What are YOUR trigger foods?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Hi All!

I just finished reading Tara's peanut butter thread and was curious about how MY trigger foods matched with anyone else's...

What are YOUR trigger foods?

Mine, in no particular order are chocolate, cheese, peanut butter, chips, and butter.

I was surprised to discover that ALL of my trigger foods actually classify as FATS more than as carbs or sweets or salty foods.

The word "TRIGGER FOODS" was new to me a year or so ago. For the first time I really understood why I could be near some foods which never tempted me (hard candy,pies, cake, for example or even ice cream) and yet other foods (see above) would turn me into a catatonic fat-eating zombie as they caused me to almost go into a trance as I was eating them!

A fatoholic I am! I also now understand why I can't even have a tiny bit of any of my trigger foods without a big binge coming on!

Cheryl
  • My trigger foods are mashed potatoes, tacos, cheese, and pizza
    I could get sooo much of those!!

YUM!
  • Sugars and carbs. Baked goods.
  • Nuts, vanilla ice cream, toast with butter, croissants, and chips.
  • Carbs and salt.
  • Quote: Nuts, vanilla ice cream, toast with butter, croissants, and chips.
    I'm so with you on the toast w/ butter. I can never get enough. I can polish of 6 slices in about 2 minutes!! It's so bad.

My other big trigger food is cake - even if I just hear the word I start craving it and thinking about what I can stuff into my mouth.
  • WINGS---bbq, hot wings, teriyaki wings, WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS!
  • anything deep fried! especially chicken..cheetos, ice cream, gooey brownies...oh, I better stop! lol
  • Pasta, bread, rice - yup carbs. That's why I've practically given them up except for the ones found in veggies and fruits.

And ice cream, there's no stopping me if I'm faced with a container of the stuff.
  • cake, cookies, peanut butter.
  • CHOCOLATE, anything chocolate, especially Hershey Kisses or any Hershey candy and brownies.
  • anything with cheese, honey garlic chicken wings, chips , chinese food............be strong be strong hahaha
  • cheese, cookies, brownies, anything baked...
  • i definitely have a fat tooth more than a sweet tooth. I'd have to say icecream and piecrust
  • Definately ice cream and pizza!