a nice combination of protein, good fat, carbs from spinach and fiber. I used to be a Dan of eggs, bacon etc but that is very tough on your digestion early in the morning
  • Quote: now you can bake your cake and eat it too........

Diet Soda Cake

1 boxed cake mix (your choice of flavor)
    12 oz diet soda (your choice of flavor)

mix and bake according to the directions on the box.

Top with fresh fruit or your favorite whipped topping.

That's it. no eggs. no oil. just the calories from the mix and your topping.
    These are all over Pinterest, I just made one for my husband's BDay, I made the lemon cake mix w/ diet sprite and if u love lemon like we do--- it is to die for!
  • Here is a variation for the Egg Muffins that everyone was making. I tried this as a casserole and decided to start cooking them as individual muffins.

Zucchini Egg Muffins

6 C cubed zucchini
    2 onions chopped
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    6 lg eggs
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 C plain yogurt
    1 C all purpose flour
    16 oz Feta Cheese (I used crumbled)
    1/4 C minced parsley (I used dried)
    1 tsp paprika

Preheat oven to 350

In 1 TBS olive oil, saute zucchini and onion with oregano for 10 min until crisp tender. May have to do in 2 batches. Stir in salt and pepper and allow to cool slightly.

In large bowl, whisk eggs and baking powder until blended. Whisk in yogurt and flour until just blended. Sir in cheese, parsley and zucchini mixture. Transfer to well greased or sprayed muffin cups, sprinkle paprika on top and bake for 15 min or so.

The baking time is negotiable because this came as a casserole recipe that bakes for 30-35 min.

You can vary the veggies, using whatever you like, chopped broccoli, bell peppers, and you can vary the cheese, too, but I really like the different taste of the Feta. Also, I used full fat Greek plain yogurt. I am going to try the low fat next time, and maybe cut back on the flour to make it lower carb.
  • 1 Minute Keto Muffins
    I found this easy 1 Minute Keto Muffin recipe which is made with coconut flour, however, I think it could be used with Almond flour as well or even half & half depending on your preference for a variety which I plan to do.

1 Minute Keto Muffins

The perfect quick keto bread is this 1 minute keto muffin. Grain free litte snacks that can be made both sweet OR savoury depending on which favors you decide to add.

Cuisine Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Keto, LCHF, Low Carb, No Sigars. Paleo, Wheat Free

Prep Time: 1 minute, Cook Time: 1 minute Total Time: 2 Minutes Servings: 1
    Calories: 113
    Ingredients:
    1 egg, 2 tsp Coconut flour (could use Almond Flour), 1 pinch baking soda and pinch salt
    Instructions:
    Grease a ramekin dish with coconut oil or butter.
    1. In a mug, mix al the ingredients together with a fork to ensure it is lump free,
    2. Place the 1 minute keto dough in the greased ramekin and cook in microwave on High for 1 minute. Alernatively, they can be baked in an oven at 200C/400F for 12 minutes.
    3. Cut in half and serve.
  • One Minute Flax Muffin - Low Carb
    One Minute Flax Muffin - Low Carb
    Ready in 3 minutes Serves 1 Yield: 1 muffin

1/4 c flax seed meal
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon stevia
    1 teaspoon cinnamon '
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon oil or butter

Directions:
    Mix all ingredients in a coffee mug. Microwave for one minute on high.

I found it better to either spray the cup with Pam or melt the butter in the cup before you mix everything so it will come out of cup easier. Also you might want to cook a little longer depending on your microwave.
  • Are there any Keto recipes that are also diabetic friendly?
  • Below is a delicious and healthy recipe perfect for diabetics please enjoy:

Basil and Tomato Frittata: This frittata is packed with flavor and nutrients, making it a perfect breakfast option for diabetics.Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, an antioxidant that has been linked to lower rates of heart disease, while basil is a good source of vitamin K, which helps promote bone health.

Ingredients: 10 eggs, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 cup tomatoes (diced), 1/4 cup basil leaves (chopped), 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
  • When it comes to managing diabetes, diet is key. From breakfast to dinner and everything in between, there’s something here for everyone.

For breakfast, try a diabetic-friendly options like blueberry lemon pancakes or a Caprese omelet. For lunch or dinner, go for heart healthy salmon with quinoa and roasted veggies or grilled chicken with avocado salsa. And for a sweet treat, try diabetic-friendly chocolate chip cookies.

No matter what your taste or dietary needs are, I got you covered with this info for diabetics. So get cooking and enjoy!
  • oatmeal
    Banana Oatmeal

1/2 banana, sliced
    1/3 cup old-fashioned or steel cut oats
    1 T. ground flax
    1/2 t. cinnamon
    1 t. splenda
  • Diabetes Sugar Free Desert Recipes
    /Users/user/Downloads/Free Diabetes Desert Recipes .pdf