C25K challenge starting December

You're on Page 8 of 10
Go to
  • Yay for you, Dollypie! That's such a big deal.
  • Dollypie, thanks for the welcome.

20 minutes, yay!

It is very encouraging. I will be thinking of your success when I put on my running shoes tomorrow. I hope it is not raining too hard.
  • Hey all,
    haven't updated in a few days but I did a second day of W5D3 and last night I finished W6D1. This is the last week of intervals but since I was able to run for 20 minutes last week I'm hoping that weeks 7-9 are easier than they sound.

Congrats Dollypie!!! It is such a huge accomplishment, doesn't it feel great!

And welcome hikerchick! I really like this program alot and my fitness has GREATLY increased since starting it.
  • Hi Xanadoodle, thanks for the welcome! It is hard to imagine doing a 20 minute run, you must be so excited!

So I made it to...

Day 2

Get this, I totally goofed up on day one and did week 2s run instead which felt hard but doable. After reading the instructions I decded to faithfully follow the plan and go back to week one and I am so glad I did because though last run was ok this run felt nearly impossible.

I think the pouring rain might have had something to do with it. Also I have this hilly terrain and if I don't time things just right and run uphill too much it is way to hard on my lungs and if I do too much downhill it is too hard on my knees.

Nevertheless...

I did it.

One down 25 to go or however many runs it takes to get to the 5k goal.

For those of who are further along than me I would love to hear how you have managed so far. What have been the hardest hurdles and how did you push ahead.

Thanks for the support and encouragement. I look forward to meeting you at the 5k mark.
  • For me the toughest part came during week 5. I think Day 3 played a mind game with me. I was scared to move forward cause I just didn't think I could do it. I finally decided that it was time to put up or shut up and I ran the whole 20 minutes - that was when I realized that I TRULY could finish this program. I had confidence before finishing W5D3 but I was nervous, now I know absolutely that I can do this.

I also take it slow, as the weeks have progressed and the time increases my pace has slowed some. Slowing down a little keeps my heartrate in a manageable range and keeps me coming back for each new workout. I figure that once I finish the program I will work on my speed and gear up for a 5k.

Good Luck and I hope you find the program as helpful and energizing as I have!
  • Well I made it to day three. Thanks for the advice xanadoodle!

A 20 minute run is a great accomplishment. Anyone get to the end yet?

My husband started this too. We take turns watching the kids so the other can go out and run. I have my own little support group at home.

Have a great day everyone.
  • Quote: For me the toughest part came during week 5. I think Day 3 played a mind game with me. I was scared to move forward cause I just didn't think I could do it. I finally decided that it was time to put up or shut up and I ran the whole 20 minutes - that was when I realized that I TRULY could finish this program. I had confidence before finishing W5D3 but I was nervous, now I know absolutely that I can do this.
    This day totally played mind tricks with me today as well! I actually ended up doing 23 minutes b/c a great song came up on my playlist. I did W6D1 today so 25 minutes at the end of this week sounds doable. It really is a mindset though. Since I know I can do 23 minutes, 25 sound good, but it is still scary. I never thought I would be able to run for this long and love it. Running is really addicting.

Way to go on Day 3 hikerchick, just remember we didn't get to this point over night. It has taken me two months to get to the point were I am now...the wait and dedication is definetly worth it!
  • W2D1!

Happy valentines day!

• Okay finally did W6 Day3 yesterday. 25 minutes was tough but I made it!

• Way to go!
  • so how is everyone's progress coming?
  • I have been cheating and skipping a little ahead in the program. I am just loving running. I don't know what day I did exactly but I ran for 5 minutes three times today.

I really can't wait until I can run 2 miles straight. I think I am done jumping ahead at this point so it will still take me at least a month.

I really don't know what has gotten into me. I would have never thought myself a runner.
  • That's great to hear hikerchick! I guess you could say I have finished the program because I went from running 20 minutes two weeks ago to running 30 minutes today! It feels great. I am know going to work on decreasing my time. Also I might try running outside because it is starting to get warmer in the evening. It is just so much harder and I even run on an incline on the treadmill.

• Woo Hoo dollypie! You've graduated!

Yippeee!

I love the great outdoors. I am in northern california so while my weather is not warm it is not frigid either. Most mornings its about 40 degrees. It is difficult to get out in the rain at that temperature but so far the weather has been cooperating.

I find my run to be pretty motivating. The landscape talks to me. I plan my runs around the contour of the hills. Some days I think. I will go this way first because I want to make sure I am walking up that hill and lately I have been trying to run up the hilly parts more and more.

But I am lucky because I live in a great place to run outside. No cars no people.

Though the other day a dog barked at me ferociously and I was getting a bit paranoid that it would jump out at me from the bushes. A few seconds later I heard this 500lb giant jump out at me from the bushes. I was sure I was done for. I screamed.

But it wasn't a dog it was a giant buck with a full set of antlers.

It gave me a confused look and hooped off. I am sure it was a sign.

Have a great day what an accomplishment!
  • I am so jealous of you hikerchick with your beautiful scenary. I'm sure I would enjoy running more outside if I had some here. I am in Texas and in my town there are a few place to go running, but haven't ventured out. Also I usually run at 5am and I don't like the dark. That is funny about the buck!